Sanders drops out of U.S. election race, setting up Biden battle with Trump

webfact

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

Try this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

Note his inability to not graduate near bottom in his classes, plagiarism, inability to hold a job for long and survival by going into politics. Deciding to run for US Senate before starting his elected position in New Castle county (where I grew up). Don't get me wrong, everyone likes Mr. "Hi, I'm Joe Biden! Vote for me". He's all charm. 

Just beating trump his all we really need. Don't do anything to mess up this lead till November 3rd.

Poll Date Sample MoE
Biden (D)
Trump (R)
Spread
RCP Average 3/11 - 4/7 -- -- 48.9 43.0 Biden +5.9
Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

I read the entire article. What comes across to me Republicans worked closely with Biden in order to get legislation over the line to ensure revenue coming into Delaware. Personally I find the justification repulsive considering the consequences for those less well off. Where's your criticism of Republicans for supporting the legislation? We all know the Obama admin did some great. to curtail the excesses of the financial services industry, which as soon as he could, trump reversed.

I would imagine Biden can use the info below to great effect against trump.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/12/politics/anthony-fauci-pushback-coronavirus-measures-cnntv/index.html

As per his M.O. trump has now retweeted a call for Fauci's firing. i suppose trump supporters will now call Fauci a traitor.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/492450-trump-retweets-supporter-calling-for-fauci-to-be-fired

Fauci handling of pandemic: 82% approval

Trump handling of pandemic: 45% approval

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Michelle Obama - never gonna happen. She's has no political experience. Obama has all sorts of muck on his hands that will surely come up HRC, Harris, Kloubacher, Duckworth, Baldwin.

I'd bet on Harris. If Hillary starts making her way back on stage, it's Hillary. Trouble is Clinton machine is very damaged. If she gets the nomination it will be very telling.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Just beating trump his all we really need. Don't do anything to mess up this lead till November 3rd.

Poll Date Sample MoE
Biden (D)
Trump (R)
Spread
RCP Average 3/11 - 4/7 -- -- 48.9 43.0 Biden +5.9

Sort of pathetic I mean at least Sanders had a vision.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Sorry, my post was made in response to the Democratic Party's only chance was in showing its positive response to Sanders (progressives) supporters. Without the party promoting the interests of the working middle class, I personally feel, we face the same disaffection faced in 2016 by far too many voters.

Your response is squarely inline with a traditional democrat sensibility, unfortunately the current choice of candidate is not. The race is doomed. Please do not tell me you think Biden is fine.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Indeed.

Of course Obama wasn't going to endorse anyone including Biden before a nominee was picked. If he had endorsed Biden earlier the tin foil 45 fans and Bernie bros extremists would have used that in their disinformation campaign that the Biden nomination was fixed by the establishment. Biden won because he got more votes resulting in more delegates. Period end of story.

Does anyone actually believe Obama won't endorse Biden at some point now that Biden's nomination is definite? What do they think? He will endorse 45? Stay neutral? What planet do such people live on? 

As far as when he will do that and in what setting. That is very much complicated by the virus emergency. He could do it soon in an online media event but he may well wait until the convention hoping that by then it can be somewhat of a real convention. I don't know when he will do it. I wouldn't surprised if he doesn't either. These are not normal times.  But don't fret, he will definitely do it and he will definitely forcefully campaign for Biden. 

I believe Obama will endorse the nominee, and campaign so hard that it will look like he is the one running, and bring much needed energy to the Democrat party and nominee, BUT right now I expect a lot of pressure to be put on Biden to bow out. It is obvious to everyone that his mind is rapidly failing. For the sake of his party he needs to go. Or risk a national embarassment, which will stick to Obama as well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

If only Biden can recall.... well, pretty much anything. Surely you realize he's in big trouble at the debates, yes?

No.  As indicated, Trump doesn't know how to debate.  That's ok with his base, but not with anyone else.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Tug said:

I disagree on the debate premise trump will revert to schoolboy sandbox bulley as he does in all things imo he will refuse or weasel (no offense to the weasels) out of the debates facts and truth are his enemies ,slander lies Emotional dog whistles are his tools imo he’s toast

Sad for the Chinese but they will have another 4 years of Trump. There is virtually no one left in the USA that isn't acutely aware of Biden's failing mind. Even Xi knows that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, teatime101 said:

Sociopaths and bullies are running most of the countries in the world, and they always have. They have an insatiable desire for power and the ruthless determination to achieve it.

Well, this is kind of a simplification and reduction to the absurd of all of history. And here I thought we were at the end of history and mostly Republics, and Parliamentary Democracies with elected Governments and all. I had no idea things were this bad.

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

No.  As indicated, Trump doesn't know how to debate.  That's ok with his base, but not with anyone else.

That may very well be true, and I agree with you; but we may very well be wrong as we were before. The problem the Democrats face is they are being forced to vote for someone the nation didn't choose, who only is the nominee because the party undermined the leading candidate that the electorate wanted. So now, we have to vote for what we are against, rather than what we are for, becacause no one is actually for Joe Biden.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, teatime101 said:

Sociopaths and bullies are running most of the countries in the world, and they always have. They have an insatiable desire for power and the ruthless determination to achieve it. Many people find this appealing. They want leaders to have simplistic solutions to complex problems, and the more unforgiving of transgressors the better.

Trump will almost certainly win, unless Biden picks someone smarter and more popular than him to take over - when his dementia sets in (Michelle Obama is the standout there, and the Dems would have it in the bag with her as VP).

Well Michelle did run the Nations school lunch program....the menu anyway...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Sad for the Chinese but they will have another 4 years of Trump. There is virtually no one left in the USA that isn't acutely aware of Biden's failing mind. Even Xi knows that.

Probably. But he'll also know he can trade some flattery for trillions in concessions from Trump. Or just outright buy him for not much money. Assuming Vlad approves.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

I read the entire article. What comes across to me Republicans worked closely with Biden in order to get legislation over the line to ensure revenue coming into Delaware. Personally I find the justification repulsive considering the consequences for those less well off. Where's your criticism of Republicans for supporting the legislation? We all know the Obama admin did some great. to curtail the excesses of the financial services industry, which as soon as he could, trump reversed.

I would imagine Biden can use the info below to great effect against trump.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/12/politics/anthony-fauci-pushback-coronavirus-measures-cnntv/index.html

As per his M.O. trump has now retweeted a call for Fauci's firing. i suppose trump supporters will now call Fauci a traitor.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/492450-trump-retweets-supporter-calling-for-fauci-to-be-fired

It is my humble opinion, as a Trump supporting Conservative, that the best thing for the Republican party is that Biden does not resign from the race.

Nothing can be better for Trump then to face a candidate who is in a near constant state of confusion.

It is obvious to everyone including every American liberal Democrat posting here, and the entire Democrat leadership with absolutely no exceptions.

How Democrats choose to deal with this obvious fact, of course, is up to them

Edited by WalkingOrders
sp
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Probably. But he'll also know he can trade some flattery for trillions in concessions from Trump. Or just outright buy him for not much money. Assuming Vlad approves.

All false absurdity

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

It is my humble opinion, as a Trump supporting Conservative, that the best thing for the Republican party is that Biden does not resign from the race.

Nothing can be better for Trump then to face a candidate who is in a near constant state of confusion.

It is obvious to everyone including every American liberal Democrat posting here, and the entire Democrat leadership with absolutely no ecxeptions.

How Democrats choose to deal with this obvious fact, of course, is up to them

You - humble - LOL

Occurs to me there is a significant flaw on how the US  & other democratic countries select their presidential / PM candidates. One would have thought an independent panel of health professionals should review their physical / mental health to deal with the enormous pressures of Office prior to running as candidates in an election.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Your response is squarely inline with a traditional democrat sensibility, unfortunately the current choice of candidate is not. The race is doomed. Please do not tell me you think Biden is fine.

Sanders in 2016 and 2020 as I think his proposals were inline with the best interests of the USA. Given that neither candidate in 2016 earned my vote, I voted 3rd Party. Dilemma presents itself again although I do not have the same rejection of Biden. My “down ticket” votes go for Democrats but I demand that my vote be earned. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

You - humble - LOL

Occurs to me there is a significant flaw on how the US  & other democratic countries select their presidential / PM candidates. One would have thought an independent panel of health professionals should review their physical / mental health to deal with the enormous pressures of Office prior to running as candidates in an election.

More on that subject here:

https://www.thoughtco.com/presidents-and-psych-evals-4076979

• Thanks 1