Kerry denies parcel deliveries hit by staff quitting

webfact

I've done a bit of this work in the UK. Was also talking to another bloke who'd done it.

2 drivers cos it can be a 15 hour day

driving nearly 200 miles to make 85 deliveries total.

Some "packages" weighing 150+ kilos.

Great job!????

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It appears that when the Lazada website says handed to logistics partner, but they have  not yet sent an email about delivery, it has in fact not been passed to Kerry or equivalent.

I went through this with the one order that was canceled, turned out to have been never filled by the seller who ultimately cancelled altogether. I though because it said on the Lazada site that t was with the logistics partner (and even gave a Kerry tracking number) that it was with Kerry but the tracking number roved not in Kerry system, Lazada rep told me when I contacted them that it was still with the seller, and seller confirmed.

Confusing, I agree. I have learned that until I get the email saying  "Your item(s) has been Shipped", it hasn't been and the status shown on the wesite is meaningless.

It has happened to me for my last 4 orders. Exactly the same scenario. Order was accepted, got the tracking number, but Kerry said: no such package. Had to speak to Lazada to get the orders cancelled as they showed as shipped.

But this is the problem with the sellers, who advertise items they don't have in stock and cannot source.

One of the items I had to cancel trough Lazada, showed up as available on the sellers site the very next day.

• Like 2

Had 3 deliveries today alone, first one a guy in a white saloon, the second my regular guy (motorbike guy) who calls me by my name (pretty much delivers to me daily) and then a Kerrys van. Can't complain at all, excellent service in my eyes. Never ever had a problem with them.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Big shout out to all the delivery drivers.

True heroes. Thank you very much.

Stay safe.

Well, 'heroes" is maybe a bit OTT, but they are certainly providing a great service and we should show our appreciation.

I have never tipped our Kerry, Tesco, Tops delivery guys before - but I do now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Saltire said:

Also, does anyone know why a Lazada search for 'face masks' ends with 'no results'? Been like that for weeks, zero options for face masks.

When I asked about it, Lazada said it was because they were investigating complaints about sellers asking inflated prices - way above the government guidelines/restrictions.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Saltire said:

lso, does anyone know why a Lazada search for 'face masks' ends with 'no results'? Been like that for weeks, zero options for face masks. Local mom and pop now stock so not an issue. Lazada never turns up zero in a search

Aliexpress have the blue masks  10 for $5.5  del time is 14 30 days.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2020 at 5:55 AM, Grumpy John said:

They must be very busy.  2 Kerry vans came to our village yesterday.  One at 10.50am and the other at 6.00pm who must have had one drop or pick-up as he was heading back at 6.10pm.  I get to see a lot watering the plants in the front yard of an evening. ????

You have water?

On 4/9/2020 at 6:55 AM, Grumpy John said:

They must be very busy.  2 Kerry vans came to our village yesterday.  One at 10.50am and the other at 6.00pm who must have had one drop or pick-up as he was heading back at 6.10pm.  I get to see a lot watering the plants in the front yard of an evening. ????

Quite right too, it's only right and proper that grumpy old gits like me should spend their evenings watering the garden. It's one of the ineffable signs that all's right with the world, depite news to the contrary.

Personally I've always had pretty good service from Kerry, I hope their trials and tribulations sort themselves out quickly.

Edited by ParkerN