No change in curfew hours

snoop1130

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Get off your sermon stance. It's so boring.

So poorly informed. It's frankly embarrassing. However your Modus operandi.

One regulation I do think was sensible was Chonburi (I believe) where they closed sales of alcohol between 6pm till early morning. Only thing bit silly was the 6pm should of been 2pm.

The whole reason the booze thing came in (imho) was spike in cases in bkk in the younger group of THAI catching up outside of curfew. Most farang and others can buy some booze in morning and relax through the evening at home in civil manner.

Your multiple posts throughout this thread demonstrate little idea of maintaining isolation rules and balance with social compliance.

If it´s so boring, why do you even bother and waste your time on it? Where am I poorly informed? Maybe you better understand that I am engaging in a discussion with posters I disagree with. Yeah, you know, the meaning with an open forum and a discussion board.

I have full knowledge about the importance of isolation, social compliance and all the things you can do and wear to protect yourself but that was not a part of the discussion I had with posters replying on my first post. Again read up on what you are posting on, and just not take a post out of the blue.

Anyway, It´s good that you use the acronym "IMHO", because that is telling all readers that you have little idea and actually only guessing as well. Have a great morning.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You will stand for the ridiculous part all by your own! We were discussing necessities, right? Eating is necessary, right? Drinking alcohol is not, right? You see how ridiculous your comment was now?

Why would you have a reason to believe that the reported deaths and hospitalized infection cases are fake? Then they will probably be that in more countries too.

You ask for relevant evidence that banning alcohol sales will have a curbing effect on spreading the virus. As well as you have no evidence that it wont, I have of course not any evidence you ask for. However, I have the experience of, and knowledge of Thai people and how they are sharing alcohol and gathering together at those times. That as well as the knowledge of how hard it is to change the rooted behaviour and traditions regarding Thai people, will be taken in as a proof of a higher risk factor with easy access to alcohol. You are the one throwing that logic out of the window. Scary? Not really, but still the reality.

You do not need to mention that you use air. You already mentioned the word countries, which means more than one. I suppose you will not drive across all different borders or walk to work then. I guess hitch hiking will also be out of the question. Sorry, I just took for granted you used airplane.

Yes, alcoholism! If people need to stock pile and rush to the shops and supermarkets for getting enough alcohol, then that will be close to the definition of alcoholism. Going buying a few beers as usual and then wait out the ban, would be a more mature and sensible way of behaviour. Not panic and run to the shop to make sure they are not empty. That´s a clear sign of the feel of need, which also is a clear sign of problem controlling the intake of alcohol which is the start of what is the definition of alcoholism.

This whole thread is a big joke, of desperate people that can´t stand the reality of being without alcohol for a couple of days, weeks or month. I am just sad to see humanity deteriorating in such a moronic fashion. Just see too that you have enough in the lockers now. I will not discuss this no more, due to it´s low level of discussing a totally unnecessary product. Cheers!

No, you were talking about necessities. I still maintain that banning alcohol sale does nothing to curb the spread of the virus. In fact since not all provinces have the same rules, it might trigger intra-provincial travel, which might even have a negative effect. But I guess logic is something both you and the Thai government don't see, or refuse to see. 

It is typical Thai, ban the sale of alochol because of drunk driving, instead of actually get the people that do drink and drive. The same here, instead of applying the law, and curb people socializing with or without alcohol, one bans the sale of alcohol, so that no-one, not even people that have every intention to consume alcohol in the privacy of their own homes, can buy it. And then you are surpised many people take issue with this ? 

Why are you surpised people are stockpiling it, in some provinces, the ban is for weeks. To call these people alcoholics quite clearly proves you are confused. Not everyone that likes to drink alcohol is an alcoholic, 

As to a totally uneccessary product, for you it might be, for many others it will not be. Classic how your own believes need to be applied to the rest of us. So incredibly selfish and childish. The world would be a much better place when people stop shoving their beliefs down everyones throat. Live and let live, but I supposed that is just a bridge too far right ? So sad you must be.

15 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

No, you were talking about necessities. I still maintain that banning alcohol sale does nothing to curb the spread of the virus. In fact since not all provinces have the same rules, it might trigger intra-provincial travel, which might even have a negative effect. But I guess logic is something both you and the Thai government don't see, or refuse to see. 

It is typical Thai, ban the sale of alochol because of drunk driving, instead of actually get the people that do drink and drive. The same here, instead of applying the law, and curb people socializing with or without alcohol, one bans the sale of alcohol, so that no-one, not even people that have every intention to consume alcohol in the privacy of their own homes, can buy it. And then you are surpised many people take issue with this ? 

Why are you surpised people are stockpiling it, in some provinces, the ban is for weeks. To call these people alcoholics quite clearly proves you are confused. Not everyone that likes to drink alcohol is an alcoholic, 

As to a totally uneccessary product, for you it might be, for many others it will not be. Classic how your own believes need to be applied to the rest of us. So incredibly selfish and childish. The world would be a much better place when people stop shoving their beliefs down everyones throat. Live and let live, but I supposed that is just a bridge too far right ? So sad you must be.

Really? No, I do not think that neither the Thai government or I will see that. In that case you are 100 % right. If it´s logic, though? That´s a hard nut to crack. You see it as logical that many people would make an inter-provincial trip just for getting the hold of and drink alcohol? Seriously? Were you not talking about that all this, according to you, was to see as an action that was not related to alcoholism? I strongly remember that you where on me for using that expression too much. Yeah, I actually believe you mentioned it was boring and totally wrong. So, you do not think that an inter-provincial trip out of the reason people can not get a hold of alcohol in their home province is a clear sign of alcoholism? In that case I suggest you research about the meaning of the word, and how far people generally are allowed to go before they fall in that box.

The reason for the ban is simple. It has nothing to do with people drinking in their homes or not. It has to do with that many people will also break the rules and get together and break the rules. It´s not as easy as you say to just go after all of them, due to that they will have hard to find all. Therefore some people that would have followed the rules, just have to get with the program and make a sacrifice for the safety of all. In other words suffer for irresponsible persons presumed behaviour. That is nothing specific here, it happens with many things for many people all over the world. Really? A ten to 30 day ban can´t be that bad.

Never said that all that likes to drink alcohol is an alcoholic? If so point it out, or stop blaming me for things I not post. I have been saying that it looks and, to me, is an alcoholic behaviour to stock pile an non-necessary product that has no benefits for the human body. Actually it is proven to have negative effects. I also like to drink a beer now and then, sometimes much more than one. I also drink shots, straights and drinks as well as a good bottle of wine. I would never fall as low, and embarrass my dignity to my own person to run stock pile just for a 10-30 day ban of sale.

I am not sad at all. I actually have a wonderful life with my family here in Thailand, during the pandemic. We have more time for each other and finding new jokes as well as new stuff to do everyday. Also, even if many will be, my businesses is not dead. They are blooming, so I have a lot to do there too. With that said, I also always find the time to sit down for a beer or a good whiskey. That alcohol is an unnecessary product is not my belief. Why are you lying and twisting the discussion creating false information? It´s scientifically proven that alcohol is a non-essential and a not necessary product for the human population. You say that it´s not for others. Yeah ok, then we are there again. If alcohol becomes a necessity or a necessary product for a person, then that person is to fall under the classification alcoholist. You just can´t get away from that. All you do is digging yourself deeper in a seemingly bottomless pit for you.

13 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Really? No, I do not think that neither the Thai government or I will see that. In that case you are 100 % right. If it´s logic, though? That´s a hard nut to crack. You see it as logical that many people would make an inter-provincial trip just for getting the hold of and drink alcohol? Seriously? Were you not talking about that all this, according to you, was to see as an action that was not related to alcoholism? I strongly remember that you where on me for using that expression too much. Yeah, I actually believe you mentioned it was boring and totally wrong. So, you do not think that an inter-provincial trip out of the reason people can not get a hold of alcohol in their home province is a clear sign of alcoholism? In that case I suggest you research about the meaning of the word, and how far people generally are allowed to go before they fall in that box.

The reason for the ban is simple. It has nothing to do with people drinking in their homes or not. It has to do with that many people will also break the rules and get together and break the rules. It´s not as easy as you say to just go after all of them, due to that they will have hard to find all. Therefore some people that would have followed the rules, just have to get with the program and make a sacrifice for the safety of all. In other words suffer for irresponsible persons presumed behaviour. That is nothing specific here, it happens with many things for many people all over the world. Really? A ten to 30 day ban can´t be that bad.

Never said that all that likes to drink alcohol is an alcoholic? If so point it out, or stop blaming me for things I not post. I have been saying that it looks and, to me, is an alcoholic behaviour to stock pile an non-necessary product that has no benefits for the human body. Actually it is proven to have negative effects. I also like to drink a beer now and then, sometimes much more than one. I also drink shots, straights and drinks as well as a good bottle of wine. I would never fall as low, and embarrass my dignity to my own person to run stock pile just for a 10-30 day ban of sale.

I am not sad at all. I actually have a wonderful life with my family here in Thailand, during the pandemic. We have more time for each other and finding new jokes as well as new stuff to do everyday. Also, even if many will be, my businesses is not dead. They are blooming, so I have a lot to do there too. With that said, I also always find the time to sit down for a beer or a good whiskey. That alcohol is an unnecessary product is not my belief. Why are you lying and twisting the discussion creating false information? It´s scientifically proven that alcohol is a non-essential and a not necessary product for the human population. You say that it´s not for others. Yeah ok, then we are there again. If alcohol becomes a necessity or a necessary product for a person, then that person is to fall under the classification alcoholist. You just can´t get away from that. All you do is digging yourself deeper in a seemingly bottomless pit for you.

The world history has clearly taught us, you cannot contain or curb people's desires. For sure people will travel to provinces that don't ban the sale during certain hours, that is a given if they have half the chance. In fact someone already suggested doing just that a few posts above yours. And no, it does not mean they are alcoholic. It just means they want to drink alcohol, and they are prepared to drive a little bit further to get it. Nothing more and nothing less. You are in no position to determine wether people that drive a bit further to obtain a few bottles of beers fall into the alcoholism bracket. 

It is just a sign of bad policy that hasn't been tought through at all. Or in other words, utter stupididty. 

For the rest of your drivel, I am not digging myself into anything. I still maintain, that the sale of alcohol will do nothing to curb the virus. And it seems the vast majority of countries seems to agree with me, as in almost no other countries did they include banning of alcohol into the covid-19 related measures. I guess the Thai and you know better right ? Get off your high horse please, that was exactly what the sad remark was referring too. But alas, didn't even understood that.

As to the reason for the ban, you completely fail to see the logic once again, alcohol is not the reason that people break the rules and get together, and even if it was, the logic and efficient approach would be to punish those that break those rules, not punish everyone else. 

Let't ban cars, because some people might break the law and go over the speed limit. It's the exact same moronic reasoning. 

Edited by sjaak327

37 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

The world history has clearly taught us, you cannot contain or curb people's desires. For sure people will travel to provinces that don't ban the sale during certain hours, that is a given if they have half the chance. In fact someone already suggested doing just that a few posts above yours. And no, it does not mean they are alcoholic. It just means they want to drink alcohol, and they are prepared to drive a little bit further to get it. Nothing more and nothing less. You are in no position to determine wether people that drive a bit further to obtain a few bottles of beers fall into the alcoholism bracket. 

It is just a sign of bad policy that hasn't been tought through at all. Or in other words, utter stupididty. 

For the rest of your drivel, I am not digging myself into anything. I still maintain, that the sale of alcohol will do nothing to curb the virus. And it seems the vast majority of countries seems to agree with me, as in almost no other countries did they include banning of alcohol into the covid-19 related measures. I guess the Thai and you know better right ? Get off your high horse please, that was exactly what the sad remark was referring too. But alas, didn't even understood that.

As to the reason for the ban, you completely fail to see the logic once again, alcohol is not the reason that people break the rules and get together, and even if it was, the logic and efficient approach would be to punish those that break those rules, not punish everyone else. 

Let't ban cars, because some people might break the law and go over the speed limit. It's the exact same moronic reasoning. 

It´s sad when you try your best to use the word want, when you before posted some people see it as a necessary thing. Better use a dictionary before you digging deeper. I just had enough of this now. We are not coming any further. You have one opinion, and I have another. Let´s just agree to disagree.

24 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

It´s sad when you try your best to use the word want, when you before posted some people see it as a necessary thing. Better use a dictionary before you digging deeper. I just had enough of this now. We are not coming any further. You have one opinion, and I have another. Let´s just agree to disagree.

Sure, instead of trying to nit-pick about necessity or not, a claim I never made, my claim was clear from the beginning, the ban of alcohol will do nothing to curb the spread of the virus. All the rest is just a vain attempt of justifying an idiotic measure. whether or not alcohol is a necessity is completely irrelevant. They did not ban many other non necessary products, they just banned alcohol, under false motives, and quite possibly a measure that will prove to be counter productive. Brains, thinking, I know so hard for some people. Clouded by what they believe to be right. Oh well.

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Sure, instead of trying to nit-pick about necessity or not, a claim I never made, my claim was clear from the beginning, the ban of alcohol will do nothing to curb the spread of the virus. All the rest is just a vain attempt of justifying an idiotic measure. whether or not alcohol is a necessity is completely irrelevant. They did not ban many other non necessary products, they just banned alcohol, under false motives, and quite possibly a measure that will prove to be counter productive. Brains, thinking, I know so hard for some people. Clouded by what they believe to be right. Oh well.

Ops! You needed to continue with some slur and degrading things to sum it all up with. How manly of you! Hope you feel proud of yourself.

All the time you have come with excuses as "want to drink", "like to drink" and that "driving to another province to get what apparently is needed". I hope you know that one definition of alcoholism is to start make excuses for getting the hold of alcohol and drinking alcohol.

So, run along now and have a good day. Don´t forget to tell yourself that you are drinking just because you want. :clap2::cheesy::cheesy::burp:

37 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ops! You needed to continue with some slur and degrading things to sum it all up with. How manly of you! Hope you feel proud of yourself.

All the time you have come with excuses as "want to drink", "like to drink" and that "driving to another province to get what apparently is needed". I hope you know that one definition of alcoholism is to start make excuses for getting the hold of alcohol and drinking alcohol.

So, run along now and have a good day. Don´t forget to tell yourself that you are drinking just because you want. :clap2::cheesy::cheesy::burp:

Spare me the <deleted>. To date, you have brought nothing to table how a ban on the sale of alcohol does anything towards curbing the spread of the virus. All you brought to the table is how people that like to drink alcohol must have some alcoholism problem. The laughing icons are reflecting your utter drivel. Not everyone that opposes illogical laws are automatically alcoholists. It seems you might have a few too many ????

Oh and what excuses do you see exactly ? in normal countries, alcohol sales aren't banned, yesterday I went to my local supermarket, and was able to buy a bottle of Havana Club, and 10 beers just fine. Next week it will not be different. Just in backwards Thailand people need to go through hoops to get a perfectly innocent bottle of beer or rum or Whiskey, just because some utter idiots treat them like children. Oh the irony !

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Spare me the <deleted>. To date, you have brought nothing to table how a ban on the sale of alcohol does anything towards curbing the spread of the virus. All you brought to the table is how people that like to drink alcohol must have some alcoholism problem. The laughing icons are reflecting your utter drivel. Not everyone that opposes illogical laws are automatically alcoholists. It seems you might have a few too many ????

Oh and what excuses do you see exactly ? in normal countries, alcohol sales aren't banned, yesterday I went to my local supermarket, and was able to buy a bottle of Havana Club, and 10 beers just fine. Next week it will not be different. Just in backwards Thailand people need to go through hoops to get a perfectly innocent bottle of beer or rum or Whiskey, just because some utter idiots treat them like children. Oh the irony !

Lucky you ain´t here then! Can you do me a favor, and keep it that way?

Exactly same, you have not brought nothing to the table that says you are right having the opposite opinion. One thing you should consider is that Thailand and Thai people, does not react same to alcohol or use it like people do in western countries. Actually nothing works same here, and maybe that is where your incapacity to comprehend can be found. You are comparing how things work in your country with how it works in Thailand. Something I learned to stop with over 18 years ago.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Lucky you ain´t here then! Can you do me a favor, and keep it that way?

Exactly same, you have not brought nothing to the table that says you are right having the opposite opinion. One thing you should consider is that Thailand and Thai people, does not react same to alcohol or use it like people do in western countries. Actually nothing works same here, and maybe that is where your incapacity to comprehend can be found. You are comparing how things work in your country with how it works in Thailand. Something I learned to stop with over 18 years ago.

As I said before, it is time to government starts to treat people like adults. I know quite a few Thai people, no-one I know is stupid enough to do what you are suggesting they would do. The sale of alcohol does not magically mean people go out en masse and drink the night away. Not only because there already is a cerfew, but also so people actually know that in this point in time such behaviour is not recommended. 

I have pointed out serveral points why this will not do anything in terms of curbing the spread of the virus, and brought one to table where it might have a negative effect. But alas, some people are so convinced about their own morals, or opinion, that they simply refuse to apply logic. The last thing a government should do is force people to travel accross provinces just to be able to buy a little bit of alcohol. As already pointed out to you, a few posts above yours, people already suggested doing just that. Yet the powers that be actually believe they are doing something good, without taking all parameters into account. So laughable. 

Look at you bunch of sad sacks unable to survive for a mere 20 days without your regular alcohol poison fix. Get a grip! Unless it escaped your attention, Thailand is a Buddhist country. They should ban alcohol 365 days a year! Alcohol takes you away from the meditative states in which you can achieve nirvana.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Thainess said:

Look at you bunch of sad sacks unable to survive for a mere 20 days without your regular alcohol poison fix. Get a grip! Unless it escaped your attention, Thailand is a Buddhist country. They should ban alcohol 365 days a year! Alcohol takes you away from the meditative states in which you can achieve nirvana.

Hmm, apparently the Thai disagree with you, they drink quite a lot. Granted, the Lao beat the Thai but just barely. 

18 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

As I said before, it is time to government starts to treat people like adults. I know quite a few Thai people, no-one I know is stupid enough to do what you are suggesting they would do. The sale of alcohol does not magically mean people go out en masse and drink the night away. Not only because there already is a cerfew, but also so people actually know that in this point in time such behaviour is not recommended. 

I have pointed out serveral points why this will not do anything in terms of curbing the spread of the virus, and brought one to table where it might have a negative effect. But alas, some people are so convinced about their own morals, or opinion, that they simply refuse to apply logic. The last thing a government should do is force people to travel accross provinces just to be able to buy a little bit of alcohol. As already pointed out to you, a few posts above yours, people already suggested doing just that. Yet the powers that be actually believe they are doing something good, without taking all parameters into account. So laughable. 

They are doing something good. Out of curiosity, what country are you from. It´s actually very important when you start to talk about treating people and want your rights.

Edited by Matzzon

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, go play with somebody else now.  They are doing something good.

Yes in your view. A very limited view. No need to tell me anything, I am surprised that you take it so personally. There must be more then meets the eye here. Ex alcoholic ?

Edit, seen you edited your post, I am from the Netherlands, why does that even matter ?  Disliking unnecessary measures where governments treat their own citizens as idiots is not a universal issue ? 

Edited by sjaak327

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Yes in your view. A very limited view. No need to tell me anything, I am surprised that you take it so personally. There must be more then meets the eye here. Ex alcoholic ?

Not at all! Never been and never going to be. I seem to take it same personally like you, due to that you reply all the time. Are you from the US by any chance?

Just now, Matzzon said:

Not at all! Never been and never going to be. I seem to take it same personally like you, due to that you reply all the time. Are you from the US by any chance?

nope, see my edited post for reference. I don't  take it personally at all, I have stated why I think the measure is idiotic, and why I think it is time governments stop treating people like idiots. Nothing more and nothing less. It has absolutely nothing to do with alcoholism or any other made up reason. It is what I already stated it is.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

nope, see my edited post for reference. I don't  take it personally at all, I have stated why I think the measure is idiotic, and why I think it is time governments stop treating people like idiots. Nothing more and nothing less. It has absolutely nothing to do with alcoholism or any other made up reason. It is what I already stated it is.

Yep and I have stated that your stance is idiotic and stand by that.

1 hour ago, sjaak327 said:

Don’t feed the Troll.

• Like 1