Jump to content
BANGKOK
ubonjoe

Immigration Announces "latest visa relief measures on 7 April 2020"

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You'll still have to do a 90 day after April 30. Do you think coronavirus will have gone away by then? I don't.

No I think it will go on a long time, however immigration will review before 30the April and should extend again....I will try online anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BritTim said:

In context, I read P.30, P.90 etc. to mean 30/90 day permission to stay based on visa exemption.

That makes sense, cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I just did my 90 day report online on Sunday and got the approval on Wed.  I recommend continuing to do the 90 day report online as long as it still works.  Might avoid some confusion later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baansgr said:

At last some sense, especially with no 90 days required. 

But only suspended for a month at this instance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fishtank said:

Yep.

Even if the extension ends after March 26th? I see the unclear word 'Visa' is utilized and I inerpret it to mean Permission of Stay, and there is no clarification wrt what that Permission is based on, a Tourist Waiver, a Tourist Visa, a Non-Imm-O Entry, or any prior Extension?

Usually best to wait for clarification on these announcements, the devil in the details, the details not supplied!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Even if the extension ends after March 26th? I see the unclear word 'Visa' is utilized and I inerpret it to mean Permission of Stay, and there is no clarification wrt what that Permission is based on, a Tourist Waiver, a Tourist Visa, a Non-Imm-O Entry, or any prior Extension?

Usually best to wait for clarification on these announcements, the devil in the details, the details not supplied!

It does say all visa's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just like I predicted the 90 day report is totally confusing?? It doesn't clarify if it means going in person, doing by mail or online or all three methods? What is it? Should I do my 90 day next week as normal online or by post?


Or do I now have to wait to another announcement from 30_Apr onwards before doing a 90 day report online?

Edited by MJKT2014
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MJKT2014 said:

Just like I predicted the 90 day report is totally confusing?? It doesn't clarify if it means going in person, doing by mail or online or all three methods? What is it? Should I do my 90 day next week as normal online or by post?

What do you have to lose by doing it by mail or online?  Just don't go in person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

It does say all visa's.

I doubt, for example, Visa Exempts would be excluded. I am more inclined to expect it applies to those specifically on POS originating from Tourist Exempts, Tourist Visas and Extensions (regular and Covid Emergency) thereof. 

I actually hope it encompasses all and makes Immigration visits unnecessary.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fishtank said:

So in other words. Totally useless for most of us.

I will still have to go there next week for my Marriage Extension stamp.

In fact it applies to your case too (ALL VISA TYPES INCLUDING NON IMM EXTENSIONS) as was said all along 🙂
If you not happy with a free automatic extension feel free to visit immi & extend manually as you wish (provided offices are still kept open) or wait as proposed to extend again after emergency degree ended!

Edited by worldfun
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

What do you have to lose by doing it by mail or online?  Just don't go in person.

I have to lose it getting rejected for reasons that I applied at wrong time then going in person to sort the crp out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

My reading of it, is that people on Annual Extensions (work/marriage/retirement) still need to process their new extension at Immigration.  However, if it expires during the "amnesty" period, they will not be fined for overstaying if they go when the "amnesty" is over.  Obviously their new Extension will be backdated, so they won't get any extra months.

 

Of course, once the "amnesty" is over, Immigration will be a nightmare again, so it would make sense to go now, as all the tourists, 90 day reporters etc will not be there!

Hundreds of people still showed up at immigration this morning 5.30am. Alot of people dont know about this amnesty. Id give it a few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, worldfun said:

In fact it applies to your case too (ALL VISA TYPES INCLUDING NON IMM EXTENSIONS) as was said all along 🙂
If you not happy with a free automatic extension feel free to visit immi & extend manually as you wish (provided offices are still kept open) or wait as proposed to extend again after emergency degree ended!

Immigration offices will remain open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...