Sterling Motor

jumbo

What do you want to power with it?

What's your heat source?

Plenty of model / toy ones on Lazada but if you want something more serious you'll have to look further afield.

A house.... using the sun and I am thinking a parabole magnifier for heat source

So it needs to be a serious one. Importing would make it more expensive...so that's

why I am looking locally but have not found a supplier.

Solar is an alternative...

Standard PV is a almost certainly more economical option and probably more efficient even with the relatively low efficiency of solar panels.

EDIT What sort of power levels are you looking for?

13 hours ago, Crossy said:

Standard PV is a almost certainly more economical option and probably more efficient even with the relatively low efficiency of solar panels.

EDIT What sort of power levels are you looking for?

15KW is enough, I found some in PRC but not sure if these are the quality I would be looking for

16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I would think importing it is your only option,  electric power supply is cheap in Thailand,  the family next door behind a big fence ????????get all theirs free.

So why would they sell solar power anywhere???

And what if I am not in it for the money but plan to live off grid.. and make sure my family can stay in the house with relatively low cost after they sucked up all my cash

• Haha 1

I don't want to rain on your parade, but why are you going for an electromechanical system which will require regular maintenance of the engine and alternator when you can go PV and have a system which is essentially maintenance free?  We all know what our Thai hosts are like when it comes to "maintenance" :whistling:

Is it cost, you want to do something different, efficiency, or something else?

Off-grid both will require batteries so no savings there.

And solar PV is readily available here at sensible costs if you DIY.

• Like 1

Don't feel the rain yet, no worries there????

It seems you understand the principles of the sterling motor, it is not a complicated machine and the maintenance should therefore not be to complicated as well. I expect to do that myself initially with the help of a engineer friend of mine...

Yeah, I maybe want to be adventurous in this matter but I was just surprised there is so little know about this at all

Like I said, I am not too worried about the costs, it is much more that feeling of 'I f*cking did it', that I am looking for

Solar is always in the back of my mind and probably less of a hassle

Got to 'bump the head' first before I back off an idea.

Down the line all the issues could make me go solar.

And I haven't looked at wind yet....

• Haha 1