my girlfriend wants gold

kiever

Gold diggers are everywhere, not just Thailand. It's in the genes. Women have always traded their beauty for resource and always will.

Feminists blame the patriarchal society. Hardly anybody takes them seriously because they're not real women.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Yes it would, if we make the assumption work in the rice fields is available every day. There are times when it grows by itself.

when you quote a monthly wage it is assumed that there is monthly work... but you know that.. right?

51 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

Let me guess, your batting well above your average?  There is no need for a realistic, grounded and caring westerner to enter a "deal" to have an honest, loving and respectful relationship with a Thai woman.  And then there are people like yourself, if you must have a Ferrari then you are going to get ripped off when you have it serviced.

You are taking the word 'deal' too literally, that was not my meaning.  It was and is still, a loving understanding between two people from differing cultures.

23 hours ago, zhounan said:

This is the RIGHT time to realize that you should stay very far from Thai girls.

And DON'T give your money to the girls, don't spoil them, otherwise they're only with you for money and comfort.

Thai woman are used to have many sexual relationship, no matter what you done for them or how many years have been together. 

Take this advice from me like I'm your big brother:
Run away as soon as you can, don't let it ruin your life.

The most important thing is that the GF talked to another woman who advised her to start milking the cow.

Most times the friends of a GF start the craziness.

Just jump ship.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

You are taking the word 'deal' too literally, that was not my meaning.  It was and is still, a loving understanding between two people from differing cultures.

Besides the point, your justifying the fact the guy is giving her 15 to 20k a month and then asking for gold on top of that.  You should know this is not the culture of the majority Thai women.  You also mention "understanding the 'deal' in a Thai Farang relationship" are you saying she wouldn't request the same from a Thai man?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

my wife is a terrific saver as is most of her family. I know many Thai who have saved money to build houses and prepare for larger expenditures... I doubt the % is too much different than it is in the West... I have heard that 50% of people in USA don't have $400 in the bank... 

Yes, there are some for sure. Same as my wife. But for a good reason the private debts in Thailand are very high. Also his gf lives for free in his house, he buys the food, pays the travels, buys her clothes, etc. She has no costs except for her own fun. The US people usually work but earn not enough to safe money because they have costs for rent, etc. 

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

of course there is still some exception and i am sure your is ''different''

Funny describing a non-prostitute as "different" 

Overheard at your family gathering back in the old country:

'Everyone, Steve got himself a wife from Thailand, this is Nok everyone.'

'Hi Nok.'

'Welcome to Manchester!

'Khop khun ka~'

'Oh and Nok is different too arent you Nok?'

'Ka' 

'How so?'

'Well you see, she's NOT a prostitute!'

(people cheering)

Uncle Bob: That's splendid! A toast perhaps!

Edited by WhereIsMyRyeBread
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

when you quote a monthly wage it is assumed that there is monthly work... but you know that.. right?

I did say AVERAGE wage. That means there will be months where they earn more, and months.....oh, forget it. If you want to be a pedant, try somewhere else.

Gold is the same as cash. It can be sold as soon as she gets it. My wife has told me the same story about this and that friend getting monthly money and expensive gifts.  I told her I didn't marry a prostitute.  So stop acting like your money for sex friends. But I also add that I respect her for working in her own business and that is why I take care of our daily living expenses.(rent,clothing, food travel etc.)Her money is hers to do whatever she pleases.  And it is up to me how she will be taken care of after I die. My lawyer has the guide lines of any payments to her. Death by natural causes     only. So it is best she take good care of me. And not arrange  any balcony mishaps as I am not suicidal.  

8 minutes ago, atyclb said:

the ferrari analogy is not persuasive. hardly any of these girls are finely tuned or precision engineered.

???? not sure about that, i reckon iv'e seen a few in BKK.  Where would you say Ferrari's are more frequent?

You got money but you also got your head in the sand like many here!

First you can't apply many of the western thinking to Thailand. One thing about the West although there are women all over the world looking for an handout security western women in general have much better education and want to also make it on their own even want to wear the pants.

The women you have isn't that one bit just the fact out of your own mouth you pay for everything, you really shouldn't complain because you pick her knowing exactly what you got even shaped her for how many years now?

You actually think you was milking the cow for so little, every women thinks about her future since you haven't married her since you met let me enlighten you a Thai women with a foreigner what she is getting is a lost of face and she has brought into it because of her lack of education!  Don't start with any of that nonsense she went to college had an office job etc.  An Asian women especially here in Thailand if that was true she could make it on her own wouldn't in general want to be with a foreigner they rather be with their own kind that love at first sight is slim and none sure it happens but the more you give the more she loves. These Thai women get together start comparing and start talking her views I've heard a million times this time she happens to mention gold.

Gold is property you think what you giving her is much it is chump change what she is hearing from friends and family. Security is what a women wants their clock is ticking she wants gold, then a house for her and her mother after that a car and after that marriage.  Security Security they know why you came to Thailand and like so many at some point get tired of vanilla and want to open that box of chocolate again! 

You want milk you got to buy the cow!  you can't have you cake and eat it too even in Thailand?????

If you have a long term relationship and she is living with you all the time, then she is depending on you 100%. Very nice that you take good care of her.

Thailand is like USA, Europe 50 years ago: love was not the only thing, women also looked if the man had a good job, could provide enough money. Nothing new here. 

What her girl friends tell her about their boy friends is a kind of pressure. My neighbour was a pastor, held mass every sunday for "aliens" with their thai girl friends / wives. After mass some talking and drinking, thai women talking together. After a few months he asked the men to leave the ladies at home, because after mass, returning at home, many men got problems: women telling the men that their friends had received gold, cars, houses. One even more, bigger than the other, all showing off. They turned the guys mad. So after some time no more ladies in church.

What your friend's friends do is not your business, you have your own business, you have your own financial situation. And she has to understand that. 

It strikes me that many persons here on this blog are exploiting women, especially now in this sad situation.

I wonder what they would say if the lady in guestion would be their daughter or sister.

Your friend is with you for some time now. She could have worked, saved money.

No social safety net. What happens when you say goodbye to her from one day to another. Can she work, find a job quickly? She has some capital to start her own little shop? Can she live for some time without having to beg her friends or family?

Gold is an Insurance for bad times. Sad, that the price is high at this moment.

What do you think? Is she loyal, trustworthy? 

What when her family finds out about the gold, will they try to get it from her?

Is there some other way that you can give her some financial independence?

Something that can grow each year, that she stays with you?

Maybe buy some piece of land, put some teak trees on it (long term investment).

Make her happy within your possibilities. Wheel of Buddha: good things come back to you.

But don't let her use you.

Good luck and stay safe together.

• Like 1

so she has decided that after 2.5 years, she has waited long enough , i.e. the long game, and its time to cash in...

or another girl has put a bug in her ear about what your girl "deserves".

either way, just like a toothache, this wont go away without something being removed, some of your wealth, or her...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

IT really doesnt matter if she is Thai. Maybe Thai directly ask straight at one point

In my life i have had enough experience to see mostly all women are the same.

Or i attract those women somehow? 

European, Antillian, Indonesian, Philipine, all the same, only style is different. 

I ve met it , seen it, heard it from others. No matter what you ever do, at one point they are talking money.

And it can go really fast or very slow, as in a built up. 

Love? What's love got to do with it, it's just a second hand emotion. Like Tina sung.

In the beginning lots of things are possible, but later on the pages of the book goes faster to the end of the book.

The pink glasses are on.

THe OP also now has this experience. And im not surprised, welcome to the amazing world of relations.

Women make each other as well crazy, by telling what to do or not. ANd they listen to each other and then ..execute. You are collateral damage.

Im involved now, with older age, in a relation with Thai woman, we only differ 8 years.

Out of the blue, this year, she started to mention...gold, after "knowing " her for now almost 5 years. 

And as i said, it doesnt matter what you've ever done good, but now needs gold. 

She mentioned it in shy way, but never the less, she did. She still works and has a good job.  

I asked her to whom she talked and of course you will not get an answer on that one.

Im sure someone whispered it in her ear. Once she told me, in the beginning, page 2, she got the advice to let me buy a condo in Thailand, so i should come back. Advice from another woman. 

Yha the amazing world of relations with women.

My take would be the girl is frightened if she loses you she has little or no income, but for me that is husband and wife stuff, not boyfriend and girlfriend, as others have posted you know her best but there are  many horror stories and i know of one that is not a story, horrific for  the poor  farang who was pleased to be helping his new girlfriend

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The trouble with Thai women is they listen to much to what other people are telling them. My boyfriend gives me 40000 baht a month and he gives me 2 baht gold every six months. They get jealous and then try to get that from you. I heard these stories for over 30 years. Dump her now and just move on and try to find a woman that has a good job and not a bar girl. 

That's a bad batch. Why do you accept it. Do you think it's going to stop in the future? Well it wont. Give her a sum of 50000bht. Tell her that this money is for her to live 5 months and to get a new bf. Or if she even ONCE is saying anything bad to you then you just say goodbye and finally go live a happy life

4 hours ago, kenk24 said:

That has not been true for a long long time... in my area in Central Thailand, even Burmese immigrants were getting over 8000 per month... 

I'll quickly ask you in which province and especially which Amphoe ..
 in our province of Sakon Nakhon, even if the minimum salary is 300 baht it is very rare that it is actually given; it is much more often 220 to 250 baht per day; and it is even rarer that a farm worker can work every day of the month; when he has managed to earn 5,000 baht in his month he can feel very satisfied.

It is in any case a funny question that makes people talk ..
We see that many of you do not know how to occupy your long days