BANGKOK
Pilotman

China is the Winner - That is a Real Reason to Worry

10 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No, but an instable guy like Mr Trump is okay holding the rows in the boat?

Didn't I say "the least worst option"?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, noone223 said:

couldn't have described you or your sense of logic better than that, thank you for admitting to this.

but don't be too harsh on yourself, there's hope for you too. maybe you should go to China or North Korea to find it.

When did I admit anything? You chose to take out a piece of my post and change the original meaning. That clearly shows your logic. You have to resort to fakes and lies to get somewhere in the discussion.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

As I say, over half of the worlds population has no problem with the places mentioned.

Did you ask them ???

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

Seriously, that's the reason? 555

Yep, it´s their evil masterplan, to zombiefy the rest of the world.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, CGW said:

Any chance of a helping a poor person through these challenging times? 💔

#meToo

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

they block facebook and youtube because they can't control it.  yet.

they have an army of minders that spend their days scrubbing social media posts to remove negative comments, accusations of corruption, and the dangerous xi-poohbear memes.

wechat and other chinese social media give the state complete access to user identification.  but don't think the us government doesn't monitor your facebook, or that western social media doesn't filter or censor as well.

with the availability of vpn's, china cannot completely block western social media or information sources.  what they can do is make it inconvenient and as frustrating as possible.  the object is to steer their citizens to government approved content.  that gets results, as eventually a huge percentage of the population simply get worn down and do what's easiest.

one of the most annoying things about being in china is dealing with the internet.  when wuhan was at peak virus, china essentially shut down the internet for about a week.  by that i mean no vpn's were working, so those of us stuck here behind the bamboo curtain were limited to chinese websites.  they also throttled the speed and capacity so western sites that were still accessible would time out and never load.

part of it was to control the flow of genuine information, but also to shut down the flood of disinformation flooding the internet.  western and other propaganda machines went into overdrive during peak wuhan and during the hong kong riots.  there is an incredible amount of false information being passed around.

Yep, and China is the only one spreading false information to it´s citizens? Thanks for the laugh. Now back to my coffee.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Did you ask them ???

Nah, I made small tests like you people condemn Thailand for doing with the virus and based my opinion. Guess you will complain about my statistics too.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yep, and China is the only one spreading false information to it´s citizens? Thanks for the laugh. Now back to my coffee.

gotta read to the end of the post, thanks.

9 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

part of it was to control the flow of genuine information, but also to shut down the flood of disinformation flooding the internet.  western and other propaganda machines went into overdrive during peak wuhan and during the hong kong riots.  there is an incredible amount of false information being passed around.

• Like 2

Don't buy anything made in China. A full trade embargo until CCP is no more.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

gotta read to the end of the post, thanks.

Ok, you love the western world. I like it around here, and believe people staying in this part of the world will benefit more of a closer relationship with China.

Let´s leave it with that.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Simple solution. Rest of world puts high import duty on Chinese goods and compulsory quarantine.

The simplest ideas always are the best:

No more smartphones, no more computers and, yes, no more face masks. Boycott China 🙂

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Don't buy anything made in China. A full trade embargo until CCP is no more.

Good luck on your way back to the stone age.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, you love the western world. I like it around here, and believe people staying in this part of the world will benefit more of a closer relationship with China.

Let´s leave it with that.

you don't seem to understand.   i'm in china right now, drinking some yummy xinglong coffee grown right here in hainan.  i've been living in china for most of the past 15 years (along with three in thailand with retirement extension).

many of the other posters on this thread think i'm a "ccp shill" because i question the western narrative.

if i've offended both you and them, i must be doing something right!

interesting tidbit:  currently "fair and balanced" foxnews is accessible in china (in hainan at least) while "communist" RT.com is blocked.

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1