Will the beaches open on 10 April

Agusts

As far as I can see all the signs on beaches say the closure is until 10 April, in those big white banners with red writing on them in Thai and English.  I have not seen any new information on any website or any new government orders anywhere regarding beaches...

So does that mean the beaches are open after 10 April...!? Let me know if you have come across any new news ....

Just now, stevenl said:

Not heard or seen anything about this. But with all villages closed off from the 13th and measures becoming more and more stringent, it seems extremely unlikely to me the beaches will be opened.

Wot he said- given that flights are being complexly suspended and more sub-districts likely to be locked down it doesn't take a Missile Engineer to work out the answer on this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, if every district is locked down then every local can use their own beach, I don't think the virus can spread via the sea water from one beach to another...., or the fish... ! lol, but you never know, I'm sure they find a way for that too....

It's true there are more restriction, but I wonder if they forgot about the signs on the beaches, then again they might change the signs tomorrow, but I was looking for an official announcement,  not many of our rocket scientists deductions on the forum... !

I always thought closing the beach was wrong, they could have just said use the beach and swim but keep to two adults and their children and no groups or parties allowed...

But knowing certain mindless idiots it would have been hard to control this...! Swimming and walking on the beach is as healthy on saving lives than locked up in a room 24/7...

The Wuhan lockdown lasted 76 days, so add these to March 20 and you get June 4. So don't make any plans for the next couple of months. Things might be a bit different in LOFS, but if Tourism revenue may motivate to lift bans early, the lack of medical responsiveness may lead to caution. As far as I am concerned I have an appointment at Bumrungrad which I am going to shift from end of May to early July, and grab any opportunity in June to take the kids to Koh Chang.

31 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Well, if every district is locked down then every local can use their own beach, I don't think the virus can spread via the sea water from one beach to another...., or the fish... ! lol, but you never know, I'm sure they find a way for that too....

It's true there are more restriction, but I wonder if they forgot about the signs on the beaches, then again they might change the signs tomorrow, but I was looking for an official announcement,  not many of our rocket scientists deductions on the forum... !

I always thought closing the beach was wrong, they could have just said use the beach and swim but keep to two adults and their children and no groups or parties allowed...

But knowing certain mindless idiots it would have been hard to control this...! Swimming and walking on the beach is as healthy on saving lives than locked up in a room 24/7...

I agree; why not open the beach? ur locked into ur subdistrict so it cant spread and less change catching it on the beach or in the water than in the supermarket or 7/11

But who am I   LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Wot he said- given that flights are being complexly suspended and more sub-districts likely to be locked down it doesn't take a Missile Engineer to work out the answer on this one.

I hear you Psimbo. But what do you think; yes or no?

In theory there shouldn't be enough people around for social distancing to be a problem but we just know that there will be some stupid sods that would ignore rules and ruin it for everyone if they were to open the beaches and impose strict restrictions.

So my money's on an extension of the ban, though I hope otherwose.

• Like 2

I wound up the lifeguards earlier, told them we all go swim tomorrow,  they all looked at me gobsmacked - even my broken Thai,  I think they got it... -:)

Anyway, I pointed at the sign with 10 April on it and said tomorrow is 10, then they kind of got it but said no no, they will change the signs tomorrow,  it will be closed till end April...

The problem with all this is the end game now, when do they end all this, not just here but everywhere, I see Chinese are relaxing their rules, but if just one person still carrying this virus could he not infect everybody else again , specially if they say there is a chance of re-infection... !? We really need a cure or a vaccine to end all this, until Covid-20, or Covid-21 or 22 etc.  .... arrives !

My gut feeling says they won't open the beaches today and not even this month. Just my gut feeling according to the whole situation. The banner might remind outdated or something but I do not think that changes much... although I am wondering if police catches you swimming and having fun on the beach, you could argue the banner says the beach is closed only till 10th of April? Not sure.

Other than that I also see the two sides of the deal. On one hand, I see people walking around the beach walk area. All respect decent distance from each other and no more than two people together. Also see them at the decks. Seems healthy to me. So I wonder if it would not be the same if the walks are on the sand instead of on the pavement. But as noted here, would they open the beach, we would see immediately groups of lots of people sharing glasses and cigarets. So I understand it is not a too bad measure to keep them closed given the current situation. 

A German local court today overruled government ban of some Baltic coast and beaches, calling it disproportionate and not making sense... ! Just shows there are still some people who can think more logically...

But we can't hold our breath for any Phuket court overuling the beach ban, that will be about the same time as pigs fly...????