Thailand reports 54 new COVID-19 infections

webfact

17 minutes ago, meshborg said:

the acceptance of falsified figures is quite staggering on this forum

Stick around for a while you aint seen nothing yet! Fear does strange things to people makes them incredibly obedient, gullible & trusting in those they previously despised .................

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flamesfan said:

If they conducted tests proportionately with the US, they should have tested 400,000 people as they are approximately 20% of the population versus US. The Us has 350,000,000 people and have conducted 2,000,000 tests, hence the high numbers. Testing is the key.

Actually the WHO and CDC would say Thai testing is at better than the expected level, but not the USA. That of course assumes the numbers aren’t a fabrication. They look for a ratio of 10 to 1 negative to positive results. Thailand is almost 30 to 1 and the USA about 4 to 1. The majority of USA states have achieved 10 to 1, but the hotspots (NY, NJ, Boston, Chicago, Atlanta, New Orleans, Detroit, Philadelphia, Miami) aren’t anywhere near this. The major USA cities are very low on medical resources per capita. African Americans in cities are suffering disproportionately further exacerbating the shortages. 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, tuktuktuk said:

Thailand is almost 30 to 1 ...

You can't divide the Thailand positives by the new number tested since they only increased that tested number but didn't allow in any of the positives from the increased tests (since they weren't double-confirmed tests that included two at the two approved labs). You have to divide by the old number before we jumped from 25k tests to 72k tests performed. If they add in the positives from those additional tests in the data that's being released, then you can use that higher number. I think the Thai ratio is around 0.09 if I remember when I did that division. 

1 hour ago, meshborg said:

I'm staggered for sure. Based on the responses in this thread, I conclude: no matter how small a bump in the increased death rate in a given month in Thailand (say, one extra person dies [in a hospital or at home] compared to the average), some posters to TV believe that they will magically become aware of that death. 

18 hours ago, sapson said:

However difficult to find sanitizer and masks when available at least 20baht.

20 baht for a washable cloth mask, please have a thought for the people making them, the fabric, elastic, overheads for their shop, etc.  A 10% solution of bleach will be a sanitizer, bit of hand cream if your worried about about your delicate hands. JESUS !

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ParkerN said:

And this would come to light how? If you knowingly do small-scale tests and knowingly attribute deaths to secondary causes, how would you know? Thai newspapers? They'll do what they're told if the appropriate 'national security' spell is cast.

Exactly right and also is it a coincidence that most of the announced deaths recently are foreigners. Where did all the Thai deaths disappear to?

I saw a graph showing nationality split of people with covid recently and Thais were the obvious majority.

Foreigners were the minority few hospitalised, but most deaths announced recently seem to be foreigners (who might be more difficult to disguise with other causes of death?).

Are they reporting the correct amount of deaths of local Thai Nationals correctly? Or are these attributed to other causes maybe?

hmmm.. go figure!

Edited by NightSky

5 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Exactly right and also is it a coincidence that most of the announced deaths recently are foreigners. Where did all the Thai deaths disappear to?

I saw a graph showing nationality split of people with covid recently and Thais were the obvious majority.

Foreigners were the minority few hospitalised, but most deaths announced recently seem to be foreigners.

Go figure!

last 2 days deaths were 3 foreigners 2 Thai

3 minutes ago, offset said:

last 2 days deaths were 3 foreigners 2 Thai

Right.

Although number of Thais hospitalised is far greater than foreigners. There was a link to a resource showing this floating about somewhere.

17 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

In America, they deem any death where the Coronavirus is found, as cause of death—Coronavirus.  And this included people who also suffered from cancer, high blood pressure, emphysema, heart patients old age, and stroke. 

So infection and death figures seem high.

Given the same comorbidity in Thailand, how do you think it would effect Coronavirus death statistics here?

The US figures are almost certainly low not high. They only record deaths where there is a positive TEST for COVID-19.

First responders in New Youk have reported going to over 200 deaths at home in a period when last year there were about 4. They have said that as far as they know those were not tested post-mortem.

9 hours ago, meshborg said:

For those that wallow in falsified figures, it should be noted that about 70K of the 95K global deaths attributed to covid-19 are in just 5 countries, Italy(18K+), US(16k+), Spain(15K+), France(12K+) and the UK(8K).

Thailand is just one of the other 190 or so relatively insignificant falsified figures.

The UK and Thailand have similar sizes in population so there should have been well in excess of 8000 deaths in Thailand, after all didn't millions of Chinese come flooding into Thailand Dec/Jan.

The Chinese are queuing up at the crematoriums to collect the ashes of those that have died, the Thais must be doing it under the cover of darkness.

Ref for figures https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Edited by sandyf
Initial error on global deaths

20 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Again, good news. No exponential increases like other countries have seen. Yesterday's increase was solely down to the 40 - 50 of the cases returning from Indonesia. 

As long as there isn't another explosion of related cases like the Lumpini Boxing Stadium then this is seeming to be controllable at the moment. 

Nonsense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, White Christmas13 said:

Nonsense

Thanks for the response. 

I guess time will tell, however there is absolutely no evidence to suggest Thailand, or any other country in this region, is on course for an Italy or USA type outbreak. Therefore, that is good news for all of us. 

8 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Thanks for the response. 

I guess time will tell, however there is absolutely no evidence to suggest Thailand, or any other country in this region, is on course for an Italy or USA type outbreak. Therefore, that is good news for all of us. 

I suggest you look at Indonesia

3 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Why?

Indonesia has 1 death per million of population, Italy has 302 and the US is at 50.

Thailand is 0.5 deaths per million of population, both Thailand and Indonesia have a lot of catching up to do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Indonesia, one of the largest populations in the world only has 1000 more cases than here. 

Again, absolutely nothing compared to other countries in the west. 

some true news China is back in action, selling facemasks, toilet paper etc. a plane load of supplies landed in Melbourne Australia a couple of days ago, something to think about here China bought ship loads of supermarket supplies and medical supplies from Australia they have probably repackaged and selling it back, good thinking

21 hours ago, justin case said:

for the thinkers out here (?) lol...

why were no there no other big cities in china full of patients ?

how did they magically get saved from all this while the rest of the world got the full load ?

Time for a conspiracy theory perhaps… lots of those around - take yer pick.

20 hours ago, onekoolguy said:

Hard to say? Numbers depend on testing. If it was really bad, we would be seeing people lining up at hospitals? Or at least hearing stories about it? We are not! So I think that the situation is improving?

Improving = more recoveries than infections.