Postal services from abroad

whiro

hey guys, I was told at the post office today that Thailand suspended all mail deliveries from USA starting this week.

Anybody knows how long the suspension is for, guessing for the month of April. And also, is it just the ban from USPS or did they ban all other carriers such as Fedex, Ups, etc...

The same goes for Sweden as well. Checked the website for the swedish postal-organisation, as due to the fact that there is no freight-aircrafts to Thailand, they store all mail and packages at their storage-house in Sweden, while waiting for this corona-stuff to be sorted.

glegolo

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

The same goes for Sweden as well. Checked the website for the swedish postal-organisation, as due to the fact that there is no freight-aircrafts to Thailand, they store all mail and packages at their storage-house in Sweden, while waiting for this corona-stuff to be sorted.

glegolo

shutting down everything ???? 

I hope it will help this chaos to slow down. Let's stay patient !

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

I have a parcel coming from China. First 3 days moved ok within China then stopped. No tracking since 30th March

Not just international deliveries. I've got a parcel coming from Bangkok with Lazada. It was handed over to their delivery partner a week ago and it's still with them in BKK as far as I can tell.

I received an email from the French administration that my birth certificate was send to me March 11th, I never received it!

In height years it is the first time I do not received anything send to me.

28 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Not just international deliveries. I've got a parcel coming from Bangkok with Lazada. It was handed over to their delivery partner a week ago and it's still with them in BKK as far as I can tell.

yes, my last 2 Lazada orders coming from Thailand were slow too.

I had an express letter sent to me from USA by DHL supposed to be due on 9th.  I checked tracking yesterday and it showed it was en route from USA - I rec'd a text message this morning from DHL saying it would be delivered before 6pm this evening.

Edited by soisanuk
  • Like 1

Mail from USA.  Starting last October I was getting no mail at all.  Today I still have three very important documents missing from that time.  My wife started asking her friends in they were getting all of their mail.  They were not!  They went as a group to the Post Office to complain.  The excuse was that our area had a new post person and that he/she could not find out homes.  Not so as I had seen this person delivering mail to the house next to mine.  Another trip to the post office and a search of mail returned by the carriers.  We did find one important document (SSA 1099) that had been returned but none of those that had been missing for months.  Service is better now.  Receiving TOT and True bills but nothing from outside of Thailand.  Hopefully this part will get better when the lockdowns are over.

This is a result of the lack of flights so, I would anticipate mail services not returning to normal until the flights return to normal. Upon being declined by Thai Post, I used UPS but was told they could not say when the mailing would reCh the USA destination.

6 minutes ago, Mak25 said:

There are no flights currently, hence no airmail service. I was told yesterday by the post office they can send by surface to Europe, it will take about 3 months. ????

No so many flights from the US but look how many over China. Snap shot of aircraft in the air taken just now.

FRworld.png

On 4/10/2020 at 1:22 PM, Ducatiski said:

I just received a package from Singapore via DHL, sent on the 7th April, arrived on the 9th April,  not too shabby

cool thanks. you are reminding me that there a DHL office in Chiang Mai.