Immigration Announces "latest visa relief measures on 7 April 2020"

1 minute ago, essox essox said:

so do you read it like I do......THAT I do not have to do 90 day until further notice.....I was due to sign in before 12th April??

You dont need to go in. Cant u do it by post or online though?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, essox essox said:

so do you read it like I do......THAT I do not have to do 90 day until further notice.....I was due to sign in before 12th April??

It said...

Aliens who are due for 90 days reports between 26th of March 2020 and 30th of April 2020 are temporarily exempted from reporting in this period until further notice.

Temporarily exempted and until further notice mean watch this space I guess. 

If you are due May 1st or later, report. 

Edited by jacko45k

25 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

This time they're saying "the person" instead of "tourists" so now it is not confusing and clear for everybody.

They're gonna have a look at the situation month by month, that's fine.

Thank you immigration and the PM.

i thought it read ALIENS.....MEANING ANYONE WHO IS NOT THAI....

I would really appreciate a reply from one the experts (Hello, Sir Ubonjoe^^) here on this.

My situation:

EU (German) passport.

I reside in South Korea, haven't been to Germany since I was a kid.

My (German) father lives in Patong, Phuket on a retirement visa.

I usually visit him for a few weeks every 3 months or so, coming in on a 30-day exemption stamp.

I arrived in Phuket on 27 Feb and received a stamp valid till 27 March.

After the situation in Korea got worse and worse, and several flights I booked got cancelled, I went to Phuket Town immi on 23 March and received an extension until 26 April. I do not know if this extension was a "Covid" extension or just a normally processed one. They did not ask me for a letter from the German embassy/consulate, which suited me just fine because the German embassy/consulate as well as most EU member states have decided not to issue them. Attached are pics of my 30 day exemption and extension.

I am in Patong, which is strictly locked down. So I am unable to leave to even go to the airport, which will shut down anyway on 10 April (tomorrow) till 30 April. I had a flight to DMK booked today and an onwards flight back to Korea tomorrow so that plan has now faltered.

My next confirmed booking is 1 May HKT-DMK, then a flight to Korea on 3 May.

My questions:

1. As I am "legal" for now until Apr 26th thanks to the extension, will I be covered under this "amnesty" until the 30th, and - still be included if the govt decides to extend the amnesty into May?

2.  If the amnesty ends on 26 Apr and I try to get on a plane on 1 May/3 May, will I be fined and/or get one of those dreaded "overstayed" stamps? I absolutely do not care about the money but since visit my dad here quite often and also own a condo, I do not want to risk any situation that might look bad on my record, Covid or not.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I think it's better to be specific in order to get a knowledgeable/quality relpy~^^

Thanks guys,

Worried in Patong

KakaoTalk_20200409_083741353_02.jpg

KakaoTalk_20200409_083741353_01.jpg

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

You'll still have to do a 90 day after April 30. Do you think coronavirus will have gone away by then? I don't.

1245624987_readthistoo.jpg.c7508c6ed1b8d7fd18351de60a73096b.jpg

Read the last sentence "... announced until 30 April 2020 or further updates)"

There's no mention or even a suggestion of the temporary extension measures definitely stopping on 30 April.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

So in other words. Totally useless for most of us.

I will still have to go there next week for my Marriage Extension stamp.

I guess I’m not reading this the same way you are. My first 90 days on a non imm O marriage expires next week, the stamp in my passport says I gotta go by April 15. I had planned on going to IO on Monday to apply for 60 day extension otherwise I’d have been on overstay. The way I’m reading this “The person whose visa expired from 26th of March 2020 will be automatically extended” My visa expires April 15 so now I will wait until April 30 approaches before I make the trip to IO. If by that time there is another decree then great, if not I’ll do then what had planned on doing next week. It’s only 15 days but life now has come down to day by day. Hopefully this whole virus epidemic will become more clear by that time. If I am not reading this decree correctly, please let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NamH2O said:

So this means the New Immigration office at Pattaya 7 School will now not be required,as it was going to be for those who need an extension of stay due to Covd-19.

Funny the office in Soi 5 Pattaya were still issuing fines for overstay yesterday.My wife was one of many having to pay for overstay.

If fined for overstay, maybe something lapsed earlier that fell outwith all the Covid-19 related caveats? One can extend a current entry/extension but if it expired before one presented oneself to Immigration, a fine would be expected, no?

Key wording in the announcement of automatic visa extensions will be issued for ALL visa types "... which have not expired prior to 26 March 2020"

Maybe she went too early? There was a post by someone waiting to get his second 30-day extension at Jomtien late afternoon being handed back his passport and paperwork and being told it was no longer required, it was now 'automatic'.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But what excuse would you use for not doing your annual extension on time is the question. 

I would not bet on the overstay being waved for them. It only appears for a short term extensions for tourists and etc.

Went and saw a Visa agent Tuesday. She said the same thing

57 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Even if the extension ends after March 26th? I see the unclear word 'Visa' is utilized and I inerpret it to mean Permission of Stay, and there is no clarification wrt what that Permission is based on, a Tourist Waiver, a Tourist Visa, a Non-Imm-O Entry, or any prior Extension?

Usually best to wait for clarification on these announcements, the devil in the details, the details not supplied!

Did you miss these details in the OP? The bit after "...for ALL visa types including..."

1863464251_readthis.png.0767fa1c3289aea763fc47ce546f6957.png

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I doubt, for example, Visa Exempts would be excluded. I am more inclined to expect it applies to those specifically on POS originating from Tourist Exempts, Tourist Visas and Extensions (regular and Covid Emergency) thereof. 

I actually hope it encompasses all and makes Immigration visits unnecessary.

Jeezuz jacko, ALL means ALL.

All visas and all extensions of all types of entry that had not expired before 26 March.

No walk-in 90-day reports are required either. Up to the individual if they want to do online or mail in reporting.

What more do you want?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, toxictotoro said:

I would really appreciate a reply from one the experts (Hello, Sir Ubonjoe^^) here on this.

My situation:

EU (German) passport.

I reside in South Korea, haven't been to Germany since I was a kid.

My (German) father lives in Patong, Phuket on a retirement visa.

I usually visit him for a few weeks every 3 months or so, coming in on a 30-day exemption stamp.

I arrived in Phuket on 27 Feb and received a stamp valid till 27 March.

After the situation in Korea got worse and worse, and several flights I booked got cancelled, I went to Phuket Town immi on 23 March and received an extension until 26 April. I do not know if this extension was a "Covid" extension or just a normally processed one. They did not ask me for a letter from the German embassy/consulate, which suited me just fine because the German embassy/consulate as well as most EU member states have decided not to issue them. Attached are pics of my 30 day exemption and extension.

I am in Patong, which is strictly locked down. So I am unable to leave to even go to the airport, which will shut down anyway on 10 April (tomorrow) till 30 April. I had a flight to DMK booked today and an onwards flight back to Korea tomorrow so that plan has now faltered.

My next confirmed booking is 1 May HKT-DMK, then a flight to Korea on 3 May.

My questions:

1. As I am "legal" for now until Apr 26th thanks to the extension, will I be covered under this "amnesty" until the 30th, and - still be included if the govt decides to extend the amnesty into May?

2.  If the amnesty ends on 26 Apr and I try to get on a plane on 1 May/3 May, will I be fined and/or get one of those dreaded "overstayed" stamps? I absolutely do not care about the money but since visit my dad here quite often and also own a condo, I do not want to risk any situation that might look bad on my record, Covid or not.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I think it's better to be specific in order to get a knowledgeable/quality relpy~^^

Thanks guys,

Worried in Patong

KakaoTalk_20200409_083741353_02.jpg

KakaoTalk_20200409_083741353_01.jpg

You wasted 1 extension already as with 27mar stamp you are covered by the '26mar' or after amnesty ????

If lockdown is extended another month till end may then yes you will still be covered too as will everyone with permit to stay after 26mar ????

If amnesty not extended so you will have to pay your overstay till your flight unless you manually do another 'covid' extension with or without any embassy letter. BTW Denmark happily & quickly issues 'covid letters' as of yesterday ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJKT2014 said:
1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

What do you have to lose by doing it by mail or online?  Just don't go in person.

I have to lose it getting rejected for reasons that I applied at wrong time then going in person to sort the crp out?

Then maybe DON'T do it online? It clearly states that all 90-day reporting is waived.

crp sorted, Next?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmjam said:

Hundreds of people still showed up at immigration this morning 5.30am. Alot of people dont know about this amnesty. Id give it a few days.

You can easily spot the people that don't get the Royal Gazette, eh?

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But what excuse would you use for not doing your annual extension on time is the question. 

I would not bet on the overstay being waved for them. It only appears for a short term extensions for tourists and etc.

That's the way I read it too. This 'amnesty' is to solely stop the thousands of 'stranded tourists' lining up at IO's nationwide. Now they can rest easy (easier?) and those that do need to renew annual extensions or have other Immigration-related stuff such as residence letters can do it a a less crowded and safer office.

My take on this from the perspective of a long term expat on 12 month extensions.

The announcement of extensions to 30 April is basically to assist short term visitors who cant currently depart. (my thoughts that they should have left before everything shut down, or shouldn't have been travelling at all at this time are irrelevant now).

It would also keep the border hoppers, who are unable to travel to renew their stay, legal for the time being.

The advantage for my category is minimal. If an extension is due this month I guess it can be delayed until the 30th, which is when all the tourists will be looking for their next extension.

I now don't have to go to Immigration for my 90 day report due on 22/4  (on-line doesn't work for me), but still have to process my next extension due early may.

As an O-A, I (probably) have to change from retirement to marriage. However, it's difficult to change my marital status with the Amphurs closed for the month, even if I could  travel to them. A quandary for me on how to proceed.

A further amnesty for the month of May would benefit me.

• Like 2

Apologies if this is a dumb question but does this amnesty also apply to 30 day visa exempt stamps? I was due to go next week to extend for another 30 days but I'm guessing I don't have to now, correct?

Like I said this might be a dumb question but I just want to be 100% sure that I understand the situation.

2 minutes ago, r72a said:

Apologies if this is a dumb question but does this amnesty also apply to 30 day visa exempt stamps? I was due to go next week to extend for another 30 days but I'm guessing I don't have to now, correct?

Correct. You're good. Stay safe.

Edited by toxictotoro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

I thought it said ALL visa types including P30, PP14 (whatever that means)

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

It may surprise you that most of the people that this 'immigration amnesty' is designed to help are neither married nor long-term domiciled in Thailand.

If you wish to remain in Thailand legally on your Marriage Extension then yes, you do need to attend the less crowded and safer Immigration Office in person next week (or use an agent).

17 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You can easily spot the people that don't get the Royal Gazette, eh?

Or thai visa , or facebook or twitter.

Obviously these people dont use internet.

Which is strange in this day and age.

????

2 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Or thai visa , or facebook or twitter.

Obviously these people dont use internet.

Which is strange in this day and age.

????

I think they do have internet but chose to fritter away precious time in their parochial wee bubbles on social media.

• Like 1