Covid extension questions with new announcement

I tried looking for an answer to my question but couldn't find one. I have a consideration stamp on my passport to show up on April 13th for a Covid-extension on a SETV. Do I still need to show up? I'm sure there are a ton of people in the same situation as myself.

Don't agree Drjack, a friend has an under consideration stamp in his passport and he was due to go to CM Immigration today. He telephoned Imm to enquire whether he still needed to attend in light of the announcement that visas would be automatically extended until 30th April. He was told he still needed to attend at Imm today.

4 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Don't agree Drjack, a friend has an under consideration stamp in his passport and he was due to go to CM Immigration today. He telephoned Imm to enquire whether he still needed to attend in light of the announcement that visas would be automatically extended until 30th April. He was told he still needed to attend at Imm today.

Would be great if other members can confirm what your friend was told.

That really sounds strange but......

I'm supposed to show up to KK immigration on Monday. I might just go to be on the safe side and if they shoo me away, so be it. Even with these sweeping directives, I can still see different offices having their own interpretation of the regulations.

15 minutes ago, Benitostacos said:

I'm supposed to show up to KK immigration on Monday. I might just go to be on the safe side and if they shoo me away, so be it. Even with these sweeping directives, I can still see different offices having their own interpretation of the regulations.

Check with our main man. @ubonjoe

• Like 1

My Corona Virus Extension runs out on the 14th April (they gave me 14 days and told me to come back on 14th to extend again with no cos then).

I believe government is shut for Songrian festival on the 14th April so considering going to Immigration Udonthani on 13th April as not sure if the talk of the new no need to go to Immigration Office is real or not.

13 minutes ago, Cashboy said:

I believe government is shut for Songrian festival on the 14th April so considering going to Immigration Udonthani on 13th April as not sure if the talk of the new no need to go to Immigration Office is real or not.

The Songkran holidays were canceled last month. Immigration will be open everyday next week.

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Would be great if other members can confirm what your friend was told.

That really sounds strange but......

I can't talk for CM office or what others heard on the phone but today at CW they expected you to show up if you had this "under consideration" stamp. That's my first-hand experience.

8 hours ago, Benitostacos said:

Seems like each office has its own way to interpret this new act. Offices are quite empty now so I'd recommend you still go on Monday (Songkran holiday is canceled so it should be opened) and see for yourself, each case might be different.

• Like 1

Just now, uberfarang said:

I can't talk for CM office or what others heard on the phone but today at CW they expected you to show up if you had this "under consideration" stamp. That's my first-hand experience.

Yes read your post and gave positive like.

Thing is even with two separate posts today of attending imm and not being turned away is in my mind big issue.

I still believe io should of said to you....not required, go home. Someone (maybe you) showed stamp of updated permission of stay till April 29.

I don't understand. 

However thinking few more reports over next few days will clear things. Horrible situation for many. I'm on annual extensions so easy.

Doesn't stop me worry about folk in bad situation here.

• Like 2

Here is an interpretation of the new rules that I consider logical based on what was written in the announcement:

1. Excluding those on border passes, if you were given a permission to stay that expired(s) on or after March 26, then regardless of the visa/visa exemption/previous extension your stay was based on, your current permission to stay is automatically extended until at least April 30.
  2. If you only have an extension of stay under consideration, then you have not formally been given permission to stay in Thailand. You must attend immigration to have your extended permission to stay confirmed. However, that confirmed extension of your permission to stay will automatically be extended further (if necessary) until at least April 30.

Be aware that logic often does not govern what immigration offices will decide in practice.

• Like 2