Retirement visa extension Chaeng Wattana 2 months or 3

I am coming up for my Retirement Visa renewal/extension at Chaeng Wattana but am a bit short of the 800,000 baht at the moment. Can anybody confirm that 2 months seasoning before the application date is required and not 3 months.

I have tried to find the answer myself but many sites are still saying 3 months.

Starting to panic, please help.

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

if this is not the first retirement extension, you must have retained a balance of 400,000 baht throughout the prior year.

Great, been researching this for two years and this is the first time I have ever heard this.  Any source for this?  Thanks.

20 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

Great, been researching this for two years and this is the first time I have ever heard this.  Any source for this?  Thanks.

The order went into effect on March 1st of last year.

Police Order 35/2562 Changing 327/2557 Clause 2.22  Changing requirements for an extension based upon retirement.

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

For an extension of stay based on retirement, you need to have 800,000 baht in the account for two months before the extension and three months after. In addition, if this is not the first retirement extension, you must have retained a balance of 400,000 baht throughout the prior year.

Guys thats interesting , I thought 2 months before also . This is what happened to me , I purchase a condo a few years ago now and I needed to go into my account containing the 800000 bath for my visa I took out 200000 baht . I put back the 200000 baht 2.5 month before going to renew my Visa I also took the documentation regarding the purchase of the condo indicating  that I own it not the bank.  I was told in a friendly professional way by the lady serving me that the monies had to be in the bank for 3 months before . It confusing and a little frustrating  sometimes dealing with immigration, having said that , in the six years I been dealing with them I aways found the people behind the counter/ desk friendly and professional. Hope that all will go smoothly for you mate .

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The order went into effect on March 1st of last year.

Police Order 35/2562 Changing 327/2557 Clause 2.22 217.77 kB · 571 downloads   Changing requirements for an extension based upon retirement.

I got my first retirement extension in May they never said a word about it.  It was the income method with Embassy letter which moving forward is impossible. So now to be clear, they won't accept my 12 months of Transferwise transfers 80K monthly from overseas because they first go to KTB then on to my bank BKK where the do not appear as international transfers, so I sent 800,000 2 months ago to season and that would have be locked up for 5 months but it doesn't even matter now because I didn't also lock up another 400k for the past year?  Do I have it right now?  

Edited by ThaiWai

I found this in an article on Thai Visa from January 31, 2019 

(1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (Non-Im)

(2) Must be 50 years of age or over

(3)  Must have evidence of having income of no less than THB 65,000 or;

(4) At least 2 months prior to filing date, and at least 3 months after being granted permission, the alien must have fund deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than THB 800,000. The alien can withdraw the fund 3 months after being granted permission and the remaining balance must be no less than THB 400,00 or;

(5) Must have and annual earning and fund deposited with a commercial bank in Thailand totalling of no less than THB 800,000 until the filing date. The said fund must remain in the account prior to and after the permission is granted and the alien can make a withdrawal under the same conditions as stated in (4).

Ubon Joe are you now saying the "or" in item 3 no longer applies and has not since March 2019??  Was there a follow up article or announcement??  

7 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

I got my first retirement extension in May they never said a word about it.  It was the income method with Embassy letter which moving forward is impossible. So now to be clear, they won't accept my 12 months of Transferwise transfers 80K monthly from overseas because they first go to KTB then on to my bank BKK where the do not appear as international transfers, so I sent 800,000 2 months ago to season and that would have be locked up for 5 months but it doesn't even matter now because I didn't also lock up another 400k for the past year?  Do I have it right now?  

No need to have 400k baht in the bank for the past year since you were using the 65k baht income option. It is only required for the 800k baht in the bank option.