Virus death projections greatly reduced!

Crazy Alex

5 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am pleased you know more than the epidemiologists and others at the CDC.

I would like to see you data surviellence software 

CDC is also full of buffoons, when this first started in Florida and the hospitals started to request help, the CDC said they were monitoring the situation, but there was nothing to worry about.  Additionally, they were told that there was no protective gear that the CDC was going to be sending, and to just use masks and gloves, which of course the hospitals had few of as well for their health care workers.  My daughter, a surgical ICU nurse, is still using the same gear she has worn for over two weeks, and as it falls apart has to find something else to make do. Duck tape on their tyvex suits is how they are sealing any tear in the material, and most have made their own masks now.  She is ready to quit and go where there is gear, either NY City or Washington.... 

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

CDC is also full of buffoons, when this first started in Florida and the hospitals started to request help, the CDC said they were monitoring the situation, but there was nothing to worry about.  Additionally, they were told that there was no protective gear that the CDC was going to be sending, and to just use masks and gloves, which of course the hospitals had few of as well for their health care workers.  My daughter, a surgical ICU nurse, is still using the same gear she has worn for over two weeks, and as it falls apart has to find something else to make do. Duck tape on their tyvex suits is how they are sealing any tear in the material, and most have made their own masks now.  She is ready to quit and go where there is gear, either NY City or Washington.... 

The big buffoon in the room in your story is DeSantis, who doesn't even pee unless Donald tells him to.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

So no facts just calling people crazy? Says a lot.

"of course anyone can make up numbers and get people to believe them if they are in a position of Authority.."

Guess in your haste to post you failed to read this part of the statement, shown above, on what crazy can be.  Quoting Stats and numbers from any source, which is not from a tried and true study, with all of the numbers tallied and used, gives false numbers, and is only done to appease people and ally fears.  Good use of not creating a panic in all actuality, while you slowly put in place lock downs and curfews so people really do not have a clue as to the real reason (Most believing what they are being told), and then create a panic buying frenzy when its not properly explained or documented so most can understand.....How is that for an explanation, but then you knew this and just were trolling....

6 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

?????

Estimated deaths due to influenza in the UK, 2017-2018 was 50,100  ( Gov.UK)

17,000 old folk dies from "Cold Housing " in UK

Life continues as normal in UK with these figures, hardly even mentioned anywhere

Add cancer 

Heart Attacks

Dietetics

Dementia

Many others including plain old age,

it kinds dwarfs the worst case figures for the new virus does it not ? 

no,the contagion is not over yet.

It is unwise to make comparisons with other diseases and social causes for death with this epidemic,and we will not know the outcome for many months.

I am reading a report from one university which posits that the virus may affect those Dx with it up to 25 weeks after initial infection. This is merely a study from known elements from surveilience from China and extrapolated , so no concrete knowledge yet.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

"of course anyone can make up numbers and get people to believe them if they are in a position of Authority.."

Guess in your haste to post you failed to read this part of the statement, shown above, on what crazy can be.  Quoting Stats and numbers from any source, which is not from a tried and true study, with all of the numbers tallied and used, gives false numbers, and is only done to appease people and ally fears.  Good use of not creating a panic in all actuality, while you slowly put in place lock downs and curfews so people really do not have a clue as to the real reason (Most believing what they are being told), and then create a panic buying frenzy when its not properly explained or documented so most can understand.....How is that for an explanation, but then you knew this and just were trolling....

So what is your point? The stats I gave were sourced from a detailed study.

12 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

So what is your point? The stats I gave were sourced from a detailed study.

Nothing aimed at your post, it was all generated because of Crazy Alex's comments about the US doctors revised Stats.  That's what it was pointed towards.  Sorry if you thought it was directed toward your stats.....The posts I had quoted have been removed by ....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Well, that's certainly an interesting viewpoint. Everyone seems to be on-board with China being the origin of the virus, the problem is with idiot leaders who stick their heads up their backsides and deny that the problem exists until it is too late, then they're either playing catch-up or blaming someone else or denying any responsibility, anything but admitting to their stupidity and malfeasance.

Here's a perfect example of a Forrest Gumpism: Stupid is as stupid does.

US intelligence officials were warning as far back as late November that the novel coronavirus was spreading through China's Wuhan region and posing a threat to its people and daily life, according to ABC News.

The US military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI) compiled a November intelligence report in which "analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources of the NCMI's report told ABC News.

The source told ABC News that the intelligence report was then briefed "multiple times" to the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon's Joint Staff and the White House.

Repeated briefings were held through December across the US government, including the National Security Council, culminating in a detailed outline of the threat in the President's Daily Brief in early January, according to ABC News, whose report cited four sources briefed on the matter.

According to Chinese propaganda via WHO on January 14, COVID-19 can't be spread by humans. Why do you suppose they left out that part?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/who-trashed-for-sharing-chinese-study-claiming-humans-cant-spread-coronavirus-during-outbreaks-onset

13 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

The big buffoon in the room in your story is DeSantis, who doesn't even pee unless Donald tells him to.

When it comes to buffoonery, Cuomo and de Blasio beat them all, given they have about HALF the deaths and infections of the entire country. Sadly, their buffoonery comes at a very high price.

Hey, what do you think about de Blasio telling people to go out and party on March 13? Good move?

Interesting Graphic on current daily fatalities in America when people try to deflect from the grave threat that covid/wuhan flu is. We shall see how it turns out in the end.

Yes, plenty of buffoonery going around, but the buck stops with the man in charge. He made a good decision in the beginning, banning the entrance of Chinese tourists, which he was unfairly criticized for, but he thought that solved it and didn't use the time to prepare. Afterwards, he made many blunders. Unfortunately, the extreme partisanship many display makes a dispassionate discussion of the situation in the US difficult.

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/1712761/?fbclid=IwAR0wmh5ay5ImkNgt2MKw1fgYIRPC90lOC1D3duKaMEibkzCVLJVb0yHS2oQ

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

So it's not an average. Just as I suspected.

The average is meaningless...why compare deaths on the occasion of the first death, to yesterday with 1940 deaths. Projections are for 3000 deaths per day in the US at its peak. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

Interesting Graphic on current daily fatalities in America when people try to deflect from the grave threat that covid/wuhan flu is. We shall see how it turns out in the end.

Yes, plenty of buffoonery going around, but the buck stops with the man in charge. He made a good decision in the beginning, banning the entrance of Chinese tourists, which he was unfairly criticized for, but he thought that solved it and didn't use the time to prepare. Afterwards, he made many blunders. Unfortunately, the extreme partisanship many display makes a dispassionate discussion of the situation in the US difficult.

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/1712761/?fbclid=IwAR0wmh5ay5ImkNgt2MKw1fgYIRPC90lOC1D3duKaMEibkzCVLJVb0yHS2oQ

Nice graphic. But you ruin it all by not putting it into perspective before you go all political.

Six core European countries have equal population to the US. They are UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and Switzerland.  Some with low fatality rates. Lets see how they are doing today:

Deaths= 7,988+2,349+10,869+15,238+18,279+2,523 = 57,246

US = 15826   WOW!

So your math is worse than Trumps.

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rabas said:

Nice graphic. But you ruin it all by not putting it into perspective before you go all political.

Six core European countries have equal population to the US. They are UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and Switzerland.  Some with low fatality rates. Lets see how they are doing today:

Deaths= 7,988+2,349+10,869+15,238+18,279+2,523 = 57,246

US = 15826   WOW!

So your math is worse than Trumps.

Nice crunching of the numbers. I suspect the China ban helped delay the explosion of the disease in the US. It seems premature to give the US a wow for it's covid case fatalities.

I don't think it was too political to put the lion share of the responsibility on the person in charge. It really seems like there was good deal of preparation time wasted in the US, which really could have have made one say wow (as in Taiwan, Vietnam, Hong Kong, and Singapore type of wows-these are the real wows in my estimation). Maybe you can verify if they are all as good as I think they are.

In any case, we shall see were it ends up in the end. I don't think the end result of the epidemic in the US will merit much praise although I hope otherwise. Have a good one.

1 hour ago, rabas said:

So you blame Xi? If not then WHO?

Oh Xi deserves the primary blame. He dropped the ball/covered it up first. We can only really guess at what the true progress of the disease was in China, and the real numbers are. I am baffled about what the WHO's real role is. It doesn't seem to have done a good job and is so political in its appraisal of things. Then when it comes to how another nation reacts to the situation, the main fault or praise would go to the head of state because no matter what the advisors say, that person makes the final decision. At a certain point, when one saw the progress of the disease elsewhere (South Korea, Iran, Italy none of whom seemed to take it seriously at the beginning), it was obvious that the statistics coming out of China were not true and that we all were in for a rough ride.

Edited by vermin on arrival