Immigration Announces "latest visa relief measures on 7 April 2020"

2 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Let's just say everything goes well. Wouldn't this mean a HUGE influx into immigration offices on the day the auto extension expires? It seems like auto extending one month from exit by date would have been much better. 

Not if the expiration and/or rollover is announced in the media as this has been. If anyone thinks this automatic extension means they need to go their Immigration Office on the 30th of April, they need to sit down, relax and read the instruction (again).

Extending 1 month from each and every expiration date on each and every stranded tourist's passport would be harder to administer than the blanket 'one-date-fits-all' like they've chosen to do. Everyone has to remember just one date. And when the time comes when the world has gotten better and for the temporary extensions to be rolled up, they can all leave before the same 'must exit by' date that will be the last temporary extension.

2 hours ago, worldfun said:

Yes but nobody needs to go now for extending permit to stay (TM7) of any kinds unless they insist. so end of the month till 30apr seem perfect quiet time to do that ????
They may even be politely turned away...

Well, all I can say is that, if I were a retiree with an original non-OA visa, my next annual retirement extension due in less than a fortnight and, mindful of the requirement for mandatory health insurance introduced last November, with a new TGIA-approved policy which was specifically due to expire on the same date as my next planned retirement extension, I would feel well and truly miffed if my efforts at exact synchronisation of mandatory health insurance and extension of stay periods were royally screwed as inevitably they would be if I were told to go away until 30 April – politely or otherwise!????

5 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Well, all I can say is that, if I were a retiree with an original non-OA visa, my next annual retirement extension due in less than a fortnight and, mindful of the requirement for mandatory health insurance introduced last November, with a new TGIA-approved policy which was specifically due to expire on the same date as my next planned retirement extension, I would feel well and truly miffed if my efforts at exact synchronisation of mandatory health insurance and extension of stay periods were royally screwed as inevitably they would be if I were told to go away until 30 April – politely or otherwise!????

Marriage and Retirement Extension renewals will need to be applied for on their due date as usual. The place won't be cluttered up by tourists either.

Just got back from Jomtien Immigration,we picked up wife's passport (Lao citizen),paid 2 days overstay yesterday and 1900 baht for what we thought would be 30 days.

She got a under consideration stamp valid until the 26 April (a sunday) so only 19days.

She has to report back again for what?? another 30 day free extension. Confused to say the least.I thought the latest amnesty was at least until April 30th ??20200409_144259.thumb.jpg.314d763b0126699ea54760d26b70d58a.jpg

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Marriage and Retirement Extension renewals will need to be applied for on their due date as usual. The place won't be cluttered up by tourists either.

Agreed - just a case of a few TV posters peddling FAKE NEWS, I think!

3 minutes ago, NamH2O said:

She has to report back again for what?? another 30 day free extension. Confused to say the least.I thought the latest amnesty was at least until April 30th ??

She can stay now until the border to Laos opens.

The stamp was done yesterday before the ministerial order went into effect is why it is stamped until the 26th.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

She can stay now until the border to Laos opens.

The stamp was done yesterday before the ministerial order went into effect is why it is stamped until the 26th.

Ok Joe thanks,maybe if we are still here on the 24th April,and I think we will be,we can go round to immigration,the IO at Jomtien definitely said you have to come back.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

...I am more inclined to expect it applies to those specifically on POS originating from Tourist Exempts...

POS is commonly used to mean "point of sale". Please do not use it for"permission to stay"

And please don't start using PTS now. ThaiVisa has no limit for the length of your posts and with the exception of commonly known acronyms and abbreviations, you should not use them on this forum without the addition of the full expression with the first occurrence in the post.

Hi Ubon Joe. Alot of people rely and trust your advice. I have seen alot of conflicting advice. Pattaya Mail talk of tourists. People mention marriage extensions but there are 2 kinds -multi entry and long stay. Obviously there is still confusion as there are 9 pages of this thread. Could you post your interpretation of the ruling going by visa types? Visa exempt, setv, metv, multi entry based on marriage, 90 day reports. It might help clear up things for everyone. 

to perhaps help clarify and confirm what "ALL visa types" actually means, can someone please explain what P.30, PP.14, PP.30 and PP.90 actually are and do any of them relate to 12 month retirement extensions based originally on a NON-IMM O visa

Edited by bkkguy1970

2 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Could you post your interpretation of the ruling going by visa types?

I think have a few times already in this topic.

Any short stay visa entry is under the ministerial order.

Ninety day reports will not need to be done until the emergency is over.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bkkguy1970 said:

to perhaps help clarify and confirm what "ALL visa types" actually means, can someone please explain what P.30, PP.14, PP.30 and PP.90 actually are and do any of them relate to 12 month retirement extensions based originally on a NON-IMM O visa

It is this in the ministerial order.

"Article 2 Aliens permitted for a temporary stay (including Visa on Arrival), aliens permitted for a temporary stay under visa exemption (Phor. 30/PhorPhor. 14/PhorPhor 30/PhorPhor. 90) which the permitted duration of stay is ended from 26 March 2020 onwards.

1. The duration of stay in the Kingdom pursuant to Section 35 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (including Petroleum Act B.E. 2514 and the amendments, Investment Promotion Act B.E. 2520 and the amendments and the Industrial Estate of Thailand Act B.E. 2522 and the amendments thereto) or under the relevant notifications of the Ministry of Interior are extended from 26 March 2020 to 30 April 2020."

PhorPhor is Thai for a permit to stay.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimmjam said:

I believe this is going to be a rolling extension, there is no way this will be sorted by the 30th of april.

Im hoping they keep extending it past June.

My permission to stay ends on June 2nd.

Hopefully some borders will open up so i can go get my non-o.

but will you be allowed to come back, or will it be with that 100K us$ insurance + covid lab test + 14 days quarantine in some naval base ?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is this in the ministerial order.

"Article 2 Aliens permitted for a temporary stay (including Visa on Arrival), aliens permitted for a temporary stay under visa exemption (Phor. 30/PhorPhor. 14/PhorPhor 30/PhorPhor. 90) which the permitted duration of stay is ended from 26 March 2020 onwards.

1. The duration of stay in the Kingdom pursuant to Section 35 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (including Petroleum Act B.E. 2514 and the amendments, Investment Promotion Act B.E. 2520 and the amendments and the Industrial Estate of Thailand Act B.E. 2522 and the amendments thereto) or under the relevant notifications of the Ministry of Interior are extended from 26 March 2020 to 30 April 2020."

PhorPhor is Thai for a permit to stay.

I am on my 60 day extension for visiting child (as IO did not want to give me my extension based of being parent of thai child) .... that ends mid may ... if this thing is extended for 30th of may, I do not need to go to immigration with embassy letter or other papers ?

what is phorphor anyways and what farang could know what it is ?

UbonJoe I am on a ED Visa which expires on 4 May - this is the end of my ED Visa and I should be leaving the country then

Assuming that this new regulation is extended do I need to go to Immi on the 4th May to get a extra 30 days or is it automatic?

5 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Assuming that this new regulation is extended do I need to go to Immi on the 4th May to get a extra 30 days or is it automatic?

I assume you are on a 90 day extension based upon attending school.

I think you will need to apply for a special 30 day extension at immigration and show a letter from your embassy. Things are not clear yet about those extensions being extended under the order.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you are on a 90 day extension based upon attending school.

I think you will need to apply for a special 30 day extension at immigration and show a letter from your embassy. Things are not clear yet about those extensions being extended under the order.

Yes 90 day extension thanks

I've noticed 2 guys in exactly same situation as me regarding 'under consideration'. It's technically not visa, so I'm a little scared. Here's my question just as two people before me had, but I didn't find any confirmation until now:

Could anyone please clarify one thing? I don't want to start a new thread regarding this. My visa expired on April 1st, but I had a CoViD-19 emergency extension using the embassy letter. I am, as other people, 'under consideration' and have to appear at immigration on April 14. Does that imply that I don't have to go immigration on April 14 and my 'under consideration' will also be 'extended' till April 30? Thank you if anyone's aware of that. It seems like it's missing some vital points for those people who actually extended past the 26th of March.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kerouacaurus said:

I've noticed 2 guys in exactly same situation as me regarding 'under consideration'. It's technically not visa, so I'm a little scared. Here's my question just as two people before me had, but I didn't find any confirmation until now:

Could anyone please clarify one thing? I don't want to start a new thread regarding this. My visa expired on April 1st, but I had a CoViD-19 emergency extension using the embassy letter. I am, as other people, 'under consideration' and have to appear at immigration on April 14. Does that imply that I don't have to go immigration on April 14 and my 'under consideration' will also be 'extended' till April 30? Thank you if anyone's aware of that. It seems like it's missing some vital points for those people who actually extended past the 26th of March.

You have an extension as you outlined. You now need do nothing prior to end of April. Thinking before end of April there will be another update. One guess would be extensions roll into end of May. 

15 minutes ago, Kerouacaurus said:

Could anyone please clarify one thing? I don't want to start a new thread regarding this. My visa expired on April 1st, but I had a CoViD-19 emergency extension using the embassy letter. I am, as other people, 'under consideration' and have to appear at immigration on April 14. Does that imply that I don't have to go immigration on April 14 and my 'under consideration' will also be 'extended' till April 30?

Based on the report of someone who had already extended once, went to submit their first CV19 extension, and was turned away as 'no need', I believe the answer is yes. Their visa exempt had expired, they were on their first extension, and the interpretation from immigration was that the extension end date, constituted the end date of the visa. Additionally since your normal visa expired after 26-Mar, it would be very unusual if you had to present at immigration again (since if you never bothered to get the CV19 extension you wouldn't need to).

Edited by jacob29
  • Thanks 1

I arrived Jan 28th on a one month visa issued at BKK airport. I extended at immigration for another month on 28th feb. Visa ran out on 28TH MARCH. and I have the extension with the help of the embassy letter until 23rd April. So.. Does that mean I qualify and don't have to go back to the visa office, since my official visa didn't expire until March 28th?

Edited by theVenerable

1 minute ago, theVenerable said:

I arrived end of Jaunuary, have already had one extension letter from the Embassy. The my Visa runs out end of April. And the Embassy have stopped issuing support letter for now. 
So..
How do I get another extension? As always, this is as clear as mud

I think it is simple what the options are:
1. You are automatically extended to 30-April
2. If the Emergency Decree is still in place, you will be automatically extended to 30-May

3. Whenever the Emergency Decree is lifted(could be a month or many months...we don't know), then you will need to either exit the country or apply for a new permission to extend your stay

4. If you are unable to be granted a new permission (either your embassy can't give you letter, or immigration just refuses to extend you any longer), then you must leave Thailand or face overstay penalties and possible deportation

• Like 2

Guess it can only be much longer than that before actually having to leave on this extension. What would suck is if countries like Vietnam etc will still be closed to us when Thailand already re-opens, as we then have limited embassies and massive massive crowds for sure. Assume they would give us 7 days to all leave, higher flight ticks too. 

Lucky to still have a Mae Sai run left after all this and try to escape the masses before getting a new Non-o...
I put my money on that this extension last at least til May 30th.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

3 minutes ago, Rhubarb said:

I have a single entry non o dependant visa ,I am supposed to go today for my 2 month extension at immigration ,do I need to go ?

No you do not.

Save the 60 day extension until the emergency is over.