Visa extension expires on 1th of May

Hi everyone, my visa extension is going to expires on 1th of May. Now immigration will give automatic extensions until 30th of April but I do not need it. Do you think they will extend another 30 days if I will bring a letter from my embassy? Because it's very difficult to find flights for go back to my country and honestly am also afraid to go back.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

April 30th is not a fixed date it will be extended for a long as the emergency decree is extended,

You current extension ending on the 1st of May will be extended.

Happy to hear that Joe, you are very nice and clear as always, thank you so much

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Philipg114763 said:

At the moment tourist visas  are the only ones being extension automatic if you have a 1 year o or o-a or businesse visa  you need to  go to immigration the way you have in the past. But this may change so call your immigration. 

The immigration website says all types of visas, so this includes non-o, oa and b.

• Like 1

Like the OP my tourist visa 30 day extension expires May 2. I understand the context of automatic extension. However am I correct to assume that automatic still requires a visit to Immigration for another passport stamp? My initial 30 day extension required a 9 1/2 hour wait. Not looking forward to that again. 

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

April 30th is not a fixed date it will be extended for a long as the emergency decree is extended,

You current extension ending on the 1st of May will be extended.

26 minutes ago, Philipg114763 said:

At the moment tourist visas  are the only ones being extension automatic if you have a 1 year o or o-a or businesse visa  you need to  go to immigration the way you have in the past. But this may change so call your immigration. 

Any entry from a visa or visa exempt entry is covered in the ministerial order. Not sure about a visa though that allows a one year entry.

Hi All, I didn't want to a waste a new topic as my query is inline with the original topic.

My visa exemption expires on April 19th. I went to the immigration office today with my TM7 and docs to extend a further 30 days and was told that they're not doing this at the moment and try next month.

They didn't give an exact date but is it actually may 1st when we can get a 30 day extension again? or is that what they estimate. I'm just a bit concerned that I could be in a situation where they want to fine and leave a black mark on my record, so would be good to know exactly.

8 minutes ago, hiero said:

hey didn't give an exact date but is it actually may 1st when we can get a 30 day extension again?

The is certainly not an exact date since they will be extending the emergency before then and will announce a new date.

When it does end they will have a grace period to leave the country or apply for a extension.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The is certainly not an exact date since they will be extending the emergency before then and will announce a new date.

When it does end they will have a grace period to leave the country or apply for a extension.

Thanks.

That makes sense. If they announced say 1st of may one would expect say 1 week of grace to leave the country or apply for an extension (i would assume).

12 minutes ago, hiero said:

hat makes sense. If they announced say 1st of may one would expect say 1 week of grace to leave the country or apply for an extension (i would assume).

I think it might be a month to get things sorted out.

4 hours ago, Philipg114763 said:

you are wrong, so why posting ?

1 hour ago, w94005m said:

I was rather hoping it was an automatic 30 days extension from your visa expiry, so 30 days from say April 15 expiry, would currently be extended to May 14th. Is that incorrect?

So from another post here it doesn't sound like that. It sounds that once the goverment announce a date you then go and get an extension. Likely with a grace period so they don't get 10000 people going day 1 to avoid fines.

33 minutes ago, hiero said:

So from another post here it doesn't sound like that. It sounds that once the goverment announce a date you then go and get an extension. Likely with a grace period so they don't get 10000 people going day 1 to avoid fines.

I know - that's why I'm asking

As I understand it, at the moment, any visa that expired from 26th March or is due to expire before 30th April, will automatically be renewed to 30th April.  What happens thereafter we will be told later, but assuming the COVID-19 situation is ongoing, which is likely, visas will probably be automatically extended for a further period of time.  At the end of the situation visa holders will be given a period of time to either extend visas in the normal way, or leave the country.

• Like 1