China is the Winner - That is a Real Reason to Worry

Pilotman

8 minutes ago, noone223 said:

couldn't have described you or your sense of logic better than that, thank you for admitting to this.

but don't be too harsh on yourself, there's hope for you too. maybe you should go to China or North Korea to find it.

When did I admit anything? You chose to take out a piece of my post and change the original meaning. That clearly shows your logic. You have to resort to fakes and lies to get somewhere in the discussion.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

they block facebook and youtube because they can't control it.  yet.

they have an army of minders that spend their days scrubbing social media posts to remove negative comments, accusations of corruption, and the dangerous xi-poohbear memes.

wechat and other chinese social media give the state complete access to user identification.  but don't think the us government doesn't monitor your facebook, or that western social media doesn't filter or censor as well.

with the availability of vpn's, china cannot completely block western social media or information sources.  what they can do is make it inconvenient and as frustrating as possible.  the object is to steer their citizens to government approved content.  that gets results, as eventually a huge percentage of the population simply get worn down and do what's easiest.

one of the most annoying things about being in china is dealing with the internet.  when wuhan was at peak virus, china essentially shut down the internet for about a week.  by that i mean no vpn's were working, so those of us stuck here behind the bamboo curtain were limited to chinese websites.  they also throttled the speed and capacity so western sites that were still accessible would time out and never load.

part of it was to control the flow of genuine information, but also to shut down the flood of disinformation flooding the internet.  western and other propaganda machines went into overdrive during peak wuhan and during the hong kong riots.  there is an incredible amount of false information being passed around.

Yep, and China is the only one spreading false information to it´s citizens? Thanks for the laugh. Now back to my coffee.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Did you ask them ???

Nah, I made small tests like you people condemn Thailand for doing with the virus and based my opinion. Guess you will complain about my statistics too.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yep, and China is the only one spreading false information to it´s citizens? Thanks for the laugh. Now back to my coffee.

gotta read to the end of the post, thanks.

9 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

part of it was to control the flow of genuine information, but also to shut down the flood of disinformation flooding the internet.  western and other propaganda machines went into overdrive during peak wuhan and during the hong kong riots.  there is an incredible amount of false information being passed around.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

gotta read to the end of the post, thanks.

Ok, you love the western world. I like it around here, and believe people staying in this part of the world will benefit more of a closer relationship with China.

Let´s leave it with that.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Simple solution. Rest of world puts high import duty on Chinese goods and compulsory quarantine.

The simplest ideas always are the best:

No more smartphones, no more computers and, yes, no more face masks. Boycott China ????

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, you love the western world. I like it around here, and believe people staying in this part of the world will benefit more of a closer relationship with China.

Let´s leave it with that.

you don't seem to understand.   i'm in china right now, drinking some yummy xinglong coffee grown right here in hainan.  i've been living in china for most of the past 15 years (along with three in thailand with retirement extension).

many of the other posters on this thread think i'm a "ccp shill" because i question the western narrative.

if i've offended both you and them, i must be doing something right!

interesting tidbit:  currently "fair and balanced" foxnews is accessible in china (in hainan at least) while "communist" RT.com is blocked.

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Nah, I am both tall, intelligent and very rich but that´s beside the point. So, you are saying that we have free press. Ok, but how much of it can you really believe? What is fake and what is lies? Is that what you call free press?

That's three. ????

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

you don't seem to understand.   i'm in china right now.  i've been living in china for most of the past 15 years (along with three in thailand with retirement extension).

many of the other posters on this thread think i'm a "ccp shill" because i question the western narrative.

if i've offended both you and them, i must be doing something right!

You have not offended anyone according to me. A discussion can not offend people.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Nah, I am both tall, intelligent and very rich but that´s beside the point. So, you are saying that we have free press. Ok, but how much of it can you really believe? What is fake and what is lies? Is that what you call free press?

That's three. ????

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The issue isn't with the Chinese people, it's with the Communist Party of China.

Certainly does help back up every thought and feeling I have had in great detail. They certainly recovered quick enough and falsely are rushing to everyone's aid like a Red colored white night in shining (shunning) armor. Not the people but their horrendous overlords.

Thanks for posting. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Certainly does help back up every thought and feeling I have had in great detail. They certainly recovered quick enough and falsely are rushing to everyone's aid like a Red colored white night in shining (shunning) armor. Not the people but their horrendous overlords.

Thanks for posting. 

okay, it backs up your thoughts and feelings

but is that one-hour docudrama legitimate?  where did it come from?  who is "epoch times?"  are they unbiased, are they "fair and balanced?"  or do they have an agenda?  did they cherry-pick data points?  did they take quotes out of context?  are they ignoring evidence that goes against their narrative?  could they be repeating already debunked misinformation?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

who is "epoch times?" 

https://www.theepochtimes.com/about-us

The Epoch Times was founded in the United States in the year 2000 in response to communist repression and censorship in China. Our founders, Chinese-Americans who themselves had fled communism, sought to create an independent media to bring the world uncensored and truthful information.

Here's an acid test: open all borders and see which way people would migrate. I'm fairly sure people wouldn't be flocking into commie countries.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/about-us

Here's an acid test: open all borders and see which way people would migrate. I'm fairly sure people wouldn't be flocking into commie countries.

that link doesn't answer the questions we should be asking about the linked video.  the response is deflection.

your link is the equivalent to linking to the communist party website "about us" page to prove how benevolent the commies truly are.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

that link doesn't answer the questions we should be asking about the linked video.  the response is deflection.

your link is the equivalent to linking to the communist party website "about us" page to prove how benevolent the commies truly are.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/technology/epoch-times-youtube.html

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/story/2019-10-13/readers-should-know-the-truth-behind-the-epoch-times-utak

There's a couple reviews of Epoch Times..

• Like 1

Good discussion... I read everyone's post which I definitely do not do very often here. Some really good points made from most posters on this thread. I saw the Falun Gong video last night and thought it was reasonably well presented bearing in mind it came from the US media. Some good evidence surrounding the so called 'Patient 0' not coming from the 'wet market' and also regarding the state-of-the-art Corona Virus research facility in Wuhan no less. However, The Epoch Times is the number 1 fan of Donald Trump both financially and otherwise. The US/UK lawsuits regarding compensation demands from the Chinese government are an interesting development though?

Accident or not the CCP were very clearly withholding vital information, and still are, that could save peoples lives whether in China, Thailand or the rest of the world. Seems undeniable! Tell us where this virus orginated please... NOW!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Edited by artiz

34 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

IMHO you have every right for your confidence based on what happened in Europe during the height of the Cold War, when a fair few Eastern Europeans displayed considerable courage in fleeing to the West and escaping their commie masters at great personal risk to themselves - and over what were, in the main, closed and sealed borders.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

Ha ha... You are being cynical here no ? ????

France, in maybe his last stand of honor, denounced this invasion project, in a famous tribune.

USA hated France for that. 

Every country knew there was no WMD, including USA (i mean the smart people, not the sheeps brainwashed by medias, of course, they believe anything).

But a lot of oil. And a strategic opportunity.

I am not juging actually. Business as usual. War is business, anyway you really look at it. It's THE main business actually. Budgets, weapons sales, etc.

And wait, where did i read USA spend like all the time of it's history at war...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States#20th-century_wars

war is good for population control, nice new uniforms, cool updated weapons to play with,  fast promotion and lots of medals; whats not to like?  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2