Immigration Announces "latest visa relief measures on 7 April 2020"

9 minutes ago, fishtank said:

So in other words. Totally useless for most of us.

I will still have to go there next week for my Marriage Extension stamp.

Yep, absolutely useless! My METV has a 30 day extension which expires on the 2nd week of May. This announcement does nothing at all to give me a "visa relief".

5 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

I believe this is going to be a rolling extension, there is no way this will be sorted by the 30th of april.

Im hoping they keep extending it past June.

I hope so, as for now this "news" is totally worthless and really does nothing to help anyone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Yep, absolutely useless! My METV has a 30 day extension which expires on the 2nd week of May. This announcement does nothing at all to give me a "visa relief".

Same with me. I'm expecting to be down at CW as usual. At least the crowds will be less. 

7 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Most "Tourists" Will know nothing about these measures as they dont sit glued to ThaiVisa all day.

Between Thaivisa, facebook groups, all the other online news sites, twitter, and reddit a huge % will know. Everyone is online everyday checking news and information these days. 

Edited by lovesthespicy

Just now, bbi1 said:

I hope so, as for now this "news" is totally worthless and really does nothing to help anyone.

Yep, thought the same,when it first came out that it was an extension until the 30th of April. ????,

Maybe they know something we dont.????‍♂️

7 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Am I the only one who thinks "The person whose visas have expired ..." is intended to mean "anyone whose permission to stay has expired ..."? I recall a case from yesterday when someone was told by immigration that his second extension of a visa exempt was no longer necessary, as it was now automatic.

I am too used to immigration calling every stamp they put in your passport a "weezah", and strongly suspect that this is just a rushed announcement with horrendous wording.

It states at the bottom what is included...but what is P.30 P.90 etc

29 minutes ago, baansgr said:

At last some sense, especially with no 90 days required. 

You'll still have to do a 90 day after April 30. Do you think coronavirus will have gone away by then? I don't.

My visa expires on 13/04/ and i was going to kk immigration tomorrow or monday

but reading this i want to make sure i now don't have to go to immigration to

extend,it is valid now until the 30th april i don't need another stamp i can stay

at home no need to travel to kk,am i correct? i know it seems a bit naive i just 

want to make sure as i live here and don't want an overstay stamp,

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

Same with me. I'm expecting to be down at CW as usual. At least the crowds will be less. 

Between Thaivisa, facebook groups, all the other online news sites, twitter, and reddit a huge % will know. Everyone is online everyday checking news and information these days. 

Not everyone is like you.
I, for example, have no account with Facebook, Line and their friends.
And I don't have a smartphone either.
fortunately that I have  thaivisa to keep myself informed

• Like 1