Pattaya: It's official - city in lockdown from today - ALL to wear masks outside

webfact

Not sure if this interesting NHK video has been posted before:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/video/5001289/?cid=wohk-yt-2003-corona02-hp

It's about the micro droplets that may contain aerosolized SARS-CoV-2. They used a special camera to make them visible.

One survival strategy: stay upwind of people that are shouting.

Edited by DrTuner

8 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

For those who don't understand thai, ask a native to listen to the speaker (outside of the camera) in this video, and translate it for you.

Title of the video is a clue.

I know, still some of you don't think the law is for you. Whatever.

20200415_194941.jpg

Yes includes beach pavements now, smart move, all the homeless have moved into town causing negative publicity

On 4/9/2020 at 12:16 PM, doctormann said:

Me too.

Doesn't seem a lot of sense waering a mask at 06:00 when I'm out walking the dog.  Hardly anyone about at that time in my moobaan.

It'll make sense when the Thai Police make an example out of you. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, simtemple said:

No police in my village at 06:00 - still sleeping!

Anyway, i didn't say that I don't wear a mask - merely pointing out the futility of wearing one when there is no-one else around.  I am aware that the protocol now is to mask up any time that you are outside your own front door so I'm happy to comply.  Easier that way and, in the unlikely event of me encountering a local Thai, if that makes them fell more secure in some way then who am I to argue!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, doctormann said:

unlikely event of me encountering a local Thai

Every morning running along Jomtien Beach Road is a Thai guy, wearing a cap, not wearing a shirt who never wears a mask. 

He's there every morning around 6am. 

I see him running from jomtien, Watboon up to Chaiyaphruek. 

Funny thing before it was law there were a couple of Thais telling foreigners to wear masks, never saw them warning this single Thai guy. Maybe he is mafia or, the Thais weary of repercussions/abuse from their own. 

13 hours ago, simtemple said:

At the Starbucks on beach road 6am 3 guys sitting arm to arm, no masks, no police. Police don't seem to care.

On 4/14/2020 at 2:04 PM, tandor said:

...you still dont get it do you..and want to keep arguing against common sense.

The gloves of whatever synthetic material you care to put on will pick up/absorb the virus for sure as would your un-protected hands..if you have an additional barrier, which you take off and discard correctly, then sanitize your bare skin; it must reduce the likelihood of contamination..stands to reason.

I suggest to you my friend you do it your way, and i will do it my way. No-one for sure will mock me or take me to task for wearing gloves.

The whole of the planet will have to learn to live with this new virus until it is eradicated, which is highly unlikely into the forseeable future.

https://www.the-sun.com/video/news/nhs-doctor-explains-why-wearing-gloves-at-supermarkets-could-be-worse-for-coronavirus/

17 hours ago, Tony125 said:

..The US Sun newspaper and a guy dressed as a surgeon...sorry i do not accept either...however you would have to be rather stupid and reckless if you wore your gloves all day..this is why i put them on when i go out to a market, store etc, then discard when Im finished..in the meantime i try really hard not to touch my face..but having gloves on makes me more aware not to, whereas a bare hand may just find its way subconsciously to me face...anyway; you do it your way and i will do it my way, and lets hope we both stay Sars-2 free.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...