retirement extention with proof of income

As of today, immigration in Laem Ngob (Trat) requires a bank statement in this case from a German bank, instead of a letter from the embassy or consulate as proof of income, showing the monthly earnings in pension or whatever. My freind even provided the statement form the German pension fund, not even looked at it.

There is a "volunteer" in front of the office who won't let you enter without all required documents, in his opinion either a bank book showing 800.000 B for 3 months or as he said, a bank statement from your bank in Germany, first time I've ever heard they can actually read it.

Furthermore, right now you cannot leave the province and come back, so going to another immigration is not an option.

Any input on that one? My friend is desperate.

18 hours ago, cucme said:

As of today, immigration in Laem Ngob (Trat) requires a bank statement in this case from a German bank, instead of a letter from the embassy or consulate as proof of income, showing the monthly earnings in pension or whatever. My freind even provided the statement form the German pension fund, not even looked at it.

Did he have proof of income from the German embassy in Bangkok. It is that or 12 months of transfers into a Thai bank but most offices prefer the proof from the embassy.

In January, Jomtien accepted copies of my two pension letters (P60 + state pension award notice ) together with a bank letter showing 12 international transfers of over 65k per month. 

BTW although the P60 was from the last tax year the award notice was dated November 2016 but it was still accepted.

My last extension based on income in homeland was January 2020 at Immigration Jomtien.

I usually go to the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya to get a Letter of Income.

I present a list of monthly payments done by the Belgian Office of pensions and copies of my Belgian bankbook showing these amounts being credited on my account.

This year the Vice-Consul told me she received a call from Immigration to tell her customers that next to the L.o.I. they also wanted to see the documents presented to her.

So I did when I went to Immigration. The officer checked that the L.o.I. plus the 2 documents were attached to my TM7 and granted me my extension. 

Next year maybe something different. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

My last extension based on income in homeland was January 2020 at Immigration Jomtien.

I present a list of monthly payments done by the Belgian Office of pensions and copies of my Belgian bankbook showing these amounts being credited on my account.

This year the Vice-Consul told me she received a call from Immigration to tell her customers that next to the L.o.I. they also wanted to see the documents presented to her.

So I did when I went to Immigration. The officer checked that the L.o.I. plus the 2 documents were attached to my TM7 and granted me my extension. 

That's what lady vice consul did with my paper of income from Belgium (fiscal fiche 283.11) also, she pinned it on the paper she made as my proof of income.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Did he have proof of income from the German embassy in Bangkok. It is that or 12 months of transfers into a Thai bank but most offices prefer the proof from the embassy.

He had proof of income from the German consulate-general in Pattaya.

55 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

Can you not download the German bank statement and print it off? That's what I did for my UK bank statement.

Yes he could, however in the past, the only thing that worked was a letter from the embassy or consulate.

On the other hand, he does not have access to his bank account, that is managed by his daughter.

30 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Same he tried, he had all his German pension statements, the "volunteer" did not accept that, insisted in a statement of bank account.

2 minutes ago, cucme said:

Same he tried, he had all his German pension statements, the "volunteer" did not accept that, insisted in a statement of bank account.

The problem with one Immigration office to another, from one officer to another in the same office, and now volunteers seems also to have their say.

He must try to have a copy of his German bank account showing the monthly amounts credited, it may be sufficient.

Or maybe having the help of an agent, of course at a price.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

In Pathum Thani they require both for one year extension based on marriage : an embassy letter (translated and legalised) + letter from local bank.

In my case it is a bank letter about 12 monthly transfers well above the legal minimum + photocopy of my bank book.....and now the latest surprise I was sent back to the bank to get an update of my bank book which is normally only required for people with the 400.000 or 800.000 Baht requirement. 

Edited by fvw53
typo

20 minutes ago, cucme said:

He had proof of income from the German consulate-general in Pattaya.

Maybe Trat not accept the Income Letter from the Consul-General for Austria and Germany in Pattaya.

Maybe only accepted by Immigrations Chonburi, or maybe only the one in Jomtien. 

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Maybe Trat not accept the Income Letter from the Consul-General for Austria and Germany in Pattaya.

Maybe only accepted by Immigrations Chonburi, or maybe only the one in Jomtien. 

You are really Lucky Luke????

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I heard 3 months before and 12 months of 400k afterwards...

I am wondering why your post got the mocking reactions it did. In another similar thread I just found this out also.  I have heard 2 and 3 months before so did 3 to be safe but the 400k for a year was a total curveball. Can't imagine why a 400k deposit is mandatory to stay in a bank when the income method is used. According to Ubon Joe it's been in effect since March 2019. Wish Immigration woulda told me that when they gave me my extension.

7 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

Can't imagine why a 400k deposit is mandatory to stay in a bank when the income method is used. According to Ubon Joe it's been in effect since March 2019. Wish Immigration woulda told me that when they gave me my extension.

It is not required if you are using the income option.

The police order allowing transfers into a Thai bank for the income option went into effect in December of 2018.

The order stating 800k baht for 2 months, then for 3 months after the date of application and then 400k baht in bank until you top it up for the next extension went into effect on March 1st of 2019.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

You are really Lucky Luke????

The Austrians, Belgians, Dutch, French, Germans who use the services of the Consul-General of Austria/Germany in Pattaya and go to Immigration Jomtien are all lucky.

So far.

5 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I heard 3 months before and 12 months of 400k afterwards...

2 months before and 3 months after since March 1 2019. Then never below 400k until 2 months before next extension when you have to top it up to 800k again. This is old news. 

16 hours ago, cucme said:

Yes he could, however in the past, the only thing that worked was a letter from the embassy or consulate.

On the other hand, he does not have access to his bank account, that is managed by his daughter.

Go with the flow, i.e. let him ask his daughter to make a PDF-print of this german bank-account showing the monthly income he receives, and mail that to him.

Alternatively, he could politely but firmly request the not-so-bright volunteer to let your friend talk to an officer in charge.  When refused take out a note-book and ask for the Volunteers name and start writing it down, if that doesn't get him access to a 'real' immigration officer, take out mobile phone and call the IO Helpline 1178 to explain the rogue situation.