BANGKOK
CG1 Blue

Will Covid 19 settle the Climate Change Debate?

10 minutes ago, sungod said:

Air is cleaner where I am, that's for sure.

A negative I see is increased waste of single use plastics, particularly takeaway services from restaurants/food vendors.

Good point 

• Like 2

I think that the Covid-19 episode will lead to worse effects on the climate because:

- many people/companies in western countries will default to quicker, cheaper and dirtier ways of producing and distributing goods and services due to lack of funds and need to make money to survive

- in the developing world, there will be an even more exageraged need as in the Western world. This will be aggravated by inherent poverty - while Covid-19 will be controlled in Western countries by public health measures and eventually vaccine, such measures in developing countries are going to have a more extreme effect and there will be issues with testing and vaccine distribution due to lack of funds both in the developing countries themselves and with the usual sources of funding from donors

• Like 2

If the temperature does not drop now, since the evil, eeeeeeeevil CO2 has decreased, there goes the money shot.

Looks like I got that global experiment I wanted. Will wait for results eagerly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, andy85 said:

That was funny. At least they are capable of changing their view when new evidence surfaces. Some here at TVF are still going raaaahhh just a flu bro Tarzan bundolo!

• Like 2

Come to Chiang Mai and tell me how good the air quality is here TIT

Has not stopped the smoke haze here in Lampang!!!

Still senseless burning off going on.

I wear a mask when out riding my bike but not for covid's purpose but to try and keep out the smoke particles.

20200324_091908.jpg

20200325_094833.jpg

• Like 1