Pattaya: It's official - city in lockdown from today - ALL to wear masks outside

webfact

More to the point why are there any foreigners still in Pattaya in the first place.

They've all had time to abort the country completely or move to another city even if only a temporary measure

Now we'll hear farang whinging left right and centre. With the 10 day booze ban as well coming shortly they must be gluttons for punishment

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

Does the mask rule apply within a mooban?

Does the passport rule apply if I'm just walking along, far from any checkpoint?

"People should carry their full ID. Foreigners should carry their passport."  What part of this don't you understand ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Photos from the checkpoints would be appreciated. History in the making. Now Pattaya finally did get it's final nail in the coffin. Wind whistling on empty sois.

Spot the tumbleweed - coming to a soi near you very soon.

4 hours ago, kinyara said:

Why feel the need to distinguish between foreigners and Thais, everyone is in this together. It's unfortunate ThaiVisa is pushing the foreigner/Thai distinction with the stories it is highlighting, some issues are more important that clickbait revenue. 

so true.

14 minutes ago, malt25 said:

"People should carry their full ID. Foreigners should carry their passport."  What part of this don't you understand ?

too many farangs so dumb and arrogant and stupid...besides not being able to read, they lack the common sense of understanding that in a lockdown police has to be able to verify anyone eg travel history so yeah all you dumb <deleted> COMPLYBAND CARRY YR PASSPORT AND HAND IT OVER TO THE POLICE WITH A SMILE.  This is not about you, just supportyr local community in this global crisis.

Edited by herwin1234

Well, for those playing the "blame game" about foreigners and masks, I just came back from a 7-11 run (had to pay the Water Bill and stock up on some liquids). 

At least half a dozen people not wearing masks at all. All Thais. One was a woman buying something from a food cart, with her (10 ? 12 ?) year old son sitting on the scooter (with no mask at all).
A couple others had masks, under their chins. Standing right next to the entrance.

Inside, they had a guy checking temperatures and providing squeezes of hand sanitizer. One of the staff was wiping down the handles of the shopping baskets with sanitizer as well. The staff were all masked of course - and wearing those blue medical gloves as well.
One girl told me she "re-sanitizes" after ever second customer. Maybe a bit excessive for most, but maybe not so for people in high traffic environments.

Didn't see any "foreigners" on that short little jaunt, which is probably the last time I go out of the village for any reason over the next month. 

Joked with my neighbour (he's a Sgt Major in the RTP) about the lock down. I mentioned about not going into Pattaya and he said "Yes, can not go. Railway barricaded." (I knew that but just wanted to see if maybe he knew something I didn't.)

Can't be bothered to ride down there to look or take pics though. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, atsiii said:

I don't really understand the purpose of publishing a map and location of checkpoints, unless it's information being published so people can avoid them?  Otherwise, seems counter-productive.

People can still come and go by boat. ????

11 minutes ago, fred110 said:

People can still come and go by boat. ????

Which the government may use as justification for their plans to buy submarines ! (Even though experts have told them the Gulf it too shallow for them meaning they'd only be useful off the coast of Phuket).

Hmmm, with the lock down in Pattaya, it seems those on the darksidecould still drive/ride to Ban Chang. Not sure what the powers that be have regulated there, but I'm sure there are a bunch of locals in need of support, especially the ones that work (or used to) on a certain soi there.

That'd be a hoot - us on the Darkside can still drive around but the people in Pattaya proper are stuck in the city ! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

Name places in Jomtien, pratumnak, Naklua, khoa Talo where they can be purchased...I think that's the problem, they are just not easily available and haven't been for 6 weeks...I'm more worried about people...Thais especially that touched my trolley in Makro for no reason and come right close to you at any 7/11....

Mrs BB just bought 2 lots of very nicely made fabric masks, that can be laundered. She bought them on-line. Not too expensive and next day delivery.

At our local Big C this morning, all kept their distance, and they had cleaners cleaning the trolleys after each use, checks before people went in, lots of cleaners about with sprays etc etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Correct, won't be long before hysteria breaks out about not wearing glasses

Was in Central Lad Prao yesterday in Tops Supermarket ,  many of the workers had face shields with masks or goggles with masks. All the shoppers had masks with many wearing clear safety goggles or glasses. I wear clear wrap around sun glasses with my mask. Saw some being sold (99 baht) at a Tesco lotus next to hand made masks yesterday. The glasses are used to protect you from getting the virus. The masks are to protect and keep you from spreading the virus.