How easy is it to get an Irish Passport?

• 1 year later...

Hi

I'm British - my Dad was born in Dublin, my Mum England - I received my Irish passport this morning.

I got it to allow me easier access to the EU if we decide to stay there over Thailand going forward.

Took slightly longer than advertised as they weren't processing NEW passport applications due to Level 5 Covid.

From when they've actually had my docs and moved from level 5 it's probably taken around 6/7 weeks - very simple and very straight forward application and receipt. ( cost is around £100 in total )

I did write a section on it in another thread but I can't find it now - the search facility doesn't seem to be great on here & I've tried google to update that thread but can't find it. Maybe the @oldgit has more experience re the search facility.

But overall, very,very simple, I did document everything I submitted in that other thread ( including getting my father's birth certificate from Dublin ).

If anyone needs any info' I can help with please don't hesitate to P.M. me.

Regards

Edited by Pmbkk

13 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

I did write a section on it in another thread but I can't find it now - the search facility doesn't seem to be great on here & I've tried google to update that thread but can't find it. Maybe the @oldgit has more experience re the search facility.

Was it this one? https://aseannow.com/topic/1213602-irish-passport/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-16506851

5 hours ago, theoldgit said:
19 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

Was it this one? https://aseannow.com/topic/1213602-irish-passport/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-16506851

That's the one thanks. I've updated it.