BANGKOK
snoop1130

Phuket officials to launch islandwide door-to-door checks for COVID-19

Phuket officials to launch islandwide door-to-door checks for COVID-19

By The Phuket News

1586429948_1-org.jpg

Governor Phakaphong announced the news while receiving 3,000 infrared thermometers from the DDPM Region 11 office in Surat Thani. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- Phuket will be the first province in the country to launch door-to-door checks of residents’ body temperatures in the hope of identifying infected people early and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.

Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatan announced the news during a ceremony held yesterday (Apr 8 ) to receive 3,000 infrared thermometers supplied by the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) Region 11 office based in Surat Thani.

In Phuket to present the devices to Governor Phakaphong was DDPM Region 11 Director Udomsak Khao Nuna.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-to-launch-islandwide-door-to-door-checks-for-covid-19-75653.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-09
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

It seems to me that this approach could add more to the spread of covid rather than helping. If they are going door to door having some type of close contact with people and their homes, doesn't that create the potential to carry the virus to the next person when they'd make contact with someone who is not showing symptoms but has the virus? If there are 3000 volunteers running around from house to house, I can see the possibility of some problems with this approach. 

As long as they keep social distance.

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Chalong circle said:

Been tested for temperature 4 times today already (Supercheap twice, Villa market once, 7/11 once) . I am OK !

Me too.  But I am quite happy to know my temperature .... and for free

• Thanks 1

Can’t stop themselves from spending money on depreciating assets.