BANGKOK

Thank the Lord I now live in a civilised 1st world country. Good riddance Liarland. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, connda said:

Scan their Ids as well as translating them before speaking with whoever they are

How are you going to do this? 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 1:09 PM, tropo said:

The joys of living in areas with few foreigners. The Immigration officers have too much time on their hands so they go around "harassing" the few in town (or wherever you are) to justify their paychecks. 

So true ! in the past i wanted to be far for foreigners, but now think that living in a condo where 80% are foreigners is so much better !

even if they wanted to check, i would have time to escape before they reached my floor ! haahahah

• Like 1

I only hand over my passport to an immigration officer.

Well one time I gave it to a cop many years ago, in another country, and he immediately put it in his pocket and walked away. I stumbled along behind him until I could pay to get it back......

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2020 at 1:16 PM, BritManToo said:

Don't let them speak to your partner.

If they're official, they can speak English with you after identifying themselves correctly.

I'd want a photo of then holding their ID card, as they always want photos of us.

My gate is locked, they won't be coming in, social distancing an all, they can speak from outside the gate.

Yeah I had 3 come to my house up in Sakon Nakhon two weeks ago. The gate was locked! I told my wife to see what they wanted and to not touch anything they try to give you. I went outside to see the matter ,she let  them in the car park while talking to them, once in, they handed her a paper,I screamed don't touch that but...

One of them could see I was upset as my wife went in the house to grab a rubber glove.

In short ,they left a sticker on my gate ,I asked my wife what it said : Falang lives here and has been questioned. I asked her what they talked about. They wanted to know how long I've been here (August 6) and if I had symptoms! 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1