Bangkok bans sale of alcohol 10th to 20th April

Jonathan Fairfield

On 4/10/2020 at 10:24 AM, DualSportBiker said:

Well I wish you luck. Truth is I have 4 shots a month give or take. I've almost given up and am feeling all the better for it. I am a cheap date - when dating is an option! My collection is just 2 meters from where I both work and watch movies - I never give it a second thought. I sleep better, work better, ride better and my doctors says I am in remarkable shape so it has worked well for me.

However I have a reputation as a professional bad-influence to keep...

Booze Collection.jpg

The Talisker is a mighty fine drop.

On 4/9/2020 at 10:52 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Where have you been?  The military have been effectively running Thailand since 2014! You should be used to it by now!

Actually the military has ruled since the 1930s. The periods of civilian rule has always had to been tolerated by the military. And almost all civilian leaders have had military background. 

• Like 2

On 4/9/2020 at 3:26 PM, Fatman666 said:

Does not affect me. A lot of small shops where i live, will sell to me my afternoon beers anyway. Only different will be the transport for the few meters to my home. Have to use instead a plastic bag my old small backpack,  where a six pack of Big Chang can be placed easily.

What happens when she runs out, and your not the only she will sell to. 

A good article on the Nation today listing the dates that alcohol will not be sold in each province. All provinces have banned alcohol sales, however they resume on different dates. From Bangkok, the closest places to get alcohol:

Rayong:   alcohol sales resume Thursday, April 16

Ayuttaya:  alcohol sales resume Friday, April 17

Chachoengsao, Ratchaburi, Pathumthani:  alcohol sales resume Monday, April 20

Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Nonthaburi, Bangkok: alcohol sales resume Tuesday April 21

Samut Songkram, Nakon Prathom, Chonburi: alcohol sales resume Friday May 1

If you run out, now you know where and when to plan your road trip.

13 hours ago, Monomial said:

A good article on the Nation today listing the dates that alcohol will not be sold in each province. All provinces have banned alcohol sales, however they resume on different dates. From Bangkok, the closest places to get alcohol:

Rayong:   alcohol sales resume Thursday, April 16

Ayuttaya:  alcohol sales resume Friday, April 17

Chachoengsao, Ratchaburi, Pathumthani:  alcohol sales resume Monday, April 20

Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Nonthaburi, Bangkok: alcohol sales resume Tuesday April 21

Samut Songkram, Nakon Prathom, Chonburi: alcohol sales resume Friday May 1

If you run out, now you know where and when to plan your road trip.

The reasoning is to stop groups of people from gathering this morning I saw several street side restaurants with people sitting side by side eating no social distancing where's the enforcement

12 hours ago, Reigntax said:

The Thai authorities still haven't worked out the difference between a case of Corona and a case of Corona virus. 

Alas, in the land of laukhao one can only dream of such luxury brews.

• Haha 1