Pipe Thread.

Wee Man

17 hours ago, Wee Man said:

Thanks.

17 hours ago, Wee Man said:
On 4/9/2020 at 8:04 PM, Toosetinmyways said:

Most common would be NPT. My Thai pipe shop catalogue also lists British Standard. BSTP. BSPP. NPS. JIS. Taper. pipe and fittings available.

Thanks.

I disagree. standard water fittings use bsp.

The Op hasn't stated his intended use so the correct thread would be potentially be suited to the use and what ever it is being connected to.

You can buy glav water pipen in global house to BS standard, all though closed currently.

Basically as anything goes here there is a real mishmash,try and choose your threader on the ease of getting spare/alternative cutting teeth.

I take my pipe to my local engineering workshop who has a large and let him do it for me.

14 minutes ago, shaemus said:

*Lathe*????

Probably even a large *Lathe*, the workshop near me certainly has one ???? I got him to cut the threads on my pipes awhile ago

l had guessed what you meant, but it was just too good to let slip. ????

Edited by sometimewoodworker

9 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Probably even a large *Lathe*, the workshop near me certainly has one ???? I got him to cut the threads on my pipes awhile ago

l had guessed what you meant, but it was just too good to let slip. ????

Thanks to all you guys.  I will go to my local engineering shop.  That will be the safest way

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

Thanks to all you guys.  I will go to my local engineering shop.  That will be the safest way

Thanks.

Don’t forget that you need a sample of the thread you want cutting, unless you are going to try to get him to cut female threads as well. Male thread cutting is easy, female, not so much.

• 2 weeks later...

No need for an engineering firm ,in our small town we have 2 shops that sell steel pipe, box section , nuts and bolts etc, and they have a machine for tapping threads they also sell all the fitting.they have done a few jobs for me. 

They should be one in your local town ,just ask around ,as for the thread ,just a BSTP ,even plastic fittings can be used. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kickstart said:

No need for an engineering firm ,in our small town we have 2 shops that sell steel pipe, box section , nuts and bolts etc, and they have a machine for tapping threads they also sell all the fitting.they have done a few jobs for me. 

They should be one in your local town ,just ask around ,as for the thread ,just a BSTP ,even plastic fittings can be used. 

+1  Quite a few hole in the wall shops near me (Asoke and Rama4 in BKK) sold pipe that they'd cut and thread while I waited.  They're all over once you start looking.  If they were busy, I'd give them the lengths and come back later for the finished pieces.  Unless it will be an ongoing thing, that was a lot easier and cheaper than buying (and storing and maintaining) my own tapping equipment.