Every Cloud has a Silver Lining. What's yours?

2long

13 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Market volatility makes for interesting investment strategies. Moved out of funds into day trading individual shares. Also bars are closed......saving a fortune. 

Yeah the trading has been absolutely phenomenal with the 1,000+ point swings. Funds are pretty much broken right now. Even a child can buy a 2,000 point dip and sell into a 1,000 point rally.

Anyway my silver lining. Trading has been fantastic, husband still has job, husband got a bonus, we will get a check for $2,400 early next week from Uncle Sam, gas is cheap, husband works from home saving a couple hundred bucks this month, propane for heating is cheap and it is getting warm so a ton of savings there, put a good deal of money into cash and am building a new house on our land, living where I can own land, living where land is cheap, living where I can leave my house and not under lock down. 

I feel sorry for many people out of work but for me this whole thing has worked out absolutely fantastic. I really don't have any complaints. Looking forward to a road trip to go  camping in the hills soon.  Spring time is here and the birds are chirping. There is an enthusiasm about that I haven't seen for awhile.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Kurtf said:

I hate living here in Thailand and want to return to my home country but I can't leave until I sell my house here since all my savings is tied up in the house. The only redeeming thing is the low cost of living here. 

Too bad you couldn’t make things work here but as many have found it’s not for everyone, was a bad idea to put all your savings into buying a house, I fear you will not be able to recoup your original investment. Myself I have purchased a number of houses for my wife’s future security when I pass, currently my silver lining is the higher returns in the bear markets I am receiving because of the current virus situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Well a few weeks after I posted in this thread I am happy to say husband still working from home and the company he works for is doing record numbers and looks like his job is good through the virus. Very lucky for anybody to be in any business that actually thrives during a pandemic. 

Guberment check came as well.