BANGKOK

Yeah as far as I am concerned send someone with a littler better credibility. But in the end they are correct and they are Thai and we are foreign 3rd class people at best. Better to abide and go along with it than have a problem.

• Like 1

We made our escape to the in-laws' upcountry about two weeks ago. On the way up the wife's sister was already on the phone with friends in the moo ban, including those in the pu yai's crew. They wanted my ID, already had my passport photo on my phone, sent it through Line. Upon arrival we all posed for a photo. Then for the first few days they came by to do paperwork, checking boxes saying that we weren't sick, and checking our temperatures. After that, just smiles and asking if everyone's OK. A rather pleasant experience.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, wazzadg44 said:

If I had arced up about ID or not showing passport who knows where that would lead to

Who would care?

I'm not in their system, so I usually avoid this sort of nonsense.

If they're doing something house to house I'll go along with it.

If it's just racist/xenophobic harassment, I'll not play ball.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

We made our escape to the in-laws' upcountry about two weeks ago. On the way up the wife's sister was already on the phone with friends in the moo ban, including those in the pu yai's crew. They wanted my ID, already had my passport photo on my phone, sent it through Line. Upon arrival we all posed for a photo. Then for the first few days they came by to do paperwork, checking boxes saying that we weren't sick, and checking our temperatures. After that, just smiles and asking if everyone's OK. A rather pleasant experience.

because they were polite?

Tough call, always wise to double-check who someone is of course, but being there in the current environment is a bit tricky. Best to comply where possible methinks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wazzadg44 said:

with blue cap/yellow scarf

Sounds like you got a visit from the boy scouts.

• Haha 1