No change in curfew hours

snoop1130

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, it´s probably going to hurt many expats in Thailand. It might even improve their health. God forbid! How horrible and cruel.

It hurts everyone, nobody likes to be treated as children, and selling alcohol or not has no influence whatsoever on the spread of the virus. The curfew would be more than enough. Sick and tired of governments treating people like little children. And sick and tired of people actually applauding this ! Maybe if the government treats us as children, we refrain from paying any taxes ? Tit for tat.

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, with your post you confirm that the government should treat people like children. Not pay taxes, tit for tat. Really childish comment. ????:clap2:

You have never considered that alcohol does two things with people:

• Make them do stupid things and gives the feeling of being invincible (Not a good combination together with a virus outbreak and a curfew)
  • Lower peoples health, immunity and defense system (Not a good combination together with a virus outbreak and a curfew)

I sincerely hope that puts your feeling of being treated like a child, into a more realistic perspective.

No, not really of course. A childish and absolutely unnecessary measure like this indeed warrents a tit for Tat, if the government refuses to treat me in the right way, why would it expect me to not treat them in the exact same way ? It is hardly rocket science. 

There already is a curfew, so the chance that people are acting stupidily outside of their own homes is minimal.

The government needs to understand that it asks a great sacrifice from their citizens, and that these sacrifices are not exactly enshrined in the law (quite the opposite). it is therefore idiotic to ban the sale of alcohol, and typcially it is not done anywhere in the west. There governments actually use their brains. 

The ban on alcohol sale does absolutely nothing to curb the spread of the virus, and has the potential to achieve the opposite effect, you cannot fix stupid. 

And yes, I put the feeling being treated as a child into perspective, maybe if governments the world over put a little bit of trust in people actually observing social distancing, the economic shutdown of whole societies for that extra 5% security would not be needed. But hey panic was never a good way to make decisions....

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, vogie said:

These are the district restrictions from Richard Barrow.

Ban on the sale of alcohol in #Thailand:
????Bangkok 10-20 Apr
????Sakon Nakhon 31 Mar-16 Apr
????Chiang Mai 10-20 Apr
????Rayong 3-15 Apr
????Buriram 2-30 Apr
????Mukdahan 6-30 Apr
????Suphan Buri 4-30 Apr
????Nakhon Pathom 2-30 Apr
????Lamphun 1-30 Apr
????Chonburi from 6pm-6am
????Surin 2-30 Apr

That reminds me a little bit of the mess when the lockdown started here in germany a couple of weeks ago- schools were closed in some states already (Bavaria, Schleswig-Holstein) while elsewhere "party" was still going on. But then again germany is a federal system and every prime minister wanted to decide himself. Hasn't Thailand much more a centralised gouvernement, where those decisions are made countrywide from Bangkok only?

1 hour ago, LennyW said:

For Rayong province it is correct.

image.png.8d3037a743c19fbd0323941099bfb438.png

well it clearly is not is it because it can still be bought at many minor outlets. There is a big big difference in this country to what is pronounced and what happens on the ground.  Surely the whole idea of a forum is to pass on the actuality, not just the wish. 

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

well it clearly is not is it because it can still be bought at many minor outlets. There is a big big difference in this country to what is pronounced and what happens on the ground.  Surely the whole idea of a forum is to pass on the actuality, not just the wish. 

Actually it is to pass on what is and is not currently lawful to keep us all out of trouble.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

The thing here is that you refuse to understand that the government is treating you in the right way. It seems like your urge to drink alcohol gets the upper hand on your judgement.

Yes, there is a curfew, and over 1 000 persons have been breaking it already and will have to stand trial for that. Many of those cases also related to gathering, party and alcohol. Where is minimal now?

You have to understand that you have to sacrifice, for others health and wellbeing, as well as a lower amount of deaths. If you look at the numbers of cases, infected and deaths in the western world, your can see where the idiotic part in your discussion is. Thailand has been taking good care of containing the spread of the virus. Maybe you think it´s hard measures, but apparently it is working. Be happy for that. You see how it looks where as you chose to say "governments use their brains".

Drinking alcohol often leads to poor decisions made be a large amount of people. One of those can be partying, gathering and breaking the curfew. No apparently there is no fixing stupid, when people can not understand that they have to sacrifice a little to win more. Realize that you are talking about alcohol. A thing that is absolutely unnecessary and have no benefit for anyone. In other words, you are behaving like a child and crying over something totally insignificant. Good job!

At last you are repeating yourself. Why didn´t you go back to stay in your home country when it was still time if that is so much better? The answer is very simple, right? You feel safer in Thailand! Then just accept the rules and abide by them until this is over. Then you can get your, as it sounds on you, fix of alcohol again.

there is one really big assumption here in the statement

"If you look at the numbers of cases, infected and deaths in the western world, your can see where the idiotic part in your discussion is. Thailand has been taking good care of containing the spread of the virus. Maybe you think it´s hard measures, but apparently it is working. ",

You are assuming that the reported numbers are true. Do we really believe in the numbers that are being reported?

9 minutes ago, Thaindrew said:

You are assuming that the reported numbers are true. Do we really believe in the numbers that are being reported?

Actually the numbers are clearly reflective of those that have been seaking hospital treatment for the most part and I do believe they are valid in that respect.  Obviously the majority of cases never get to that point so are not documented (but by the same token they are not as serious or life threatening to those that have - but a danger to those that do not and the reason for social distancing rules).  This has also been helped by it not being virus season weather wise here and a willingness by most to actually use masks to help limit spread.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thaindrew said:

there is one really big assumption here in the statement

"If you look at the numbers of cases, infected and deaths in the western world, your can see where the idiotic part in your discussion is. Thailand has been taking good care of containing the spread of the virus. Maybe you think it´s hard measures, but apparently it is working. ",

As post #44 states, the numbers regards known cases that has been recorded by hospitals and government administration in Thailand. That will mean you can trust them same much as the numbers from any country due to that they create their reports on the same facts.

The cases that get the virus in their homes, get a little bit bad and recover by themself, you do not get any reports of in any country.

Washington state gov'nors response to liquor bans:

"Pot shops and many, if not most, liquor stores in this state are considered “essential businesses” and can stay open under Gov. Jay Inslee’s stay-at-home order issued Monday"

even the pot shops are essential!

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/whew-in-coronavirus-closures-state-pot-and-liquor-stores-can-stay-open-sales-have-spiked-for-a-while/

Edited by i84teen

8 minutes ago, i84teen said:

Washington state gov'nors response to liquor bans:

"Pot shops and many, if not most, liquor stores in this state are considered “essential businesses” and can stay open under Gov. Jay Inslee’s stay-at-home order issued Monday"

even the pot shops are essential!

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/whew-in-coronavirus-closures-state-pot-and-liquor-stores-can-stay-open-sales-have-spiked-for-a-while/

Gun shops are - why not pot shops?  ????

• Haha 2

The only place I've seen my favorite (Bowmore) was Villa at Baht 3,000. It's too far to go for one item and too expensive for my monthly Villa run.  I guess I'll have to make do with SangSom if I fall off the wagon (I've got a bottle and 1/2 in the cupboard) ???? 

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

The thing here is that you refuse to understand that the government is treating you in the right way. It seems like your urge to drink alcohol gets the upper hand on your judgement.

Yes, there is a curfew, and over 1 000 persons have been breaking it already and will have to stand trial for that. Many of those cases also related to gathering, party and alcohol. Where is minimal now?

You have to understand that you have to sacrifice, for others health and wellbeing, as well as a lower amount of deaths. If you look at the numbers of cases, infected and deaths in the western world, your can see where the idiotic part in your discussion is. Thailand has been taking good care of containing the spread of the virus. Maybe you think it´s hard measures, but apparently it is working. Be happy for that. You see how it looks where as you chose to say "governments use their brains".

Drinking alcohol often leads to poor decisions made be a large amount of people. One of those can be partying, gathering and breaking the curfew. No apparently there is no fixing stupid, when people can not understand that they have to sacrifice a little to win more. Realize that you are talking about alcohol. A thing that is absolutely unnecessary and have no benefit for anyone. In other words, you are behaving like a child and crying over something totally insignificant. Good job!

At last you are repeating yourself. Why didn´t you go back to stay in your home country when it was still time if that is so much better? The answer is very simple, right? You feel safer in Thailand! Then just accept the rules and abide by them until this is over. Then you can get your, as it sounds on you, fix of alcohol again.

My urge to drink alcohol ? Wow  1000 people breached the curfew, out of 68 million, Nowhere was it stated that alcohol was the main reason for those people breaking the curfew. But hey, you can't let people drink a little alcohol out of the comfort of their own homes, the idea !

As to the much higher infection rate in the west, could have several reasons, much higher density of people, better testing, you name it. Banning alcohol has nothing to do with all of this of course, which was the exact point I am trying to make. Why make it even harder for people with no scientific reason whatsoever ? 

This is a government that just three weeks ago, let thousands and thousands of people go back to the provinces, effectively ensuring the virus would spread to the rest of the country. It seems you are completely confused by your remark how good the Thai government has been taking care of containing the spread of the virus. 

Luckily I am not in Thailand, I am in the west, where I can actually drink alcohol, where there is no curfew, and where even in countries where there is a more rigorous regime, I can still enter, because my profession is deemed critical, so I can travel to do my work.

Spare me the <deleted>, yes it is important to break the spread of the virus. But there must be a way to do it without causing more problems than the virus actually is capable of doing. And especially in countries like Thailand, where there is no social security to speak off, the longer this will take, the more non virus death will happen, people have to eat and drink to survive. 

In any case, banning alcohol does nothing to stop the spread of the virus. 

2 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Just taking issue with this part of your post. Respectfully disagree. There would be people that would violate isolation if under the influence. If just stopping that one idiot saves my life, then I will drink to that (from the safety of my condo in absolute isolation).

2 hours ago, J Town said:

Just taking issue with this part of your post. Respectfully disagree. There would be people that would violate isolation if under the influence. If just stopping that one idiot saves my life, then I will drink to that (from the safety of my condo in absolute isolation).

If you don't break the cerfew, you can't be infected is the logical conclusion...

2 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

My urge to drink alcohol ? Wow  1000 people breached the curfew, out of 68 million, Nowhere was it stated that alcohol was the main reason for those people breaking the curfew. But hey, you can't let people drink a little alcohol out of the comfort of their own homes, the idea !

As to the much higher infection rate in the west, could have several reasons, much higher density of people, better testing, you name it. Banning alcohol has nothing to do with all of this of course, which was the exact point I am trying to make. Why make it even harder for people with no scientific reason whatsoever ? 

This is a government that just three weeks ago, let thousands and thousands of people go back to the provinces, effectively ensuring the virus would spread to the rest of the country. It seems you are completely confused by your remark how good the Thai government has been taking care of containing the spread of the virus. 

Luckily I am not in Thailand, I am in the west, where I can actually drink alcohol, where there is no curfew, and where even in countries where there is a more rigorous regime, I can still enter, because my profession is deemed critical, so I can travel to do my work.

Spare me the <deleted>, yes it is important to break the spread of the virus. But there must be a way to do it without causing more problems than the virus actually is capable of doing. And especially in countries like Thailand, where there is no social security to speak off, the longer this will take, the more non virus death will happen, people have to eat and drink to survive. 

Never said that I am against people that wants to drink alcohol in their own homes. What I am talking about is the big thing people make about an alcohol ban.The hords that go stockpiling. Alcohol is not a necessity, but these people and all that complains on this forum and everywhere else is making it look like that.

You say the spread of infection in west can have many reasons, but after that you are sure alcohol have nothing to do with it. Yep, Great Mr Doctor! You know as well as me that Thai people buy booze and get together drinking it. When available nothing can stop that. This is their country and the ban is mostly for their own citizens. However, as a foreigner you have to got with the flow and it can´t be as bad and horrible as so many try to make it. If so, there must be an urge, people are dependant on alcohol or pure alcoholism.

Have the fact that people were sent home maximised a spread and have you heard of overcrowded hospitals because of that? No you have not, so they have still taken much better care in Thailand than governments in most other countries. Prove me wrong instead of just empty talk.

I congratulate you, to not have to be in Thailand at this pressing time where you would have to run to the shops and supermarkets just to get the fix for some time. There is no curfew and you can drink alcohol. Great, but I am pretty sure you have more infected people in the hospitals and more deaths, right? Also nice for you to have a work that might make you have the need to travel by air and visit other countries at a time like that. You sound so proud over that they need you and you can make a difference, and you should be. Just hope that you do not have to travel to any of the most infected parts of any country because of your much needed work.

I should spare you the <deleted>, and it´s important to limit and contain the spread of the virus. Yes, there we agree! Eureka!

Anything else in the last paragraph included with the last sentence, is only words to promote the need of a non-necessary product.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:14 PM, snoop1130 said:

No change in curfew hours

By THE NATION

800_16dc1795e435b26.png

The current curfew hours from 10pm to 4am will be maintained, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government's Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Thursday (April 9).

Well, let's hope it really wouldn't get any worse,.... apart from 2 other provinces, that cannot be named......

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Never said that I am against people that wants to drink alcohol in their own homes. What I am talking about is the big thing people make about an alcohol ban.The hords that go stockpiling. Alcohol is not a necessity, but these people and all that complains on this forum and everywhere else is making it look like that.

You say the spread of infection in west can have many reasons, but after that you are sure alcohol have nothing to do with it. Yep, Great Mr Doctor! You know as well as me that Thai people buy booze and get together drinking it. When available nothing can stop that. This is their country and the ban is mostly for their own citizens. However, as a foreigner you have to got with the flow and it can´t be as bad and horrible as so many try to make it. If so, there must be an urge, people are dependant on alcohol or pure alcoholism.

Have the fact that people were sent home maximised a spread and have you heard of overcrowded hospitals because of that? No you have not, so they have still taken much better care in Thailand than governments in most other countries. Prove me wrong instead of just empty talk.

I congratulate you, to not have to be in Thailand at this pressing time where you would have to run to the shops and supermarkets just to get the fix for some time. There is no curfew and you can drink alcohol. Great, but I am pretty sure you have more infected people in the hospitals and more deaths, right? Also nice for you to have a work that might make you have the need to travel by air and visit other countries at a time like that. You sound so proud over that they need you and you can make a difference, and you should be. Just hope that you do not have to travel to any of the most infected parts of any country because of your much needed work.

I should spare you the <deleted>, and it´s important to limit and contain the spread of the virus. Yes, there we agree! Eureka!

Anything else in the last paragraph included with the last sentence, is only words to promote the need of a non-necessary product.

They also eat together, should we ban the sale of food as well. It doesn't get any more ridicolous then this, are you for real ?

you are basing your "taking care" at numbers, numbers that are just that, numbers, the context of those numbers is something you neglect. It is obvious that in crowded areas with a high density of people, the number of infections and deaths are... higher. Hardly rocket science. It's mere logic. Not to mention that this government, is a continuation of a government that rose to power by means of an illegal coup, can we really trust those numbers ? Are deaths that are contributed to the virus not swept under the carpet here ? Do you have any evidence that the numbers are genuine and can be trusted, as considering the source, I have every reason to believe they cannot be trusted. 

Apart from all of that, can you provide relevant evidence that the banning the sale of alcohol has any noticeable effect on the spread of the virus ? You cannot and that is precisely the point. Is that really so hard to understand ? When people shop for "necessary products" they are smart enough to buy those "unecessary products" at the same time, therfore not having any influence on the risk of contracting the virus in the first place. But I get it, you need to vent some steam, by doing so, throwing logic completely out of the window. Scary stuff.

As to my work, I never claimed I am using air, and it's again hardly rocket science, if one observes the social distancing rules, one can be fairly sure not be infecteded or infecting others.

As to your rant about alcoholismn, absolutely crazy, people wanting to drink a few beers, or a few glasses of booze, in the comfort of their own homes are not alcoholist, they are humans. What's the point of all of this if we get a world where pleasure is being curbed, we might as well just die. 

Edited by sjaak327

On 4/9/2020 at 5:41 PM, vogie said:

These are the district restrictions from Richard Barrow.

Ban on the sale of alcohol in #Thailand:
????Bangkok 10-20 Apr
????Sakon Nakhon 31 Mar-16 Apr
????Chiang Mai 10-20 Apr
????Rayong 3-15 Apr
????Buriram 2-30 Apr
????Mukdahan 6-30 Apr
????Suphan Buri 4-30 Apr
????Nakhon Pathom 2-30 Apr
????Lamphun 1-30 Apr
????Chonburi from 6pm-6am
????Surin 2-30 Apr

Put Phitsanulok in that list too.

1 hour ago, sjaak327 said:

They also eat together, should we ban the sale of food as well. It doesn't get any more ridicolous then this, are you for real ?

you are basing your "taking care" at numbers, numbers that are just that, numbers, the context of those numbers is something you neglect. It is obvious that in crowded areas with a high density of people, the number of infections and deaths are... higher. Hardly rocket science. It's mere logic. Not to mention that this government, is a continuation of a government that rose to power by means of an illegal coup, can we really trust those numbers ? Are deaths that are contributed to the virus not swept under the carpet here ? Do you have any evidence that the numbers are genuine and can be trusted, as considering the source, I have every reason to believe they cannot be trusted. 

Apart from all of that, can you provide relevant evidence that the banning the sale of alcohol has any noticeable effect on the spread of the virus ? You cannot and that is precisely the point. Is that really so hard to understand ? When people shop for "necessary products" they are smart enough to buy those "unecessary products" at the same time, therfore not having any influence on the risk of contracting the virus in the first place. But I get it, you need to vent some steam, by doing so, throwing logic completely out of the window. Scary stuff.

As to my work, I never claimed I am using air, and it's again hardly rocket science, if one observes the social distancing rules, one can be fairly sure not be infecteded or infecting others.

As to your rant about alcoholismn, absolutely crazy, people wanting to drink a few beers, or a few glasses of booze, in the comfort of their own homes are not alcoholist, they are humans. What's the point of all of this if we get a world where pleasure is being curbed, we might as well just die. 

You will stand for the ridiculous part all by your own! We were discussing necessities, right? Eating is necessary, right? Drinking alcohol is not, right? You see how ridiculous your comment was now?

Why would you have a reason to believe that the reported deaths and hospitalized infection cases are fake? Then they will probably be that in more countries too.

You ask for relevant evidence that banning alcohol sales will have a curbing effect on spreading the virus. As well as you have no evidence that it wont, I have of course not any evidence you ask for. However, I have the experience of, and knowledge of Thai people and how they are sharing alcohol and gathering together at those times. That as well as the knowledge of how hard it is to change the rooted behaviour and traditions regarding Thai people, will be taken in as a proof of a higher risk factor with easy access to alcohol. You are the one throwing that logic out of the window. Scary? Not really, but still the reality.

You do not need to mention that you use air. You already mentioned the word countries, which means more than one. I suppose you will not drive across all different borders or walk to work then. I guess hitch hiking will also be out of the question. Sorry, I just took for granted you used airplane.

Yes, alcoholism! If people need to stock pile and rush to the shops and supermarkets for getting enough alcohol, then that will be close to the definition of alcoholism. Going buying a few beers as usual and then wait out the ban, would be a more mature and sensible way of behaviour. Not panic and run to the shop to make sure they are not empty. That´s a clear sign of the feel of need, which also is a clear sign of problem controlling the intake of alcohol which is the start of what is the definition of alcoholism.

This whole thread is a big joke, of desperate people that can´t stand the reality of being without alcohol for a couple of days, weeks or month. I am just sad to see humanity deteriorating in such a moronic fashion. Just see too that you have enough in the lockers now. I will not discuss this no more, due to it´s low level of discussing a totally unnecessary product. Cheers!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

You will stand for the ridiculous part all by your own! We were discussing necessities, right? Eating is necessary, right? Drinking alcohol is not, right? You see how ridiculous your comment was now?

Why would you have a reason to believe that the reported deaths and hospitalized infection cases are fake? Then they will probably be that in more countries too.

You ask for relevant evidence that banning alcohol sales will have a curbing effect on spreading the virus. As well as you have no evidence that it wont, I have of course not any evidence you ask for. However, I have the experience of, and knowledge of Thai people and how they are sharing alcohol and gathering together at those times. That as well as the knowledge of how hard it is to change the rooted behaviour and traditions regarding Thai people, will be taken in as a proof of a higher risk factor with easy access to alcohol. You are the one throwing that logic out of the window. Scary? Not really, but still the reality.

You do not need to mention that you use air. You already mentioned the word countries, which means more than one. I suppose you will not drive across all different borders or walk to work then. I guess hitch hiking will also be out of the question. Sorry, I just took for granted you used airplane.

Yes, alcoholism! If people need to stock pile and rush to the shops and supermarkets for getting enough alcohol, then that will be close to the definition of alcoholism. Going buying a few beers as usual and then wait out the ban, would be a more mature and sensible way of behaviour. Not panic and run to the shop to make sure they are not empty. That´s a clear sign of the feel of need, which also is a clear sign of problem controlling the intake of alcohol which is the start of what is the definition of alcoholism.

This whole thread is a big joke, of desperate people that can´t stand the reality of being without alcohol for a couple of days, weeks or month. I am just sad to see humanity deteriorating in such a moronic fashion. Just see too that you have enough in the lockers now. I will not discuss this no more, due to it´s low level of discussing a totally unnecessary product. Cheers!

Get off your sermon stance. It's so boring.

So poorly informed. It's frankly embarrassing. However your Modus operandi.

One regulation I do think was sensible was Chonburi (I believe) where they closed sales of alcohol between 6pm till early morning. Only thing bit silly was the 6pm should of been 2pm.

The whole reason the booze thing came in (imho) was spike in cases in bkk in the younger group of THAI catching up outside of curfew. Most farang and others can buy some booze in morning and relax through the evening at home in civil manner.

Your multiple posts throughout this thread demonstrate little idea of maintaining isolation rules and balance with social compliance.