Immigration Announces "latest visa relief measures on 7 April 2020"

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You'll still have to do a 90 day after April 30. Do you think coronavirus will have gone away by then? I don't.

No I think it will go on a long time, however immigration will review before 30the April and should extend again....I will try online anyway...

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

Yep.

Even if the extension ends after March 26th? I see the unclear word 'Visa' is utilized and I inerpret it to mean Permission of Stay, and there is no clarification wrt what that Permission is based on, a Tourist Waiver, a Tourist Visa, a Non-Imm-O Entry, or any prior Extension?

Usually best to wait for clarification on these announcements, the devil in the details, the details not supplied!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Even if the extension ends after March 26th? I see the unclear word 'Visa' is utilized and I inerpret it to mean Permission of Stay, and there is no clarification wrt what that Permission is based on, a Tourist Waiver, a Tourist Visa, a Non-Imm-O Entry, or any prior Extension?

Usually best to wait for clarification on these announcements, the devil in the details, the details not supplied!

It does say all visa's.

Just like I predicted the 90 day report is totally confusing?? It doesn't clarify if it means going in person, doing by mail or online or all three methods? What is it? Should I do my 90 day next week as normal online or by post?

Or do I now have to wait to another announcement from 30_Apr onwards before doing a 90 day report online?

Edited by MJKT2014
  • Like 1

Just now, MJKT2014 said:

Just like I predicted the 90 day report is totally confusing?? It doesn't clarify if it means going in person, doing by mail or online or all three methods? What is it? Should I do my 90 day next week as normal online or by post?

What do you have to lose by doing it by mail or online?  Just don't go in person.

10 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

It does say all visa's.

I doubt, for example, Visa Exempts would be excluded. I am more inclined to expect it applies to those specifically on POS originating from Tourist Exempts, Tourist Visas and Extensions (regular and Covid Emergency) thereof. 

I actually hope it encompasses all and makes Immigration visits unnecessary.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

So in other words. Totally useless for most of us.

I will still have to go there next week for my Marriage Extension stamp.

In fact it applies to your case too (ALL VISA TYPES INCLUDING NON IMM EXTENSIONS) as was said all along ????
If you not happy with a free automatic extension feel free to visit immi & extend manually as you wish (provided offices are still kept open) or wait as proposed to extend again after emergency degree ended!

Edited by worldfun
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

What do you have to lose by doing it by mail or online?  Just don't go in person.

I have to lose it getting rejected for reasons that I applied at wrong time then going in person to sort the crp out?

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

My reading of it, is that people on Annual Extensions (work/marriage/retirement) still need to process their new extension at Immigration.  However, if it expires during the "amnesty" period, they will not be fined for overstaying if they go when the "amnesty" is over.  Obviously their new Extension will be backdated, so they won't get any extra months.

Of course, once the "amnesty" is over, Immigration will be a nightmare again, so it would make sense to go now, as all the tourists, 90 day reporters etc will not be there!

Hundreds of people still showed up at immigration this morning 5.30am. Alot of people dont know about this amnesty. Id give it a few days.

1 minute ago, worldfun said:

In fact it applies to your case too (ALL VISA TYPES INCLUDING NON IMM EXTENSIONS) as was said all along ????
If you not happy with a free automatic extension feel free to visit immi & extend manually as you wish (provided offices are still kept open) or wait as proposed to extend again after emergency degree ended!

Immigration offices will remain open.

50 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

My visa expires on 13/04/ and i was going to kk immigration tomorrow or monday

but reading this i want to make sure i now don't have to go to immigration to

extend,it is valid now until the 30th april i don't need another stamp i can stay

at home no need to travel to kk,am i correct? i know it seems a bit naive i just 

want to make sure as i live here and don't want an overstay stamp,

Thanks in advance.

I'm always confused when IO put out a new order re "visas." Does it includes "extensions of stay" [both retirement and marriage] or is it only tourist visas, visa exempts etc.?

6 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Hundreds of people still showed up at immigration this morning 5.30am. Alot of people dont know about this amnesty. Id give it a few days.

Probably those sent away and told yesterday to return tomorrow. I expect people will still be going to IOs. Officers need to be going down the lines, looking at passports and sending home those who needed extensions after March 26th.

• Like 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Probably those sent away and told yesterday to return tomorrow. I expect people will still be going to IOs. Officers need to be going down the lines, looking at passports and sending home those who needed extensions after March 26th.

And giving out letters stating the new amnesty. Saying that though, how many of these tourists cant read thai or even english.

Think it needs to be translated into multiple different languages and stuck to the walls outside immigration.

I'm on a 30 day extension to mid april, originally a 30 day tourist visa exemption finish 15march. I know people are capitalizing "EVERYONE" but still saying "Visa" expires. When they say "visa expires" on/after 26th march, they imply that includes extensions too?  So Im good to 30th april now without doing nowt, correct? 

Edited by dsf9

5 minutes ago, worldfun said:

Okay so to clarify:

You've entered on a Non IMM O (Family or Dependent) for 90 days

You've extended for the usual 60 Days at CW

60 Day Extension ends April 19th

Uncle P says you're golden until 30th April and no need to visit him in person.

4 minutes ago, dsf9 said:

I'm on a 30 day extension to mid april, originally a 30 day tourist visa exemption finish 15march. I know people are capitalizing "EVERYONE" but still saying "Visa" expires. When they say "visa expires" on/after 26th march, they imply that includes extensions too?  So Im good to 30th april now without doing nowt, correct? 

Yes, you're good until April 30th.

• Thanks 1

So in other words. Totally useless for most of us.

I will still have to go there next week for my Marriage Extension stamp.

is a "marriage extension stamp" same as renewing your extension for another year?

2 minutes ago, i84teen said:

is a "marriage extension stamp" same as renewing your extension for another year?

I think so BUT UBONJOE might reply to you...HE has vast ammounts of knowledge regarding matters concerning TV readers/posters.....a really helpful person .....