BANGKOK
webfact

Kerry denies parcel deliveries hit by staff quitting

Kerry denies parcel deliveries hit by staff quitting

By THE NATION

800_c9b3c544b1e6589.jpg?v=1586254173

Delivery service Kerry Express (Thailand) has denied online rumours that parcels are going undelivered because its staff are quitting amid the coronavirus outbreak.

"Following a viral story shared all in social media regarding Kerry employee resignations causing parcels to be undelivered, the company firmly conveys that the story is not true,” said the company's chief commercial officer Warawut Natpradith on Tuesday (April 7). “We have over 20,000 employees who are still working normally."

However, Kerry admitted it was now facing unprecedented challenges as the pandemic had sparked increased demand for parcel services from every industry.

"[D]ue to the higher demand for goods delivery during the Covid-19 outbreak and the state of emergency, we urgently took remedial measures by assigning an emergency response team to manage pending shipments in every warehouse," he said.

The company said it has implemented a range of measures to deal with the situation.

Parcels sent on or before April 4 would be delivered within this upcoming week, it said.

Meanwhile it is recruiting over 1,000 new call centre and operational-support staff while also offering special renumerations to motivate and boost employee morale.

In addition, Kerry said it has temporarily increased estimated shipping time from one day to two-three days and is prioritising delivery of medical and protective equipment for the Covid-19 crisis, as well as goods with an expiry date.

Kerry has urged customers not to come to its warehouses to pick up or dispatch parcels, as this risks spreading Covid-19 and also slowing delivery operations.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30385555

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-09

I would guess they're under a lot of pressure now with many turning to online purchasing in light of store closures and restrictions.

Rumor probably started from disgruntled employees under pressure with excessive delivery quotas. My recent delivery driver commented on volume increases and time issues.

• Like 2

Something has changed as I get several deliveries a week from them and the last two weeks I have had to tell several drivers where I live . Before it was the same 4 drivers who always knew where I stay. 

• Like 2

My wife  commented about this today,she said lots of drivers had quit because they  had no insurance in case they caught the virus..I have noticed a lot less  delivery vans around my area, used to see at least 2-3 per day.

Rain, Sleet or Snow....

This is the best time to hire more people, if that is needed.  Know many Thais that need a job, even for a few weeks.   

My delivery from them a couple of days ago arrived 52 hours after I placed the order.

4 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

The only reason people continue working for delivery services (Kerry, Grab, FoodPanda) is that better jobs (often their former jobs) are no longer available. These are tough times.

No, you are definitively wrong!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

2 things I am really grateful for during this time: Internet and Lazada/Shopee. 

Personally I'm still pi**ed at Lazada for canceling a face mask order.

Back in February I saw what was coming and placed an order for face masks.

The order was confirmed, two days later an email said they had been packed and handed to the logistics company, awaiting delivery.

3 days after that an email said it was canceled as it was out-of-stock!!!!

How can that be?

LIARS

• Haha 1