BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Bangkok bans sale of alcohol 10th to 20th April

1 minute ago, Caine said:

Beer ? you can’t call that sh*te they bottle up in the Land of Liars. Beer.

I take it you've left already then? 😳

Certainly will work.The roads will be safer,less deaths.Which will allow the covid 19 deaths to be hidden under the radar.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:22 AM, nikmar said:

After my initial child like sulking , Ive started thinking along the lines of it being a good thing for me. Ive already packed in the cigarettes and now i can have a dry out as well. I WILL be a better man.

May I suggest my favourite hot weather thirst quenching drink instead of beer. Simply ice + soda water + fresh squeezed lime. It has the same bite in the throat as your 1st ice cold beer of the day....and healthy too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Banned in whole Thailand for Sonkran, with 24 hours curfew.

You can still head out to Nonthaburi or Pathumthani to purchase this 'most essential' item in this time of crisis, or is this ban for greater Bangkok.?

There gotta be plenty of roadside stalls and shops still selling, at least as their stocks last. Anybody managed to purchase booze during the ban? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

You can still head out to Nonthaburi or Pathumthani to purchase this 'most essential' item in this time of crisis, or is this ban for greater Bangkok.?

There gotta be plenty of roadside stalls and shops still selling, at least as their stocks last. Anybody managed to purchase booze during the ban? 

Not for long, SamutPrakarn is starting the ban tomorrow (Sat 11) so time's running out to stock up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ranshoko said:

How selfish can you get! Watch out you don't catch the Covid 19 virus in Germany

Where do you get 10 Baht per pint beer in Germany? Are you brewing it yourself? 

30 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

May I suggest my favourite hot weather thirst quenching drink instead of beer. Simply ice + soda water + fresh squeezed lime. It has the same bite in the throat as your 1st ice cold beer of the day....and healthy too!

I've been enjoying just soda and ice recently, instead of coke/Fanta etc, good job really, too late to add anything else now! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CiderFizz said:

This will save about 700 deaths due to drunken driving over Songkran. 

Ahmm , not being allowed to drive around , let alone back to a home province , will sort out road deaths.

The  alcohol ban will  have nothing to do with it.

But in the rural areas where Lao Kao is the drink of the masses , and even more likely already to be   taking over as less  and less  people  have  the money for beer  , an alcohol  shop sales ban will  not change anything ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Said on here previously that there will be food riots eventually with this lockdown and the money starts running out, I think my prediction will be wrong. there will be alcohol riots and then food riots - or maybe steal the food as an afterthought

Sort of: after they loot the booze stocks, the rioters will get the "end of p*ss up munchies"?

2 hours ago, transam said:

Just a police/army state, smacks of communism to me....

I'm not so sure, back in the olden days the Soviets were amongst the biggest p*ssheads on the planet!

Is this a Songkran thing or the new norm? How many think this will end on the 20th? Pattaya is now banning deliveries of alcohol but not the sales. In 1 day what will be the difference?