Kerry denies parcel deliveries hit by staff quitting

webfact

Kerry denies parcel deliveries hit by staff quitting

By THE NATION

800_c9b3c544b1e6589.jpg?v=1586254173

Delivery service Kerry Express (Thailand) has denied online rumours that parcels are going undelivered because its staff are quitting amid the coronavirus outbreak.

"Following a viral story shared all in social media regarding Kerry employee resignations causing parcels to be undelivered, the company firmly conveys that the story is not true,” said the company's chief commercial officer Warawut Natpradith on Tuesday (April 7). “We have over 20,000 employees who are still working normally."

However, Kerry admitted it was now facing unprecedented challenges as the pandemic had sparked increased demand for parcel services from every industry.

"[D]ue to the higher demand for goods delivery during the Covid-19 outbreak and the state of emergency, we urgently took remedial measures by assigning an emergency response team to manage pending shipments in every warehouse," he said.

The company said it has implemented a range of measures to deal with the situation.

Parcels sent on or before April 4 would be delivered within this upcoming week, it said.

Meanwhile it is recruiting over 1,000 new call centre and operational-support staff while also offering special renumerations to motivate and boost employee morale.

In addition, Kerry said it has temporarily increased estimated shipping time from one day to two-three days and is prioritising delivery of medical and protective equipment for the Covid-19 crisis, as well as goods with an expiry date.

Kerry has urged customers not to come to its warehouses to pick up or dispatch parcels, as this risks spreading Covid-19 and also slowing delivery operations.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30385555

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-09

I would guess they're under a lot of pressure now with many turning to online purchasing in light of store closures and restrictions.

Rumor probably started from disgruntled employees under pressure with excessive delivery quotas. My recent delivery driver commented on volume increases and time issues.

• Like 2

My wife  commented about this today,she said lots of drivers had quit because they  had no insurance in case they caught the virus..I have noticed a lot less  delivery vans around my area, used to see at least 2-3 per day.

4 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

The only reason people continue working for delivery services (Kerry, Grab, FoodPanda) is that better jobs (often their former jobs) are no longer available. These are tough times.

No, you are definitively wrong!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

2 things I am really grateful for during this time: Internet and Lazada/Shopee. 

Personally I'm still pi**ed at Lazada for canceling a face mask order.

Back in February I saw what was coming and placed an order for face masks.

The order was confirmed, two days later an email said they had been packed and handed to the logistics company, awaiting delivery.

3 days after that an email said it was canceled as it was out-of-stock!!!!

How can that be?

LIARS

• Haha 1

The Lazada delivery guy was asking me to sign a phone screen with my finger which I do not believe is suitable at this time unless the screen is cleaned with an alcohol wipe every time. I doubt that is happening so they should find another way to show the delivery was made.

3 minutes ago, oztraveller said:

The Lazada delivery guy was asking me to sign a phone screen with my finger which I do not believe is suitable at this time unless the screen is cleaned with an alcohol wipe every time. I doubt that is happening so they should find another way to show the delivery was made.

I had a delivery 2 days ago from Lazada, money was left on the wall inside the gate.

My wife told the driver, nobody will sign your smartphone, you want a signature... Do it yourself, which he did.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oztraveller said:

My 3 recent deliveries the Kerry drivers were on the ball. Showed me the screen, asked if ok he sign for me, took my photo with the package (I assume in case I later denied delivery) and off he went. My regular driver for paleorobbie deliveries asked me to use my own pen to sign the paper, not use his. Still had paper but no choice. Our regular postman smiled (behind his mask) when I held out a plastic bag for him to drop the package in.

Most have got the message.

Also, does anyone know why a Lazada search for 'face masks' ends with 'no results'? Been like that for weeks, zero options for face masks. Local mom and pop now stock so not an issue. Lazada never turns up zero in a search.

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I would guess they're under a lot of pressure now with many turning to online purchasing in light of store closures and restrictions.

Rumor probably started from disgruntled employees under pressure with excessive delivery quotas. My recent delivery driver commented on volume increases and time issues.

Same with me ordered 2 things and both were far slower as normal meaning extra days. When I commented about it the driver told me really busy now and he was not happy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Chrissakes , sign the screen then go wash ur hands in soapy water for 20 seconds.

Actually have not been asked to sign for several weeks now - believe most services are not asking for signature anymore but may ask name or take photo.

I bought some items and delivered last week 1) a 20 metre pipe with connections for spraying a very fine mist for cooling the patio.  We've had no mains water for the last two weeks.  2) some bottled food items including  an outrageously hot West Indian sauce from Encona. Just too hot.

My tolerance for hot foodstuffs appears to diminish with age.

I can still handle a pickled onion though. Haywards of course.

• Like 1

I have had personal shipments coming from China via Kerry and DHL delayed the past three weeks. I do know that just because you get an email about "handing over' does not mean it is on a Kerry truck or Kerry Depot. Six days a week dozens of packages are brought to the Kerry depot in Buriram by a hardware store. There are real consequences to a Lazada merchant's rating if they don't ship the same day as the order is placed. I understand when people place an order to buy a lawn mower, water pump or power tool they count the days until it arrives. I have noted that Kerry and other couriers no longer insist on my signature. I am happy to tip these hard working couriers. 

Buriram Electric Lawn Mower Makita via Kerry Delivery Thailand.jpg

Buriram Tools Water Pumps via Kerry Express.jpg

I ordered a new 4G Router from JIB Computers at 4:30pm on Tuesday. It was delivered by Kerry to me in Hua Hin at 3:30pm on Wednesday. I was expecting a delay though as GF said Kerry were having problems with drivers. Assumed that either they were earning more by going to Grab or Food Panda. More likely it is the increased rate of online ordering now that many goods cannot be purchased due to store closures. JIB called me within 10 minutes of placing the order to advise maybe a delay in delay - turns out it was delivered in less than 24hrs of ordering. I was impressed by Kerry's (and JIB's) service.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saltire said:

My 3 recent deliveries the Kerry drivers were on the ball. Showed me the screen, asked if ok he sign for me, took my photo with the package (I assume in case I later denied delivery) and off he went. My regular driver for paleorobbie deliveries asked me to use my own pen to sign the paper, not use his. Still had paper but no choice. Our regular postman smiled (behind his mask) when I held out a plastic bag for him to drop the package in.

Most have got the message.

Also, does anyone know why a Lazada search for 'face masks' ends with 'no results'? Been like that for weeks, zero options for face masks. Local mom and pop now stock so not an issue. Lazada never turns up zero in a search.

If you're looking for face masks on Lazada go to the Health and Beauty category, subcategory Personal Care. Plenty of masks available. Received delivery of some this week, Bangkok to Hua Hin in 2 days.

• Thanks 1