house visit

Today(9th.) have just had a visit from a Thai person with blue cap/yellow scarf inquiring as to my last entry to Thailand. He spoke to my partner and I had to provide my name and age and produce my passport so that he could check last entry and extension validity-also looked at TM 30 receipt and 90 day receipt. All good and said he would be back tomorrow with a certificate/paper saying I had not been out/in from Thailand since the Covid restrictions were put into effect. He had the addresses of 2 other falang in my area and had visited them also. Any one else had a visit from I presume Tessabahn or similar asking for this? I'm not at all worried just curious.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

I had a group out the other day, clearly coming to my house because I’m a foreigner, didn’t check anything but handed out a pamphlet and saying if you go out you have to wear a mask. 

I fully expect they will do house to house “checks” at some point, most being conducted by the village headman. 

22 minutes ago, tropo said:

The joys of living in areas with few foreigners. The Immigration officers have too much time on their hands so they go around "harassing" the few in town (or wherever you are) to justify their paychecks. 

Or perhaps they are doing the job they are told to do that high farang density places is a pain in the ass for the staff... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, tropo said:

My point went right over your head...

I suggested it is a "joy" to live in low foreigner density places where they have more time to "harass" foreigners. 

Well I am and they don't...................????

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Steven, please explain how you know they are immigration officers.

The folk going round with the yellow shirts and blue neck ties, are locals used by the Tessaban, or Orbortor, nothing what so ever to do with immigration.

a quick call to the IO would confirm this, however an ID should be shown upon arrival.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

a quick call to the IO would confirm this, however an ID should be shown upon arrival.

I remember some guys in uniform demanding that I pay them money for throwing a fag on the pavement outside a department store. The were told where to go, as they were security guards. 

Police without uniform have been to my house and always show their ID.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, tropo said:

The joys of living in areas with few foreigners. The Immigration officers have too much time on their hands so they go around "harassing" the few in town (or wherever you are) to justify their paychecks. 

Phitsanoloke City has many foreigners.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

Probably wasn’t even immigration. Was probably some poo yai crew of nobodys. 

I would hardly call someone a nobody if they are capable of checking a passports entry and extension stamps, TM30 and 90 day receipts especially if they did it with confidence knowing what they were looking for.

• Haha 1