BANGKOK
nomad2019

Tooth abscess - AGONY 🤢🤢🤢

Broke tooth couple months ago. Its now infected. Took ammoxicillan 3 weeks ago ,it went away but is now back, now pharmacy has gave me 3 day course of azithromycin 250mg , take 2 pills a day for 3 days.

I got them yesterday morning 7am took two pills and woke up 6 am this morning took further two pills, seems abscess is growing towards my eye, absolute agony. Tyenol painkillers not killing pain 🤬🤬🤬, went to pattaya smile dental yesterday dentist says cannot do extraction untill decay goes away but i think these bloddy antibiotics arent strong enough and theyll run out tomorrow, why cant i just get the damn thing pulled plus what cost to have it surgically removed or root canal...wonder would my insurance even for out as i cannot get hold of them either.

HELP 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I feel for you buddy, toothache is a nightmare.

I had a molar extracted about 6 months ago. I took the amoxylin first and then azithromycin. These are two different antibiotics that fight different types of bacterial infections.

Keep on the azithromycin for a whilenow that your on it, I think I had two courses before having the tooth finally pulled.

As a pain killer I took one of each paracetamol + ibruprofin and I also used that topical M16 anesthetic which does help but be careful not to swallow if using this as it can numb your throat and airways etc.

If you have unbearable pain though it can help.. 

(sold at most pharmacies)

product-image-603714733_530x_2x_c55a1e5c

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, nomad2019 said:

Tyenol painkillers not killing pain

I had chronic tooth pain once, nothing worked killing the pain from the shelf. Then the wife went into the 7/11 pharmacy shop and came out with a small red pack containing  of yellow tablets - that to me oddly taste like foam bananas ! Took two, pain gone within about 10-15 minutes. Is only pain killer I use now, but only available  in pharmacy shop.  Pharmacist says they are for women's period pains, but work great for toothache. Mefenamic acid Coly tablets I think. Work for me, and they over the counter as opposed to really strong doctor issues tabs that you may have a trouble getting in to see

• Like 2

For tempory releilfe, keep numbing it with ice cubes...not ideal but gives a break from the pain

7 minutes ago, baansgr said:

For tempory releilfe, keep numbing it with ice cubes...not ideal but gives a break from the pain

this isn't a mouth ulcer, terrible advice

keep taking antibiotics, as for the pain - paracetamol 1000mg with Ibuprofen 1000mg (large dose but was advised to me by a dentist when I had the same problem) + tramadol (no more than 400mg a day)

all three medicines can be safely mixed, though ibuprofen shouldn't be taken if you have covid

if you can't find a pharmacy selling tramadol find someone Thai to help you - they sell it in every area, some pharmacies will lie about not having it. it also helps to go into the pharmacy with your passport in one hand

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Try a hospital emergency department, abscesses can be serious. Most hospitals have dental clinics attached.

I have lost two fillings, fortunately no pain. I was told to come back if I had severe pain, then they would treat me.

I agree. Pain killers and antibiotics just treat the symptoms, not the cause. and you sure don't need complications right now. You should visit Pattaya International Dental Centre ASAP  210/26 Moo 9, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi.
Tel. +66-3841-2090 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM Email: [email protected]

Edited by stephenterry
add
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Forget Azithromycin...it's not for dental issues.

If Amoxicillin isn't working, you need to step up to Metronidazole tablets.

Yes this is correct I was prescribed Metronidazole and maybe not the azithromycin

Go to A&E at your local hospital. My abbess was not in the mouth but in a more embarrassing position. A surgeon performed a minor procedure draining the wound. Coarse of antibiotics. Sorted in a week.

• Like 1

Despite metronidazole tabs and gel, I still think you would need to get it drained

and attended to.....the tabs will not hold it off forever.

• Thanks 1

Went dental smile just now was given yet more antibiotics ( clindamycin 300 mg)

3xday every 6 hrs...

Failing these do not relieve me of this b******d pain what would you recommend.

Asked dentist to cut and drain he said no 🤬

Should i go pattaya city hospital and get it drained....intravenous antibiotics....

Getting suicidal now, i really am going up the bloody walls 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

🙏🙏🙏

Can not recommend anything better than the oil of clove mentioned earlier but I am not a dentist (but did have for grandfather and two uncles).  As said until infection under control any attempt to work on tooth is going to be mind blowing (not in a good way).