Only 1.68 million of over 24m applicants qualify for first instalment of handouts

snoop1130

Only 1.68 million of over 24m applicants qualify for first instalment of handouts

By The Nation

800_ce6e0b3f622eb94.jpg

Lavaron Sangsnit

Only 1.68 million of the more than 24 million who applied for government cash handouts to help people affected by the Covid-19 outbreak were found to be eligible, the Fiscal Policy Office (FPO) said.

FPO director-general and Ministry of Finance spokesperson Lavaron Sangsnit said that of 24.28 million applicants who had registered for cash handouts of Bt5,000 per month through the website www.เราไม่ทิ้งกัน.com, only 1.68 million met the criteria to receive the first instalment of the handouts.

The 1.68 million applicants eligible to receive cash handout can be divided into eight career groups:

Merchants: Of 6.3 million applicants, 600,000 people met the criteria.

Empolyees: Of 11.7 million applicants, 400,000 people met the criteria.

Employers: Of 1.9 million applicants, 400,000 people met the criteria.

Drivers: Of 300,000 applicants, 100,000 people met the criteria.

Freelancers: Of 1.7 million applicants, 100,000 people met the criteria.

Lottery ticket sellers: Of 200,000 applicants, 20,000 people met the criteria.

Tourist guides: Of 30,000 applicants, 10,000 people met the criteria.

Online merchants: 2.1 million applicants were disqualified.

Lavaron said to applicants who had not received the first batch of cash handouts that the screening process was not complete yet.

“The remedies do not cover online merchants because the government has not closed any online firms or stores,” he said.

“Meanwhile, transportation and logistics firms still operate normally, so it is not considered to be affected by the Covid-19 outbreak.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385683

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-09

6 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Never know if you don't have a go, right? ????

You can just imagine, people never paid a penny tax, families registering in-laws that are imprisoned or been abroad for years..the list would be endless...but right, nothing ventured, nothing gained

2 hours ago, smedly said:

a lot of people with no income now - what are they supposed to do

maybe train to be submariners - navy looking for crews

Nahh, won't work. Submarines are not known to be very effective to practice "social distancing" ;-D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

a lot of people with no income now - what are they supposed to do

maybe train to be submariners - navy looking for crews

I believe they have been training for the last 50 (odd) years in preparation for the subs to finally arrive !

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, fishtank said:

My Wife tells me of some woman on Facebook bragging about her payment she received and was not entitled to.

So some people have actually received money already?   May I ask how long it took from application date until the money arrived in the bank account?

---------------

And yes, I agree with many other posters.   A lot of the very people who would need it the most are likely being disqualified.   Perhaps someone from the top could wave a wand and just push the payments through.   The money has already been earmarked.    So what could possibly disqualify these people?   are they making "too much" money?

Things will start getting ugly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

All Thais should just shut up. If you have no money bad luck. Submarines, helicopters etc are very expensive and are vital for the nations security. Not enough money for free testing and large scale testing. Can't afford a covid test bad luck you can die. We can't afford to give you Bt5000. No money because watches, rings, Mercedes and mansions are expensive.

Yes, Just shut up and die because you have no money for food.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, fishtank said:

My Wife tells me of some woman on Facebook bragging about her payment she received and was not entitled to.

My Wife has had to close her clothes shop and so far has received nothing.

Things are going to turn nasty.

If it is the same woman, she was featuretuted on Thai tv bragging ,compleat with her designer handbag and posh clothes  .I think the problem is ,with the Thais being a bunch of number crunchers and they  know about most people ,(big brother is watching) ,they knew how many people qualified,was it 8 milloin ?,the rest are just trying it on ,inculding 3 members of the wifes family ,two are rice farmers , who do not qualife ,the other pays Thai SS and has a good job .

43 minutes ago, fishtank said:

She has to pay it back.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Same here.. about a lady from Phuket. She was bragging and showing off on FB saying the 5k was just a snack and she throws it on the fridge as it was nothing. She earn a lot money from foreigners if you know what I mean. On her page was her in the best place with expensive clothes.

Then everybody on FB was angry and share what she was posting. 

Eventually the government got attention and sent the police to find her, and they did. Then she did apologize saying she was showing off and regretted it, her FB page was already deleted, and she said not want/need the 5k anymore give it to the low poors.

Can tell you, she lost face now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

To me a Freelancer is a hooker.  Am I off on this one?

Sir the name hooker is very crude...

I think a better name would be a "therapeutic personal assistant stimulation provider" 

Edited by fforest1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

I have also heard the same story .....   I also hear that very many are completely disillusioned.. It is reported on television that support is given to 'workers' in Europe ... but poor support in Thailand for low income ...

Nice round figures there... nothing suspicious there. Nothing to see here folks, move along, move along. Government... eye roll. 24 million applied, do you think maybe they don't REALLY want to give the money out. 70 million people live in Thailand, more than half are working adults... let the people have the money for ^(&*(**()#$%#$%^!!!!

Edited by Tounge Thaied
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So 24m people need the money and only 1.68m will get it, it's going to get ugly in weeks

I don't know if 24m need the money, but I would expect much more than 1.68m will... and the fact that some will get it and the majority will not .... if you were one that needs it and was rejected it will feed into a deep seeded anger...  really stupid politically either way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chrysaora said:

To me a Freelancer is a hooker.  Am I off on this one?

Free lancer could be someone working by themselves in a bar (not employed at the par) - i.e. like some places to dance in Pattaya. 

There are many more 'freelancers' though in Thailand who, I suspect your motorcycle driver would be a freelancer (working for himself)... many people doing deliveries etc.  Anyone not really working at a steady job for a company.  Lots of those in Thailand

• Thanks 1