Pattaya: It's official - city in lockdown from today - ALL to wear masks outside

webfact

"He also amended a previous closure order and allowed some markets to reopen to reduce crowds in markets that had been allowed to open during the government’s shutdown order."

Would be kind nice to know which markets he's referring to. Didn't see much overcrowding in any of the big stores (Makro, Big C, Villa) and all the open air markets were shut long ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VYCM said:

Yes, I'd like to know also.

Many kids playing every afternoon without masks.

Kids shouldn't be playing together at all. They should be locked down inside their house like the rest of us. As kids have no need to go out for shopping or any other reason, they won't need to wear masks.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Your knowledge is out of date, a copy is sufficient and has been discussed on here many times. I've been stopped at police checkpoints about 15 times for checks on tax and MC licence and not once did they ask for a passport

My knowledge are still facts and they are far from out of date. According to The Alien Registration Act BE 2493, a foreigner must carry either a, for the country, a valid ID card or Passport. If not he can be fined 1 000 baht, and also must be able to provide his Passport or ID at a later time.

If this is enforced or not, is irrelevant. The law is the law, and they can chose to enforce it at any given second.

You could produce an MC license, which at present time is considered as a valid document of identification inside Thailand.

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Name places in Jomtien, pratumnak, Naklua, khoa Talo where they can be purchased...I think that's the problem, they are just not easily available and haven't been for 6 weeks...I'm more worried about people...Thais especially that touched my trolley in Makro for no reason and come right close to you at any 7/11....

A small pharmacy on Thappraya Road had plenty, so I imagine many small pharmacies might have them. They had a choice of washable cotton mask and paper masks and said they were getting in surgical masks.

1740873201_7-11pharmacy2.jpg.93f650cbe7ae290c039e7976fbbd85dc.jpg605321122_7-11pharmacy.jpg.62754631498fdae3ab6f4fda4bffcf95.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

My knowledge are still facts and they are far from out of date. According to The Alien Registration Act BE 2493, a foreigner must carry either a, for the country, a valid ID card or Passport. If not he can be fined 1 000 baht, and also must be able to provide his Passport or ID at a later time.

If this is enforced or not, is irrelevant. The law is the law, and they can chose to enforce it at any given second.

You could produce an MC license, which at present time is considered as a valid document of identification inside Thailand.

I couldn't care less what theoretically could happen i.e. police ask for a passport whilst walking down a road, in practice it doesn't happen, i haven't seen 1 single thread saying it happened (try and find one). Avoiding the checkpoints, a copy of passport is fine, i also have a driving licence on me. BTW a falang was mugged in Jomtien a couple weeks ago, keep your passport well hidden just in case

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, doctormann said:

Me too.

Doesn't seem a lot of sense waering a mask at 06:00 when I'm out walking the dog.  Hardly anyone about at that time in my moobaan.

So you're the git whose dog wakes all the other dogs so it sounds as though the hounds from hell have been unleashed, can you do us all a favour and save your walk for a couple of hours later, cheers ???? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I couldn't care less what theoretically could happen i.e. police ask for a passport whilst walking down a road, in practice it doesn't happen, i haven't seen 1 single thread saying it happened (try and find one). Avoiding the checkpoints, a copy of passport is fine, i also have a driving licence on me. BTW a falang was mugged in Jomtien a couple weeks ago, keep your passport well hidden just in case

So, on one side you say that you do not care about what could happen, but on the other side it could happen that you are mugged so out of that reason it´s better to keep it hidden. Must be nice to turn things around as you like to see them.

2 hours ago, kinyara said:

Why feel the need to distinguish between foreigners and Thais, everyone is in this together. It's unfortunate ThaiVisa is pushing the foreigner/Thai distinction with the stories it is highlighting, some issues are more important that clickbait revenue. 

No, No, Thais Farangs same same.

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

So you're the git whose dog wakes all the other dogs so it sounds as though the hounds from hell have been unleashed, can you do us all a favour and save your walk for a couple of hours later, cheers ???? 

Not me I'm afraid.  We disturb no-one.

Anyway, slug-a bed, you are missing the best partof the day!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, on one side you say that you do not care about what could happen, but on the other side it could happen that you are mugged so out of that reason it´s better to keep it hidden. Must be nice to turn things around as you like to see them.

You don't seem to have understood the post. I won't be carrying a passport so no need to worry

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Is it not the best way to spread the virus by being cooped up for long periods of time?The reason the spread of this outbreak has been low so far is because Thais spend so much time outside in the fresh air where as in the colder climes people spend much more time indoors together that they have so much more spread?

Imo some of the reasons why the spread has been very low in Thailand are probably 

because the virus doesn't like the hot air, also Thai people don't shake the hands

to say hello or goodbye, so the ''wai'' custom has certainly saved a lot of people.

• Like 1

Many pharmacies have a small selection of the home-made cloth face masks available at 25 or 30 Baht each. At least they'll save you from getting fined if you come across a cop with toothache.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

You don't seem to have understood the post. I won't be carrying a passport so no need to worry

Oh yes, I understood it perfectly. Unfortunately it seems to be you that do not understand what you are posting.

First you wrote that you do not care about what could happen. In the second sentence you gave a recommendation out of the reason that you could be mugged. Seems to me that you care deeply about the "could-factor". But only when you are at risk, and not when the law states something. ????:clap2:

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

''I miss songkran'' !...given this ,even having buckets of ice cold filthy water thrown in my face seems ok....

I would he pleased to accommodate your request if you could provide me with your address!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, doctormann said:

Me too.

Doesn't seem a lot of sense waering a mask at 06:00 when I'm out walking the dog.  Hardly anyone about at that time in my moobaan.

Stop thinking it doesn't apply to you because it does - if you're outside wear a mask and stop being so selfish

• Like 1