Jump to content
BANGKOK
cucme

retirement extention with proof of income

Recommended Posts

As of today, immigration in Laem Ngob (Trat) requires a bank statement in this case from a German bank, instead of a letter from the embassy or consulate as proof of income, showing the monthly earnings in pension or whatever. My freind even provided the statement form the German pension fund, not even looked at it.

There is a "volunteer" in front of the office who won't let you enter without all required documents, in his opinion either a bank book showing 800.000 B for 3 months or as he said, a bank statement from your bank in Germany, first time I've ever heard they can actually read it.

Furthermore, right now you cannot leave the province and come back, so going to another immigration is not an option.

 

Any input on that one? My friend is desperate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "Volunteer" is not very bright.

800,000 in the bank for 2 months not 3.

Or statements from your bank for income.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try again tomorrow. Another Person another decision. This is normal here in the land of smiles.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard 3 months before and 12 months of 400k afterwards...

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, cucme said:

As of today, immigration in Laem Ngob (Trat) requires a bank statement in this case from a German bank, instead of a letter from the embassy or consulate as proof of income, showing the monthly earnings in pension or whatever. My freind even provided the statement form the German pension fund, not even looked at it.

Did he have proof of income from the German embassy in Bangkok. It is that or 12 months of transfers into a Thai bank but most offices prefer the proof from the embassy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In January, Jomtien accepted copies of my two pension letters (P60 + state pension award notice ) together with a bank letter showing 12 international transfers of over 65k per month. 

 

BTW although the P60 was from the last tax year the award notice was dated November 2016 but it was still accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cucme said:

As of today, immigration in Laem Ngob (Trat) requires a bank statement in this case from a German bank

Can you not download the German bank statement and print it off? That's what I did for my UK bank statement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last extension based on income in homeland was January 2020 at Immigration Jomtien.

I usually go to the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya to get a Letter of Income.

I present a list of monthly payments done by the Belgian Office of pensions and copies of my Belgian bankbook showing these amounts being credited on my account.

This year the Vice-Consul told me she received a call from Immigration to tell her customers that next to the L.o.I. they also wanted to see the documents presented to her.

So I did when I went to Immigration. The officer checked that the L.o.I. plus the 2 documents were attached to my TM7 and granted me my extension. 

Next year maybe something different. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

My last extension based on income in homeland was January 2020 at Immigration Jomtien.

I usually go to the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya to get a Letter of Income.

I present a list of monthly payments done by the Belgian Office of pensions and copies of my Belgian bankbook showing these amounts being credited on my account.

This year the Vice-Consul told me she received a call from Immigration to tell her customers that next to the L.o.I. they also wanted to see the documents presented to her.

So I did when I went to Immigration. The officer checked that the L.o.I. plus the 2 documents were attached to my TM7 and granted me my extension. 

Next year maybe something different. 

That's what lady vice consul did with my paper of income from Belgium (fiscal fiche 283.11) also, she pinned it on the paper she made as my proof of income.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Did he have proof of income from the German embassy in Bangkok. It is that or 12 months of transfers into a Thai bank but most offices prefer the proof from the embassy.

He had proof of income from the German consulate-general in Pattaya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

Can you not download the German bank statement and print it off? That's what I did for my UK bank statement.

Yes he could, however in the past, the only thing that worked was a letter from the embassy or consulate.

On the other hand, he does not have access to his bank account, that is managed by his daughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

My last extension based on income in homeland was January 2020 at Immigration Jomtien.

I usually go to the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya to get a Letter of Income.

I present a list of monthly payments done by the Belgian Office of pensions and copies of my Belgian bankbook showing these amounts being credited on my account.

This year the Vice-Consul told me she received a call from Immigration to tell her customers that next to the L.o.I. they also wanted to see the documents presented to her.

So I did when I went to Immigration. The officer checked that the L.o.I. plus the 2 documents were attached to my TM7 and granted me my extension. 

Next year maybe something different. 

Same he tried, he had all his German pension statements, the "volunteer" did not accept that, insisted in a statement of bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cucme said:

Same he tried, he had all his German pension statements, the "volunteer" did not accept that, insisted in a statement of bank account.

The problem with one Immigration office to another, from one officer to another in the same office, and now volunteers seems also to have their say.

He must try to have a copy of his German bank account showing the monthly amounts credited, it may be sufficient.

Or maybe having the help of an agent, of course at a price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Did he have proof of income from the German embassy in Bangkok. It is that or 12 months of transfers into a Thai bank but most offices prefer the proof from the embassy.

In Pathum Thani they require both for one year extension based on marriage : an embassy letter (translated and legalised) + letter from local bank.

In my case it is a bank letter about 12 monthly transfers well above the legal minimum + photocopy of my bank book.....and now the latest surprise I was sent back to the bank to get an update of my bank book which is normally only required for people with the 400.000 or 800.000 Baht requirement. 

Edited by fvw53
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cucme said:

He had proof of income from the German consulate-general in Pattaya.

Maybe Trat not accept the Income Letter from the Consul-General for Austria and Germany in Pattaya.

Maybe only accepted by Immigrations Chonburi, or maybe only the one in Jomtien. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...