Waterfalls In Kanchanaburi

sutnyod

Hi,

I plan to go to see some waterfalls in Kanchanaburi (mind is quite set on Huai Khamin) later in April, but am not sure whether they are all "on" during this time of the year. Is there any water in them? Which ones are dry, which ones are "perennial"?

Thanks for the advice

Huay Mae Khamin Waterfall

Level Four.

This place is in Kanchanaburi Province. Go to Erawan Waterfall and just passed that there is a turn off to your left to Srinakharin Dam National Park. Only 42 kms thereafter on a very rough no tarmac road you will reach it. This was my second time there, but went there on that rough road. Near on 2 hours on that road to go 42 kms. I would not advise this road during the rainy season. Use the other route.

See below:-

The first time, I went the long way around on an easier way, on two ferries across the Srinakarin Reservoir. Great views there as well along that way. Go during the "Rainy Season" then the Waterfall should be as full as you have see in my photo.

Should you wish to go there, take a Thai with you that knows the area and way.

Took me 4 hours there and 4 hours back with a whole group of people. On your own it should not take you that long.

large.jpg

Level 3

Just a short walk down from Level 4

large.jpg

large.jpg

More photo here

It has been raining in Kan over the week-end so you could be lucky with the amount of water in late April.

I go there in August, best time for me.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :o

Thank you very much, Kan Win. I seem to have seen your site before, when I googled and it came up. Pictures like yours made me want to go there... Thanks for sharing them.

Took me 4 hours there and 4 hours back with a whole group of people. On your own it should not take you that long.

What do you mean? Was that because of several ferry trips necessary to ship a big group of people? Or because of the rainy season roads? Or both?

It looks like you had your own transport. I don't have a car, but wanted to take public buses and the ferry. Is that feasible? Or rather rent a car?

Kind regards

S.

Thank you very much, Kan Win. I seem to have seen your site before, when I googled and it came up. Pictures like yours made me want to go there... Thanks for sharing them.

What do you mean? Was that because of several ferry trips necessary to ship a big group of people? Or because of the rainy season roads? Or both?

My Family went with me, hence the number of stops one had to make along the road, food etc :D .

It looks like you had your own transport. Yes

I don't have a car, but wanted to take public buses "Kan not to there" and the ferry. Is that feasible? No

Better rent a car? with a Thai Driver.

Kind regards

S.

Welcome to Kan :D The Real Wild West of Thailand. :o

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Huay Mae Khamin Waterfall

This place is in Kanchanaburi Province. Go to Erawan Waterfall and just passed that there is a turn off to your left to Srinakharin Dam National Park. Only 42 kms thereafter on a very rough no tarmac road you will reach it. This was my second time there, but went there on that rough road. Near on 2 hours on that road to go 42 kms. I would not advise this road during the rainy season. Use the other route.

A quick question about the alternate dirt road to Huay Mae Khamin WF: Assuming that the road stays dry, is it in decent enough shape for a regular sedan (such as a Honda Accord) to negotiate? I passed by this road last year (a few kms past the entrance to Erawan WF) and was tempted to take it all the way to HMK, but wasn't sure about the road condition of the entire route.

A quick question about the alternate dirt road to Huay Mae Khamin WF: Assuming that the road stays dry, is it in decent enough shape for a regular sedan (such as a Honda Accord) to negotiate? I passed by this road last year (a few kms past the entrance to Erawan WF) and was tempted to take it all the way to HMK, but wasn't sure about the road condition of the entire route. 4WD is what I drive and it was :D Scary

As of the last disaster at a waterfalls in Trad :o (this one will or should not happen there) but on the road to there, should it rain, well then only the Gods and the local people are with you.

Option, really is going by the two ferry’s, but, then that would be the option that I would choose to take a Honda Accord, during the rainy season, unless you brave that road. More scenic way is going by “the two ferry’s” :D

One must always remember the weather conditions, going to remote parts of Thailand and “Kan is the Wild West”. :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win