BANGKOK

When you swim with sharks, expect to be eaten. Any relationship which requires gold should be terminated.

• Like 2

Bye Bye Miss American  (Thai) Pie..............

39 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

isn't that about the average salary for an office lady in bangkok with a decent job?

No.  Most of them make about 12,000b a month if that.  The employers here exploit all of them, especially the women.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Gold is her pension, the rest is just living expenses.  Either understand  that or ditch her, but if you ditch her, it's not her fault for asking, its yours for not understanding the 'deal' in a Thai Farang relationship.    She is just being normal. I had a 'deal' with my wife for the first 10 years of our relationship, until she qualified for half my pension when I died.  Each year I would buy her one item of 1 Baht gold on her birthday, or upgrade one, 1 Baht item to a 2 Baht item. It worked out well for us both.  We both own that gold now and trade it as we require. 

1 bath gold once in a while for birthday Christmas or so , is far of from 150/200 k gold ….in one chop …..

What if she see this as a final goodbye payment  …. never had a thought for that ….a finale squeeze before looking (or having already ) replacement boyfriend …?

Edited by david555

55 minutes ago, Davo369 said:

Buy her a shovel and then tell her to dig for it

Is this what they do in rice fields?

A friend's company bought a house for his "manager," to live in near HH.  She has seven relatives living there.  She is a "nice" girl, of course, but she sure does know lower Sukhumvit well.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

No.  Most of them make about 12,000b a month if that.  The employers here exploit all of them, especially the women.  

well, i didn't know that.  mine was making 20k plus end of year bonus, some of her friends working for banks doing collections are making up to 30k.

You been so far very generous for her. Likely she been talking to some bar girl friends and they tend to brag amongst eachother..

Anyway before i tell u how to handle this what’s her and ur age and what was her last job and her education?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Yeah baby!  It's a buyers market!!!  Tons of available, slightly used merchandise.  You should be like a kid in a candy store.  

His only problem is that he's in his home country not Thailand. Utube videos are no substitute. He is long distancing his relationship.

• Like 1

Congratulations, OP! The one of the best questions you could ask on this forum!

• Like 1