China reclassifies dogs as pets, not livestock, in post-virus regulatory push

snoop1130

53 minutes ago, TheDark said:

I'm really curious why people can see cows as meat, and not see horses as salami meat?

Cows are clearly far more intelligent, far more dog like animals, thoughtful animals than horses.

So what is the point not to eat dogs, cows, horses pigs and chicken? 

Oh, did I just forgot to blank some of those animals from the list, just because I did not want to offend their cultural heritage. I guess I just did so.

Now do figure out, what type of meats are acceptable to eat and which are not.

Then expain each type by your own words.

This should be fun.

Cows, pigs and chickens are good source of protein to the human race. Dogs are man's best friend. Horses you have a bet on.. I'm really curious where your from?.... 

This should be fun..........     

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Shenzhen may one day be the conscience of China.  The city has the most diverse population in China, best food, fantastic infrastructure, including more electric vehicles any place on earth, and is laid back with eateries opened all night.  It is more of a place to work and seek fortune than it is a place for relaxation.  

Edited by yellowboat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, phkauf said:

They can't keep using that old excuse for how they ate dogs and such when Mao starved the nation during his Cultural Revolution and Great Leap Forward fiascos.

My mother still eats tripe for the same reason.  These are generational things and they take generations to change.  The young of China are changing many things and as quickly as the CCP will allow.

44 minutes ago, ReLo said:

finally !!! but how many years before their idiots insane habits change ? I wish to these people the worst !!! especially the ones from Yulin !!

Do consider that China only had 70+ years as an united country and about 40 years as a modern economy. Foreign invasions, civil wars, feudalism have impoverished China for thousand of years and eating a meal a day was a luxury. Some of those eating habits that they depended on for survival will change as the nation progress and join the global community, 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Why does all the last virus problems came from China? It's their culture of eating animals that can transfer virusus from animals to humans. There aren't so many beside bats and other species and china and the westen world know it. But to change chinese habits is the same like you want to change the moon into the sun!

Only if it is forbidden by law with "painful" sanctions!

• Like 1

So, by the Chinese gov't acknowledging that all this time dogs were considered livestock, the following is no longer considered a racist joke, and that anyone who called a person who told this joke a racist needs to apologize to them.

Q: what do you call a Chinese with 2 dogs?

A: a rancher

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Do consider that China only had 70+ years as an united country and about 40 years as a modern economy. Foreign invasions, civil wars, feudalism have impoverished China for thousand of years and eating a meal a day was a luxury. Some of those eating habits that they depended on for survival will change as the nation progress and join the global community, 

Impoverished for a thousand years??? What nonsense. Maybe your history should be something other than that provided by the Chinese Communist Party to serve their goals of keeping the people in the dark as to the true horrible nature of their rule. I have very intelligent friends in China who justify the state surveillance and oppression under the guise of keeping them safe.

The impoverishment you speak about was caused by Mao's idiotic policies that resulted in mass famine and millions of deaths.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, phkauf said:

Impoverished for a thousand years??? What nonsense. Maybe your history should be something other than that provided by the Chinese Communist Party to serve their goals of keeping the people in the dark as to the true horrible nature of their rule. I have very intelligent friends in China who justify the state surveillance and oppression under the guise of keeping them safe.

The impoverishment you speak about was caused by Mao's idiotic policies that resulted in mass famine and millions of deaths.

Did your educated friends in China educate you on the history of China which goes back thousand of years of warlords and famines. China after Mao is a only a very short part of history. 

• Like 1

A post containing unattributed content that was copy and pasted from some site has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Off topic posts and replies have been removed.