Post office cannot send important document-Kalasin.

Scouse123

Guys,

I went to my local post office and I needed to send original first copies of documents to the Channel Islands yesterday.

The postmaster left his office and checked what seemed to be a book on postcodes. He then said to me very politely that they could not send it at this time due to the Corona epidemic.

I am uncertain but I think international post goes to Khonkaen from Kalasin and then by air to Bangkok to be sent internationally.

Just checking to see if any of you know better than me. I believe all the flights are cancelled for right now.

Is there any DHL or something I can use to send these documents? Any help genuinely appreciated.

Snip

International post has been cancelled for now, the guy at the post office was correct. There was an announcement about a week back.

I suggest trying your luck with DHL or FedEx, you might be in luck if cargo flights are still on the move.

• Like 1

Is it worth confirming by email that the recipient really does need paper copies?

That might be a general rule that may be relaxed at present. 

Does the organization have a portal to which you could upload scans of them?

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

Tell him you want to send the letter

International Letter Surface Mail

or in Thai:

จดหมายทางภาคพื้น

The Thaiand Post website reports the fee as 12 baht plus 85 baht if you want registered tracking. This is to the UK. Royal Mail should handle delivery to the Channel Islands.

Report back what he says. It will take 2 months to arrive, but it is the quickest thing going at the moment.  I am trying to find out the Thailand Post computer code for this class of service. I will report back tomorrow when I know more.

The agents at the post office seem to have no idea what they are talking about right now. Don't trust any answers you get. I got really angry earlier today due to a similar incident, and it looks like it is just very poorly trained staff.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, VBF said:

Is it worth confirming by email that the recipient really does need paper copies?

That might be a general rule that may be relaxed at present. 

Does the organization have a portal to which you could upload scans of them?

Tried that already but because it is a Gold company they won't budge. They have all the scanned copies already. I have even been cleared by their security to prove who I am with a 10 minute phone interview.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Spoke with DHL yesterday and they are operating.

CharlieH,

Thank you,

I will be on this tomorrow if I can find a depot in Kalasin area.

For some inexplicable reason the postal services in many other countries is suffering a meltdown with many items either in a huge delay or missing all together for many weeks even items with tracking numbers that stopped tracking as soon as the pandemic broke out and no one has a clue where they are...

• Thanks 1

If the OP was trying EMS, Thailand Post doesn't do EMS to the Channel Islands.  (Last year they accepted some urgent documents for Guernsey.  I was told a couple of weeks later that they had been returned to the regional post office where I could collect them because Guernsey wasn't serviced.  Something to do with an international postal agreement in which the Channel Islands weren't participants.  A few weeks later I had to go back to the post office to receive a partial refund.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

If the OP was trying EMS, Thailand Post doesn't do EMS to the Channel Islands.  (Last year they accepted some urgent documents for Guernsey.  I was told a couple of weeks later that they had been returned to the regional post office where I could collect them because Guernsey wasn't serviced.  Something to do with an international postal agreement in which the Channel Islands weren't participants.  A few weeks later I had to go back to the post office to receive a partial refund.)

Hi,

Thanks, that is the place Guernsey, I was sending the documents to.

I will check and try other methods offered by you guys and report back.

Thank you all people, great help to me.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

I said I would report back to you because you took the time and trouble to assist me.

I know my Thai  language skills are fine after all these years, but I went home and double checked just in case I was wrong regards my conversation at the post office

My lady contacted the postmaster who she knows on a personal level. He informed her that no mail was leaving for foreign shores at the moment, or at least from their post office.

Now, I do not know if this is correct or not but I am certainly not upsetting anybody at the moment in officialdom. Nope, not scared, but tempers are frayed.

Good news for me, Guernsey have responded very positively and stated they will NOW accept signed, stamped and dated scanned copies and are prepared to help in these uncertain times.

Regards DHL, They were telling me it is getting blocked, scanned all over the place and things are going missing because it is happening at the receiving end as well. A bit of meltdown.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

He informed her that no mail was leaving for foreign shores at the moment, or at least from their post office.

Well, it was certainly leaving for UK shores at least from my local post office at Kachet yesterday - in the form of my latest tax return sent by Surface Mail. Hopefully it will reach HMRC before their 31st October deadline expires!