Chiang Mai is saved: First big storm on its way.

BOOKEMDANO

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

Those other than TMD who forecast rain every week for the coming month. They wil of course soon be correct when nah fon is upon us.

TMD has the most accurate long to medium term forecast that is available, who do you consider more accurate?

Short term forecasting for storms is impossible! "Windy" is the most accurate for shorter term forecasting as they use the best "modelling"

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CGW said:

TMD has the most accurate long to medium term forecast that is available, who do you consider more accurate?

Short term forecasting for storms is impossible! "Windy" is the most accurate for shorter term forecasting as they use the best "modelling"

Just taking the last week TMD had it wrong everyday,Accuweather for one had it right.

TMD forecast 20 percent precipitation for today and tomorrow, Accuweather for one do not.

I hope TMD are correct, but not holding my breath.

36 minutes ago, Thailand said:

TMD forecast 20 percent precipitation for today and tomorrow, Accuweather for one do not.

I follow the weather daily, have done for over forty years, used to report the weather daily when I was working etc, etc..

Forecasting is all about data in - data out - the bigger the computer and the more data you have the more accurate the end result.

TMD today is reporting that there is an 80% chance that there will be no rain, odds are on that the rain that does fall will be in some area that it makes no difference!

Once the monsoons start to run prediction becomes easier, now its just modelling as to where storms may or may not start.

CM airport is "predicting" "Temporarily from Wednesday 15:00 till 19:00: Wind 280° 15kt, gusting 30kt. Visibility 4000m. Thunderstorm rain. Clouds few 2000ft cumulonimbus, broken 3000ft."

Subject to change! ???? 

Good luck with the rain, odds are against it though...

There's this long rubber thing attached to a spigot. If you turn on the spigot, water will come out the other end. Stick that end (the one with the water coming out) on the soil of the plants and palms and trees. Let it run for a while. 

Hope that helps. 

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2020 at 7:50 PM, Captain 776 said:

I will be happy just to see rain........if it clears this disgusting air.   Thats a BONUS

even heavy downpours only reduce pm2.5 by 5-10%. not gonna matter when your pm2.5 level is 10 times acceptable. 

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

When did it last rain here in Chiang Mai?  Was is October last year?

I am sick of my garden plants dying and even the palms and trees are suffering now.  Really want some rain!!!

There was one or two days of rain in December for the whole month. After that, there isn't a single drop of water.

• Like 1

Heavy downpour here. Wind was strong and my poor garden is finally saved.

I saw the weather forecast and the rest of the week is dry.

is this a one day rain for the whole month? I hope not?

Edited by EricTh

9 hours ago, ProbPossConf said:

NIce downpour here in Sansai.

Lots of lightning, and what looked like a big fire in the direction of MaeJo new post office.

Looked like something big burning down in the pouring rain, whole sky lit up orange for a couple of hours..

Edited by BritManToo

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Lots of lightning, and what looked like a big fire in the direction of MaeJo new post office.

Looked like something big burning down in the pouring rain, whole sky lit up orange for a couple of hours..

Are you staying in Maejo?