Hi guys and gals. 

My seed supplier in the UK closed their ordering services due to covid19 before I could get my order in. This means that I'm sitting here at home, which is great, but without a single seed to sow (for this time of the year). 

Can any of you guys recommend an online seed supplier which delivers to Thailand AND accepts payment using debit card? 

Or, does anybody here have a few seeds to spare? I don't need many, just enough to keep me busy. Anything I could grow in April or May would be great. 

Thanking you in advance for any suggestions or offers you can make. 

• Like 1

Well try doing a search for your choice of seeds through Lazada BUT make sure to select 'local' or from Thailand only.

I bought those 'Reaper' pepper seeds from Lazada and I might just try to order some more.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 9:51 AM, djayz said:

I seldom buy seeds here. One of the main reasons being I don't like it when the packets are left out in the direct sunlight for hours and hours a day, day after day. I've had noticeably lower germination rates from those seeds. 

Another reason is, I've just finished 14 days in quarantine and really don't want to go out out unless absolutely necessary. 

Thanks for the tip though. 

Hello, been a while since we did seeds at The Mall, I was shopping at the Hyper Mart yesterday.

The link below is where the Jal seeds came from. They do take Debit cards and will ship by USPS.

Just tell the to list package as "garden supplies", NOT seeds. 

Have been using them for 3 years now as one of my sources of OG&OP seed. I wish TGS in FL. still

would mail seed. 

rice555

https://sustainableseedco.com

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rice555 said:

Hello, been a while since we did seeds at The Mall, I was shopping at the Hyper Mart yesterday.

The link below is where the Jal seeds came from. They do take Debit cards and will ship by USPS.

Just tell the to list package as "garden supplies", NOT seeds. 

Have been using them for 3 years now as one of my sources of OG&OP seed. I wish TGS in FL. still

would mail seed. 

rice555

https://sustainableseedco.com

Good idea but shipping from the the USA is by sea now and takes 3 months as there s no air mail.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Good idea but shipping from the the USA is by sea now and takes 3 months as there s no air mail.

Just been reading about this the last few days... so I suppose I might as well give up trying to get seeds from abroad then. I can't complain really. I still have 3 meals a day, a few cold beers in the evening and other odd jobs around the place to keep me busy. So, I'm way better off than other folk. 

Thanks guys and gals for the advice, websites, etc. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, khwaibah said:

I really didn't know. I just saw the USPS had stopped mail to HK/CN Feb. 10. 

Isn't UPS Fed X and other freight carriers still shipping freight?

All I know for sure is my tom's have a nice set of blossoms and I picked my

first red serrano on the second flush, and the jal's are a few weeks away from

there second round.

rice555 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rice555 said:

I really didn't know. I just saw the USPS had stopped mail to HK/CN Feb. 10. 

Isn't UPS Fed X and other freight carriers still shipping freight?

All I know for sure is my tom's have a nice set of blossoms and I picked my

first red serrano on the second flush, and the jal's are a few weeks away from

there second round.

rice555 

The info is from Thai Post and that is or both ways, 3 months. As for Fedex and others I tend to say no also but you need to contact them directly by phone to confirm. This link is for Fedex and does not look good. https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/apac-asia-pacific/downloads/fedex-covid-service-update-en-apac.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, djayz said:

On 4/8/2020 at 7:51 PM, djayz said:

I seldom buy seeds here. One of the main reasons being I don't like it when the packets are left out in the direct sunlight for hours and hours a day, day after day. I've had noticeably lower germination rates from those seeds. 

You may need to go shopping at some point and if you happen by Macro they have seeds, some in tri-packs for tb20. My store has them located between the fresh produce and the spices. Not a large assortment, though enough variety for fresh and cooked at every meal. Or, you could ask a friend or neighbor for a favor while they shop. Maybe there is a Thai vendor online. If so there's delivery via "Kerry" that was in my Ville today. There might be others still operating.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/9/2020 at 12:59 AM, Solinvictus said:

Well try doing a search for your choice of seeds through Lazada BUT make sure to select 'local' or from Thailand only.

I bought those 'Reaper' pepper seeds from Lazada and I might just try to order some more.

Hey Sol..I'll be trying the "reaper" seeds soon also.Please let me know how that went ok? send to me via TV..

• 7 months later...