Stay indoors message falls on deaf ears in Pattaya as people continue to visit the beach

webfact

Places like beaches and beach roads where you can give other people a wide berth are off limits. You must spend your day in narrow places with bottlenecks where people rub against people, like alleys, stairs, elevators, corridors ...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Places like beaches and beach roads where you can give other people a wide berth are off limits. You must spend your day in narrow places with bottlenecks where people rub against people, like alleys, stairs, elevators, corridors ...

But they don't give each other a wide berth. Can you not understand that?

It's the same people, every day. Walking and running on beach paths, with no masks on or just covering their chins.

They are forcing the authorities to come up with more strict measures.

For some reason, foreign males with Thai wives seem to think that they are exempt and walk the beaches from end to end and go to markets without covering their faces.

I am sorely tempted to name and shame, because some of these people have responsible positions and should know better.

Someone running a church for foreigners in Pattaya, for example.

Get it together and stop acting like you are exempt!

19 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Many other beaches are also closed. They attempt to reduce number of infected people. Ignore it and possibly face severe consequences.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I was denigrating the message not the messenger.

BTW the walkway isn't the beach.

Mind you, I don't expect properly thought out policies in LOS. As usual it's knee jerk reaction to publicity.

14 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

with no masks on

Be grateful you don't live where I do ( not in LOS ). You might get seriously upset as hardly anyone wears one, and haven't since the lockdown started 3 weeks ago. ZERO infections in this area after 21 days and the incubation period is 14 days.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's the craziest thing I heard. There isn't room on them to stay 2 or even 1 meter apart from others. Conversely, on the walkway there is plenty of room to avoid others.

I agree, to forbid the wide promenade and even the Beach itself is silly, the best solution might be to close the Beach Roads to traffic completely and open the road itself up to  pedestrians and joggers. The far side pavement is no use whatsoever, blocked by cables and redundant phones. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JackGats said:

Places like beaches and beach roads where you can give other people a wide berth are off limits. You must spend your day in narrow places with bottlenecks where people rub against people, like alleys, stairs, elevators, corridors .

Like police station photograph rooms.