Immigration Announces "latest visa relief measures on 7 April 2020"

Aliens who are due for 90 days reports between 26th of March 2020 and 30th of April 2020 are temporarily exempted from reporting in this period until further notice.

My due date is 18 April.

Does this new directive mean I can just skip this 90 day report and wait until the next one (which would be due in July) or does it simply mean my current report date has been deferred until 1 May?

• Like 1

Tried doing my 90 day reporting on-line today, complete waste of time since I could not get beyond the 1st page. I do not trust mail in reporting as I have no feedback they are processing my application. Unless members strongly advise otherwise, I will visit Lak Si in the next few days. A concern I have is that when 90 day reporting resumes on 30th April, there will be two months backlog of 90-day reporters stretching out the door all the way to Chatuchak, each separated by 1.5 meters.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OzMan said:

Tried doing my 90 day reporting on-line today, complete waste of time since I could not get beyond the 1st page. I do not trust mail in reporting as I have no feedback they are processing my application. Unless members strongly advise otherwise, I will visit Lak Si in the next few days. A concern I have is that when 90 day reporting resumes on 30th April, there will be two months backlog of 90-day reporters stretching out the door all the way to Chatuchak, each separated by 1.5 meters.

As stated in the order the 30 of April date will be extended until the emergency is over. Watch the news for the next extension of the emergency decree. No need to do a 90 day report until it is over.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, OzMan said:

Tried doing my 90 day reporting on-line today, complete waste of time since I could not get beyond the 1st page.

Was there any indication from online process what you should do? Or are you just left to read the news every day until we know 90 reports are needed again?

For me it was a lot easier making a note in my calendar every 90 days to do it online.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They are also covered by the order since the visa allows a 90 day permit to stay under section 35 of the immigration act.

Thanks Joe, I just want to be clear as still a bit confused on this matter. My my 90 day Non O permit to stay expires on April 26, what does it mean? Do I get an automatic 30 day extension?

• Like 2

I last entered the country Feb. 3 so my 90-day reporting deadline is May 2. Which is after April 30. So what happens in this case?

Per the letter of the notice my due date of May 2 doesn't change, right? Thanks for knowledgeable answers (UJ?).

2 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Just like I predicted the 90 day report is totally confusing?? It doesn't clarify if it means going in person, doing by mail or online or all three methods? What is it? Should I do my 90 day next week as normal online or by post?

Or do I now have to wait to another announcement from 30_Apr onwards before doing a 90 day report online?

Seems clear, if your 90 day is due between now and 30/04..you don't need to do it...updates at or around 30/04 will either extend that date or say when you should..if can do on line so it but I don't see any confusion in the announcement

11 minutes ago, Why Me said:

I last entered the country Feb. 3 so my 90-day reporting deadline is May 2. Which is after April 30. So what happens in this case?

You probably will not need to do the report since they will certainly extend it beyond April 30th.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Was there any indication from online process what you should do? Or are you just left to read the news every day until we know 90 reports are needed again?

For me it was a lot easier making a note in my calendar every 90 days to do it online.

So make a note 30/04 to see what the current situation is on that day

I Entered Thailand on February 17, 2020 and recieved a visa exempt stamp. I extended this visa on March 17 for 30 days. I already went to immigration on March 30 with the embassy letter and was given stamp saying "application of stay is under consideration" come back in 20 days. Does the automatic extension apply to me?..so instead of going back, I just follow the new amnesty guidlines?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fishtank said:

Most "Tourists" Will know nothing about these measures as they dont sit glued to ThaiVisa all day.

If they're concerned about their visa status they're likely checking whatever sources they can, including the Thai Immigration website and Bangkok Post.  This news was covered by Post and other news outlets.

4 hours ago, fishtank said:

So in other words. Totally useless for most of us.

I will still have to go there next week for my Marriage Extension stamp.

Because it doesn't solve all your problems doesn't mean it's useless to everyone.  It will be very useful to many tourists now stuck in the country and to many of us who won't need to bother with 90 day reports for a while.

• Like 1

Let's just say everything goes well. Wouldn't this mean a HUGE influx into immigration offices on the day the auto extension expires? It seems like auto extending one month from exit by date would have been much better. 

Edited by utalkin2me
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kingjamo808 said:

I Entered Thailand on February 17, 2020 and recieved a visa exempt stamp. I extended this visa on March 17 for 30 days. I already went to immigration on March 30 with the embassy letter and was given stamp saying "application of stay is under consideration" come back in 20 days. Does the automatic extension apply to me?..so instead of going back, I just follow the new amnesty guidlines?

I'm in a similar situation as yourself, and I've been told by some forum members that it isn't necessary to show up. I may try to call the immigration office to make sure if I can even get through to them.

According to Reuters:

"Thailand approved a plan on Wednesday to allow all foreigners who entered legally to receive automatic visa extensions"

That's "all foreigners", including those on extensions of stay.  Or is Reuters wrong?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-cases/thailand-extends-foreigners-visas-to-prevent-queues-and-curb-coronavirus-idUSKBN21Q0GD

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

That's the way I read it too. This 'amnesty' is to solely stop the thousands of 'stranded tourists' lining up at IO's nationwide. Now they can rest easy (easier?) and those that do need to renew annual extensions or have other Immigration-related stuff such as residence letters can do it a a less crowded and safer office.

Yes but nobody needs to go now for extending permit to stay (TM7) of any kinds unless they insist. so end of the month till 30apr seem perfect quiet time to do that ????
They may even be politely turned away...

2 hours ago, time2093 said:

What about people that are on Non O visa based on marriage, do we still have to go into immigration to extend for 60 days at a cost of 1,900 bht?

do you feel special or are you an ordinary alien like everyone else?

go and buy beers for 1900B & stop bothering immigration & disturb the social distancing lockdown orders ok?

1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

Let's just say everything goes well. Wouldn't this mean a HUGE influx into immigration offices on the day the auto extension expires? It seems like auto extending one month from exit by date would have been much better. 

No, I don't think so.  The automatic extensions presumably won't end until the situation is considered to be back to normal, at which point everyone on a normal tourist visa will need to leave.  There shouldn't be any further option to extend (except maybe in some extreme cases), so there would be no reason to return to the immigration office.

• Thanks 1

Flame post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

51 minutes ago, worldfun said:

Yes but nobody needs to go now for extending permit to stay (TM7) of any kinds unless they insist. so end of the month till 30apr seem perfect quiet time to do that ????
They may even be politely turned away...

1. I don't think those who are due to do their extensions of stay [TM7] are included in this exemption. They will still be required to be done by due date.

2. "so end of the month till 30apr seem perfect quiet time to do that " is a bit confusing.

2 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Those who are smart will go a few days before the expiry of the automatic extension to avoid the crush you correctly anticipate.

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Those who are smart will go a few days before the expiry of the automatic extension to avoid the crush you correctly anticipate.

That could be months away from now. I think many people will of been able to leave the country by then.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Did you miss these details in the OP? The bit after "...for ALL visa types including..

I was initially misled by the use of the word 'Visa'.... not the first time.