Pattaya: It's official - city in lockdown from today - ALL to wear masks outside

webfact

5 hours ago, brucec64 said:

I just went down the railroad tracks and all the small roads are barricaded.  I also saw several trucks with concrete barriers queued up on sukhumvit. 

Darn. I usually go to a supermarket place just up from the Railway Line bypass/36 junction. And after make the first left and left again to get back to Hwy 36 to head home. Am I barricaded from doing that?

28 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Pattaya is not being locked down for nothing. This is the last thing a tourist town wants. There is something they know. 

Of course and everybody know

it's not rocket science

a lot of people come in Pattaya for the girls

some of the tourists here was coming from heavily infected areas

like Italy or French, so they have probably infected some of the girls too

and now a lot of the Pattaya girls are still working via internet (Thaifriendly, tinder and so on)

then there is a high risk to spread the virus all over the country if they don't close the city for few weeks

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Your knowledge is out of date, a copy is sufficient and has been discussed on here many times. I've been stopped at police checkpoints about 15 times for checks on tax and MC licence and not once did they ask for a passport

But explicit  ordered now , I carry before always a complete copy of passport on top of my Thai DL..... but this time it is different , I shall carry it …..don't risk it , remember all the bars are closed and other businesses  …. so the brown envelopes are no more …. and sure  compensation shall be sought by ....

6 hours ago, VYCM said:

Yes, I'd like to know also.

Many kids playing every afternoon without masks.

By logic it is in effect outside your house or hotel. Including the street in front of crowded.

Or anytime you are near anyone you do not share living space with.

kids in the mooban can be carriers.

Your kids need to not become spreaders. No matter how boring that is for them, or neveracking for you.

If you do not live with them stay back two meters if possible, wear mask over nose and mouth, and wraparound glasses or goggles Are recommended.

This goes for riding any motorcycle or bicycle. If expelled breath and droplets or sneezes can fly behind you at another, or theirs into your face from someone in front, it’s a risk so be covered.

This is not just for check points or when someone is looking at you.

and after leaving a store clean your hands ‘BEFORE touching your vehicle’. Don’t open the door, then sanitize. Sanitize  then touch the door handle and steering wheel.

Edited by animatic

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

This morning a few falang about with no mask

OMG.  And every, single Thai person in Chonburi were wearing masks!!!  Only those evil farangs!!!

Not your problem now.  The cops will fine them if caught.  Then you can giggle with glee.

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Darn. I usually go to a supermarket place just up from the Railway Line bypass/36 junction. And after make the first left and left again to get back to Hwy 36 to head home. Am I barricaded from doing that?

I'm not sure where you are turning, but if you are coming onto the Railway bypass at Highway 36 you are going to hit a barricade as that is where they are diverting all the traffic from Sukhumvit (coming from Laem Chabang and Chon Buri) as well as the incoming traffic from Highway 36 itself.
p1.jpg.0e9afd3cba66433b84fd1e39aa44a5ef.jpg.e5822d89faaa5f97948216d76c1a8822.jpg.e968d820439a67310b3e08869e17193a.jpg

The map doesn't show where the barricade actually will be up there. I'd guess that they'd have something on Sukhumvit to divert traffic onto the 36 and then another barricade on 36 to divert people onto the Railway bypass.

Might be you can take a back road up the side of 36, then get on the highway, come down to your market and then go back the same way, as long you are East of that U-Turn. I've taken some back routes in that area on my way to the Land Transport office in the past, many of them connect onto the 36 East of that U Turn.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, david555 said:

But explicit  ordered now , I carry before always a complete copy of passport on top of my Thai DL..... but this time it is different , I shall carry it …..don't risk it , remember all the bars are closed and other businesses  …. so the brown envelopes are no more …. and sure  compensation shall be sought by ....

If going across a checkpoint or out without a mask yes carry a passport, otherwise no need

7 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

Does the mask rule apply within a mooban?

Does the passport rule apply if I'm just walking along, far from any checkpoint?

Which part of 'wear a mask outside' is confusing you?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, malt25 said:

"People should carry their full ID. Foreigners should carry their passport."  What part of this don't you understand ?

The English version did not make it clear if a passport is required at all times everywhere, or just at the new checkpoints. Trying reading it with an open mind and you can see that this point is unclear. 

on the bright side, not a single greta thunberg whinging has been

distributed by thai visa forum for weeks,

i was driving in pattaya mid day today and there was no traffic jam,

and finally when i arrived i found a parking slot for my bike no further

then 50 meters from the entrance of big c,

and with any luck, there wont even bee any hooligans shooting at my eyes

when i drive bike next week, i quite like corona

..Ive not seen it mentioned, ordered, requested anywhere at all...that disposable gloves offer a main barrier...cheap as chips and can avoid all hand to face contact...you go somewhere in your car from your home..you get out the car, put on your gloves..go about your business; return to your car, gloves off and dispose..sanitize your hands; get in your car...well that's what i do, plus on my bike.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kinyara said:

Why feel the need to distinguish between foreigners and Thais, everyone is in this together. It's unfortunate ThaiVisa is pushing the foreigner/Thai distinction with the stories it is highlighting, some issues are more important that clickbait revenue. 

Unfortunately there is no cure for bigotry, and it is contagious especially in times of trouble. "Us v Them" mentality. Xenophobia etc. 

7 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Which part of 'wear a mask outside' is confusing you?

I did not say I was confused. Perhaps you confuse me with some other poster.

The translation provided was "People of all nationalities are to wear masks when outside their homes and places of stay."

Our mooban is in many ways an extension of our homes. We own the streets and sidewalks, we pay guards to restrict access. We walk around to stretch our legs, keep a polite distance as we pass. I just wondered if I take off my mask for a moment while I'm watering the lawn, am I gonna get pounced on by some self-righteous jack*ss.  

2 minutes ago, tandor said:

..Ive not seen it mentioned, ordered, requested anywhere at all...that disposable gloves offer a main barrier...cheap as chips and can avoid all hand to face contact...you go somewhere in your car from your home..you get out the car, put on your gloves..go about your business; return to your car, gloves off and dispose..sanitize your hands; get in your car...well that's what i do, plus on my bike.

Hasn't been mentioned by WHO, CDC or anybody as totally unnecessary. The virus cannot penetrate your skin so if you wash hands often no need to be putting on and taking off gloves. Can't touch face or eyes if wearing mask or glasses/goggles.. That's is why WHO and CDC recommend washing  hands often NOT wearing gloves.

19 minutes ago, tandor said:

Maybe I am missing something but that makes no sense, you dont get the virus through your skin, you touch a surface with a bare hand or with a glove, and then maybe touch face its the same, glove or no glove. What difference does wearing a glove make, the virus is either on a bare hand or on a glove covering the hand. If you are removing the gloves then sanitising your hand, what was the point of wearing gloves in the first place.

• Like 1