BANGKOK
whiro

Postal services from abroad

hey guys, I was told at the post office today that Thailand suspended all mail deliveries from USA starting this week.

Anybody knows how long the suspension is for, guessing for the month of April. And also, is it just the ban from USPS or did they ban all other carriers such as Fedex, Ups, etc...

The same goes for Sweden as well. Checked the website for the swedish postal-organisation, as due to the fact that there is no freight-aircrafts to Thailand, they store all mail and packages at their storage-house in Sweden, while waiting for this corona-stuff to be sorted.

glegolo

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

The same goes for Sweden as well. Checked the website for the swedish postal-organisation, as due to the fact that there is no freight-aircrafts to Thailand, they store all mail and packages at their storage-house in Sweden, while waiting for this corona-stuff to be sorted.

glegolo

shutting down everything 😞 

I hope it will help this chaos to slow down. Let's stay patient !

Information for USA members is available here:

• Thanks 1

I tried to send a letter to the U S yesterday. The post office said to come back in about a month. 

I have a parcel coming from China. First 3 days moved ok within China then stopped. No tracking since 30th March

• Like 1

I've been waiting 12 days for a registered letter from USA.  Online tracking says the label was created but it's not in the system . The post office told the sender it is in New York.

I sent mail to Canada on Wednesday and it now goes but surface which means ship. It could take one to two months to arrive. 

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

I have a parcel coming from China. First 3 days moved ok within China then stopped. No tracking since 30th March

Not just international deliveries. I've got a parcel coming from Bangkok with Lazada. It was handed over to their delivery partner a week ago and it's still with them in BKK as far as I can tell.

I received an email from the French administration that my birth certificate was send to me March 11th, I never received it!

In height years it is the first time I do not received anything send to me.

28 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Not just international deliveries. I've got a parcel coming from Bangkok with Lazada. It was handed over to their delivery partner a week ago and it's still with them in BKK as far as I can tell.

yes, my last 2 Lazada orders coming from Thailand were slow too.

Posted (edited)

I had an express letter sent to me from USA by DHL supposed to be due on 9th.  I checked tracking yesterday and it showed it was en route from USA - I rec'd a text message this morning from DHL saying it would be delivered before 6pm this evening.

Edited by soisanuk
  • Like 1