WHO head defends handling of coronavirus pandemic against Trump criticism

webfact

5 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

'It is pretty much clear he is a shield for Beijing,' said a senior British Cabinet source. 'His comments congratulating China for exemplary handing of the crisis are not borne out by the reality of events.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8187901/Chinas-toxic-lackey-head-stands-accused-putting-lives-risk.html

Looks like Trump won this battle easily. Why do corrupt officials always think they can take on Donald Trump and expect him to be too hamstrung by PC and diplomacy to hit back? They never learn.

I am not defending WHO as I am not up on the timeline but ... using the quote from the Brit, "His comments congratulating China for exemplary handing of the crisis ..." was echoed by Trump's public statement saying the same thing about China's handling of the spread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Heard an interesting Canadian medico (sorry don't know the name or position held) being interviewed this morning (Thai time) on Al Jazeerah about this stoush.

She said that she wondered if Trumps folks are trying to make political advantage by deflecting and shifting blame away from their own actions i.e. That Trumps regime dismantled the Obama initiative funded and set up for a response group to watch for, set up, recommend to govt, and initiate responses regarding epidemics across the globe and their impact on the US. The group included FEMA, Homeland Security, Immigration, CDC, and other powerful watchdogs and thus was not ready to react as effectively as could have. 

Agree, that is part of the mistakes made.

• Haha 1

A post commenting on moderation has been removed:

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

Heard an interesting Canadian medico (sorry don't know the name or position held) being interviewed this morning (Thai time) on Al Jazeerah about this stoush.

She said that she wondered if Trumps folks are trying to make political advantage by deflecting and shifting blame away from their own actions i.e. That Trumps regime dismantled the Obama initiative funded and set up for a response group to watch for, set up, recommend to govt, and initiate responses regarding epidemics across the globe and their impact on the US. The group included FEMA, Homeland Security, Immigration, CDC, and other powerful watchdogs and thus was not ready to react as effectively as could have. 

Spot on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

The WHO cannot be trusted—plain and simple. Shame how they treated Taiwan upon open and honest questioning.  Let the CCP and liberals take up funding the WHO.

Well I've never trusted the bizarre views of the far right followers of the drunken senator from Wisconsin either-70 years and still going strong...

I'll stick with WHO.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1