BANGKOK
Sharon2020

Why aren’t the Hostels Closed Down Due to Covid 19?

It’s a lesson for everyone in these difficult times., Be responsible. Most foreigners did not leave the country when they should have, take responsibility of your actions. Finding yourself in lockdown in a hostel may not be fun, it’s not supposed to be. Social distancing, confinement, everyone has to do their best. I know of tourists who went from Myanmar to Thailand, straight to Suvarnabhumi, queued night and day in turns to get flights home, didn’t sleep for 48 hrs, but then found flights , which they paid for again, and did not complain. Effort . lots of people want everything handed them-on a plate and then complain when it doesn’t go their way. 

The police as usual interpret these rules differently, as in all countries. In the UK the police tried to stop a shop selling Easter eggs, as they were not 'food'.......

i think this is a legit question, worldwide.

hostels would be a prime breeding ground for the virus, i think.

however, no issue is being made of it by any of the militant enforcers of lockdown, yet.

Hostels are breeding grounds of disease

19 hours ago, vf1234 said:

i think this is a legit question, worldwide.

hostels would be a prime breeding ground for the virus, i think.

however, no issue is being made of it by any of the militant enforcers of lockdown, yet.

I totally agree yet I know in Thailand they are going in arresting the back packers and sentencing them to prison for breaking the Covid 19 Lockdown for gathering in groups yet I hold the militant enforcers guilty for not closing them down in the first place.