Pattaya: Immigration gets its act together - finally!

webfact

Don't understand why a q at all. If the banks can have a machine that gives a q number and people sit down to wait, why can't immigration? Is that too simple for them to accept?

It's as bad as the UK. There is no way I could have q for 3 hours- legs wouldn't have lasted and need to go to bathroom frequently.

Even in Chiang Mai they give out q numbers and people go to desk when number called and on a sign.

I thought Pattaya was more switched on for farangs than the chaos that was seen.

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That'll be 12 to 18 months when a vaccine becomes available. Reckon they'll be closed that long?

it was a flying pigs statement!

Immigration would remain open for victims even with a nuclear holocaust or a zombie apocalypse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't understand why a q at all. If the banks can have a machine that gives a q number and people sit down to wait, why can't immigration? Is that too simple for them to accept?

You used to get given a queue number at the front desk depending on which desk you needed to go to and then queue numbers are called so not sure what you are referring to?

The issue was purely the huge numbers of people and where they waited.

4 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Thank you immigration officers. Well done.

Don't forget they didn't wannabe in that situation either, but they still continued to do their job !

Respect.   ????

Good post, I'm sure the officers working in those conditions felt just the same as the applicants.

They were just turning up to do a days work in difficult circumstances as laid down by the hierarchy.

I'm sure they wanted something else to happen just as fast.

• Like 1

Now to clean up the riders and passengers on bikes, it is literally impossible to ride 2 (let alone 3,4,5) on a bike with 1.5 - 2 metres separation. And they blame us farangs for not wearing face masks and threaten violence