Bangkok bans sale of alcohol 10th to 20th April

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, Fatman666 said:

Does not affect me. A lot of small shops where i live, will sell to me my afternoon beers anyway. Only different will be the transport for the few meters to my home. Have to use instead a plastic bag my old small backpack,  where a six pack of Big Chang can be placed easily.

Get them to use the black plastic bags which nobody knows the contents of ????

Edited by MaiDong
  • Like 1

Does not affect me. A lot of small shops where i live, will sell to me my afternoon beers anyway. Only different will be the transport for the few meters to my home. Have to use instead a plastic bag my old small backpack,  where a six pack of Big Chang can be placed easily.

And so you should be using your backpack, always. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nikmar said:

After my initial child like sulking , Ive started thinking along the lines of it being a good thing for me. Ive already packed in the cigarettes and now i can have a dry out as well. I WILL be a better man.

You hope

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

I used to love Leo, but it seems to have changed considerably, for the worse too. 

When i was back in the UK last summer I was amazed at the choice, and the flavours! Coming back here was a turning point, beer wise.

And cheaper in the UK

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fatman666 said:

it will affect you. these small shops stock up every 2 days from makro etc.

can't be compared to a 1-2 day buddhist ban

• Like 2

1 minute ago, johng said:

Yes they changed the taste when the government put up taxes on alcohol a few years ago..they also sneakily  reduced the  actual beer in the bottle   from 630 to 620 ML  but covered that with a new

sticker on the neck of the bottle.

1919877327_630-620mlP_20161206_160936(Large).thumb.jpg.dab56d9900bd9905f53b8b5170411ae4.jpg

P_20161206_160533.thumb.jpg.2838f84ec011690dcb3bd47702bb56db.jpg

Is that right? Interesting. Sneaky. 

I often wonder if it's me that's changed, sometimes maybe it is, sometimes not. 

6 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

it will affect you. these small shops stock up every 2 days from makro etc.

can't be compared to a 1-2 day buddhist ban

no no i live here the 6th year, on the main road are 2 big shops with a lot of boxes of beers. They sell also alcohol on special holidays back door for Thais only. The small shop owners can buying also on Buddhist holidays or on election days. Jumping on the motorbike and in between a couple of minutes refill of beer is guaranteed 365 days a year.

So no problem for sure. I will go visit at 5 pm to my favourit shop and will confirm that with him. 

• Like 1

no no i live here the 6th year, on the main road are 2 big shops with a lot of boxes of beers. They sell also alcohol on special holidays back door for Thais only. The small shop owners can buying also on Buddhist holidays or on election days. Jumping on the motorbike and in between a couple of minutes refill of beer is guaranteed 365 days a year.

So no problem for sure. I will go visit at 5 pm to my favourit shop and will confirm that with him. 

They are ramping up the penalties for illegal sales so don't be so sure!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1