It's official now, the visa extensions. But I just want to be certain.  

I'm on a visa exempt, never never extended it.  I arrived March 19 and can stay until April 17.  With the auto extension, I'm good until April 30th?  Or I must get an extension?  Is the auto extension for people who have already extended or also for people like me, who are still on original visa exempt?   Thanks

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Geezus. There is No Automatic extensions.

At this point in time. This has been a shameful news header running for week + now from TV news and other threads. 

Everyone needs sabai till details released. 

Automatic means NOTHING. It could be in one extreme, no need for embassy letter.

It could mean just attend imm for extension with standard 1900 fee.

Who knows. Chill

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Automatic means NOTHING. It could be in one extreme, no need for embassy letter.

I thought it was clear enough, no need to visit immigration until April 30. 

The person whose visas has expired from 26th of March 2020 will be automatically extended to 30th of April 2020. There is no need to apply for a visa extension at Immigration Office for this period and will not be fined THB 500 per day for this case.

https://immigration.go.th/content/visa_auto_extension?click=1

The only point of contention is 'visa has expired', as it relates to extensions. My interpretation is, that if you have a visa or extension of that visa that expires on or after 26-March, you do nothing until Apr-30.

If your visa expired before 26-Mar, meaning you're on overstay starting from a date prior to 26-Mar, you will not be automatically extended.

• Haha 1